[Workshop Mode] Loot Quest - PvE RPG w Save Codes [v7.5.1.8]

Yes, the server still force-closes after 4+ hours I think (it used to be 90 minutes before the big workshop update from February 4th).

There is a small message that appears in system chat (yellow) shortly before the server closes (something like “Game lasted too long”), but I think that doesn’t leave enough time for players to save in Loot Quest.

As usual, some scripts are at 19,99x of 20,000 allowed elements ^^, so I need to find something that can be optimized for script size again and then implement the change in all scripts (which can take a lot of time).

At first though, it would be great if someone could test if the server always shuts down after the exact same amount of time, and find out how long that is.
Or are you certain it’s exactly 4 hours already?

im pretty sure that its near 4 hours, but i haven’t actually seen the match time when the shut-down prompt appears in chat. i can put up a small timer on my screen when i host a loot quest tomorrow, displaying the current match time value. if it is 4 hours on the dot, the match time value would be equal to 14400.

Hi, I found the Arreat Summit doesn’t work. There is no enemy. Could you please check it?

Oh, haha. Should be fixed now :slight_smile: Thanks for the report.

1 Like

Hi can you add goldmine and bloodcristal with quests to your Loot Quest mode it will be make this mode more fun and earn money littlebit faster. And the name of gamble and rumble change to upgrade and buy new item bcs ppl dont understand this mod whitout beginners guide

Ps. Sorry for my english ;D

Hi :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, many of the Loot Quest scripts are very close the the maximum script size of 20,000 elements already, so I don’t see a way at the moment, to add larger new features to the game mode. I’ll consider renaming the stations in a future update though. Thanks for your feedback :slight_smile:

what was the bug with the renewal process if i may ask?

There was a problem with renewing non SN characters. If you have a level 60+ renewed character that is bugged, you can send me a message on Discord or ingame and I can send you back a fixed version of the same character.

1 Like

what is the bug? how do we know if we have a bugged character (or is it obvious)

also, curious as to what a renewed SN is supposed to do, mine went from all 50’s to 25’s, i think the specials stayed unchanged.

Make sure, you use the latest version of Loot Quest. It’s obvious when a renewed character is lv 60+, before that, the bug makes no difference.

Ive noticed non SN characters getting to level 60 again after renewal will have a high rank 5 power level but wont turn SN. It will show the yellow SN tag in ur inventory but stays rank 5 when equipt. Also that might be a bug as well with the stats. I have a SN reaper and sym both rewewed. When i got reaper level 60 again he went to 9999 with 50 main stats. My sym however went to around 7999 and had 25 main stats.

Also wondering if it might be possible to allow turrets/summons to trigger specials and gain kill credit for players with the new changes to workshop in the PTR

SN items are rank 5. If the HUD text is yellow, then it should have worked. The base stats you obtain after Renewal depend on your player level. They can be 0-49, depending on your level (85-99). There was a bug in prior versions that would not give Super Novice items the proper stats when reaching lv 60. That one should be fixed in version 6.0.5. If you feel like your save code is bugged, send me a message ingame or on Discord, please.

I don’t think it is (will have to test to be sure, but I haven’t seen anything like that in the list of changes).

If renewing anything other than a SN, i would get a high power rank 5 with around 8999 power. When reaching level 60 on that it would only show the yellow tag while in my inventory. Could just be a display issue but the only time the power level would be in that 85-99 would be using renewal on SN.

If it’s not getting the SN bonus when equipped after reaching lv 60, then it’s not working as intended (this happens if the renewal for the item was completed before v6.0.5). If you send me a message ingame or on Discord, I can fix the save state for you.

Uh, last time i loaded in my save code it didn’t save my inventory. Is this meant to happen or is it a bug?

inventory is not saved, only the active one.
if you want to save additional, you can get a save for each character you want to keep.

(in order to keep all items in inventory, the save code would be way bigger than it already is)

besides, you want a clean inventory so you can get new drops, the system works pretty well.

so next time, if you get a drop you want to keep, just get a save code for it before selling it.

see section 4.2 for loading from the station, if you hold reload at digit 40, you’ll load only the item.

so… lets say you are lvl 20 playing mcree and you get an echo you want to play a bit, but dont want to lose mcree.

1. get a savecode while playing mcree
  2. switch to echo and play a bit
  3. before you quit lets say you are now lvl24 and playing echo, get a savecode for this.

now next time you play, you want to be mcree…
load the lvl24 echo, then load the lvl20 mcree item only.

you’ll end up still lvl24 but with the mcree in your inventory.

1 Like

Hey! This gamemode is pretty fun and lot new comers come to my workshop server and play with me when either farming for gold or doing Attreat Summit. And while I kept playing the game, you never mention about the “The Great Evil” enemy which sometime drop like a very powerful version of the SN item. Is that rare to occur like that?

yes, those enemies do drop powerful items occasionally. they aren’t more powerful versions of SN’s, though.

That’s an awesome update, thank you Delwion!

1 Like