Workshop Posting Guidelines

Can anybody help me create ability cooldowns?

I want Soldier to have a beam healing over time ability that requires targets to be within a 10 degree viewing angle. I have it bound to secondary fire, and it works, but theres no cooldown. Help pls.

By pounce you mean like a Genji dash, or a targetted ability? I think it could be done if it was targetted, since you have to use “impulse” and then “players in line of sight” and lower the los cone. I am not a programmer though, that’s what i think you would have to do

With a bit of hard work it’s entirely likely that you’ll be able to rescript heroes to where they once were. People have already taken to doing this with Mercy

My god, a tp bomb with 6 turrets. 300dps. A gateway to hell.

I love it.

is that possible???

I’m not sure if this works but start with this and iterate:

Start with an ongoing global event to create variable for the cooldown (0) at the start of the game.

When the button is pressed, check whether the variable is at cooldown (>0). If false (not on cooldown), do whatever the ability needs to do, then set cooldown at 10. I think the action is “chase”, which allows you to change a value over time. Set the cooldown variable to chase from 10 to 0 over 10 seconds.

See if it works.

You can also have an onscreen text that shows the cooldown value using the variable.

1 Like

I haven’t yet looked at the hero customization UI but if it isn’t just ‘set ability 1 = blink’ for example, then yes I’ll have to replicate the effect. but I hope they’ll have libraries with the current hero abilities so you can just slot them in and not have to reinvent eh wheel.

the game is 3d its kinda hard to create a 3d model so if OW would ever want to make this this should create another program when you easily can create models its a hard work but they can give us a libary of models we can use to create stuff

In WC3 you could just create and rig 3d models in any other program f.e. 3ds Max or Maya and export them the the WC3 MDL format

I am doing a tag game. But i don’t want people to camper or hide. Is there a way to make everyone visible to everyone? Like sombra’s passive or the end of elimination mode

how can i copy multiple rules at once?
pls help

Thank you for this promising new gamemod !
Can i ask if the import/export feature will be available in some way on console ?

Is there a way to make Zaryas second bubble target herself?

Workshop is AWESOME! Congrats!

New Hero: THIEF
(modified Genji)

Code: 77G1Q

Genji goes into STEALTH (invisibility, faster movement speed, healing over time) for 3 seconds, after dealing damage by melee attack.
Becomes REVEALED (cannot go into stealth again for 3 seconds) if deals damage while in stealth.

Let’s test it with real players, not bots! o/

P.s.: Visual cues are not ideal, so here they are… When goes into stealth, the Sombra hero icon appears on the screen. When leaves stealth, the Genji hero icon appears on the screen. When REVEALED, the burning status is applied.

I saw someone put an icon on everyone’s head in-game. The icons were visible even through walls.
Maybe that would work for you.

I am trying to remake old Genji (and maybe other heroes later)
I added the double jump reset with wall climb and also edge dash (buggy)
Code to try out:
95D4F
Here is a video of this:

Hello. How can I make a hero that can decrease teammate’s current cooldown waiting time?

Need help…

Trying to execute loop that aborts depending on chased over time variable.
The problem is that the loop seems to keep executing and interrupting the chased variable. Bug or am I doing something wrong?

Code: ZZ6C5

Thanks.

— EDIT —

Started from scratch and made it work.

Workshop is awesome! s2

When I use “OR”, I can’t use “HERO OF”.

Expected this to be possible:

CONDITIONS:
OR (
IS FIRING PRIMARY (EVENT PLAYER),
NOT(HERO OF(EVENT PLAYER) == HERO(REINHARDT) )
) == FALSE

I worked around this, but had to implement a separate rule just for Rein and copy/paste the actions.

Is there another way?

I made a Skyrim like stealth game (Overwatch with sneak 100)
Code : KBBF2

Rules:

1. You are invisible while crouching (you can move but standing or losing contact with the ground will remove invisibility)
  2. If you take or deal damage, you lose invisibility (No cooldown to regain invisibility but you need to get up and crouch again)
  3. While you are invisible, you deal 3000% damage (only applies to the first instance of damage because of rule 2)
  4. Few heroes and abilities are modified or disabled for balance purposes.
  5. Game mode is FFA deathmatch and generally more fun on smaller maps.

I’ve posted a gameplay video on reddit:
I made a Skyrim stealth game!

1 Like