Workshop Posting Guidelines

It’s not only because of that. It can be balance changes too or new heroes. It’s a bug

new heroes is okay, the new hero is disabled in your game modes. Heroes have been reworked for me and nothing too serious happened.

did anybody figure out how to move abilities from a different hero to a new one? Example" Zenyatta throwing Ashe’s bomb on his shift ability. I don’t see anybody talking about this!

1 Like

One of the two devs in charge of this, Dan and Keith, mentioned this in another thread where you are limited by animations to a degree. Like for instance some character’s functionality is dependent on animations and the workshop can only go so far, so maybe alter discord or harmony orb to act like dynamite as close as you can get it?

yeah, what commands do you use for that? I can’t find one

Well I’m not a programmer or dev, so while I don’t know exactly how it’s done I know it CAN be done from dev comments and what other, more experienced people are doing right now.

Is there a way to do something to an event players whole team? I only see options for team 1 and team 2 there is nothing like event player team. Also right now there is a heal and heal over time, but is there a way to access barriers like what lucio ult and doomfist abilities give?

Is anyone here willing to teach me how to do cool stuff with the new workshop?
I really want to create my own heros/gamemodes but I have no knowledge about coding etc.
Thank you!

1 Like

So the very first thing in my head was to create a condition that if a tank hero (Reinhardt or Orisa) were the players farthest from the Objective Position than give them a slight movement increase. However this seems troublesome at best for 2 reasons, when you choose “Player Farthest from” Option you’re able to Select The objective position but there are some unnecessary “number” fields. I have some experience with conditional scripts. if you have “Farthest From” Variable and a “Objective Position” Variable then no integer should be needed.

Secondly this seems to be missing a Variable for “Spawn room Position”
Some people may want to use a variable like that.

2 Likes

I’m doing the same thing exept on Torbjörns turret.

We are so sorry we ever got angry at you guys. We love you <3

Is there a way to get the cause of death? I.E. Regular attacks, an ability, melee, ultimate, or environmental?

How do you have characters impacted by the surroundings? (e.g. corners for old genji dash)

imagine torb turret that shoots health bullets xD

1 Like

It’s not the hero that is disabled but whole Preset instead. Take a look at the thread and you will see that this bug was reported more than 60 times

Is there a way to make death permanent in all modes?

how can i share game mod to this forums ?

Yes hello I’m not a coder or anything and I hope this is the right place to post this but I’m trying to make a game where your health increases the more times you die sooo I’ve got this code;

Set max health(event player, add(100, multiply(50, number of deaths(event player)))))

It worked in the same format for increase amount of damage the more eliminations you get;

set damage dealt(event player, add(100, multiply(10, number of eliminations(event player)))))

So basically the health part isn’t working, it occasionally adds a single health point onto the character and sometimes takes it away randomly, and when i swap heroes and no one knows how to fix it so can someone help lmaoo

[both events are ongoing - each player, all, all]

[both conditions are set to is game in progress == true]

Game code; BBV4W [apparently?]

1 Like

It will be really good if these suggestions are implemented in the workshop.

• Let us create entities inside the game. Then let us add the existing properties to it. Lets say there are 2 types (Hero , Object) . // heroes will be having character controller scripts and all essentials // Object will be like turrets, Flag, etc.
    then we add any existing functionality to any of these types
  • Give some basic tool to create empty triggers, collision based functions (On Enter, On Exit) on event section.
    It will help a lot :slight_smile:

I am a Level designer, worked in Unreal, unity, Doom Snapmap, etc. I totally believe these creation tools takes a lot of time and efforts to implement. I dont expect instant result. But still i will be writing a extensive list of things with reasoning that how its going to help later.

Happy Developing!!

Hiya, I already have lost of ideas for this feature when it hits live, one of them features the Talon assassin, specifically her ‘pounce’ ability, can anyone confirm if that’s accessible in the workshop?
Thanks in advance,
-Tuonra

1 Like