Winston is useless and desperately needs a buff

I agree that Winston shouldn’t get a buff. He’s still strong and buffinf him would incite more dive meta which is why they need to tread carefully here.

1 Like

Not only does Self-Destruct have the least kills per 10 minutes of any damaging ult but also Winston has never, ever been a counter to D.Va because of how armor works. So I have no clue what bizarro Overwatch you’re playing.

2 Likes

http s://www.overbuff.com/heroes

Educate yourself.

Look above this post.

Fair enough.

Though the devs do not want to make the same mistake they did when dive was conceived by the playerbase after a minor and much needed buff to Winston’s kit.

D.Va can’t eat Winston damage therefore he counters her. And she’s easy target when out of suit.

Despite what everyone thinks, Dive was just a re-occuring meta due to healers like ana that synergies’s with rein, being crap. Dive had a break with mercy/junkrat metas.

Agreed. Winston is a cool idea for a character and he seems to be a big part of Tracers story and she his but on the battle field I just feel sorry for him. He’s not very Tanky, he isn’t much for damage output either and his shield only seems useful in Total mayhem due to extremely shortened cool down. So it would seem like a tune up could be great but definitely not as strong as Total Mayhem Winston. There are some players who disagree and love Winston and love to play as him in QP and Competition but 50 to 500 or so? Maybe less? I’ve seen less than 50 in support of him just on this thread alone so out of thousands or tens of thousands of players it seems the Nays have it. He could appeal to more or he could remain a very niche hero like Doomfist. Also I’m a solo queuer so having things like friends to support a player as Winston possibly changes things quite a bit but he is definitely not a popular choice although he could become one. Widows grapple hook cooldown was improved. Orisa’s shield size was improved. He doesn’t need a drastic change just a slight update to make him more difficult to kill and more useful to his team. Horizon Lunar colony is a terrific map and thanks to Blizzard for recently making it even better!

remember when people said rein and zarya desperately needed a buff and they did not change them and they are somehow being played everywhere now?

you need to chill, he will be fine.

Enough forums for today…

Winston needs a rework, because literally the only things he does is force squishies out of the meta and make memey clutch play clips for Reddit to fawn over.

So many of the weaker DPS and support characters that don’t constantly pump out insane headshots that deal hundreds of points of damage were forced out of the meta by him during the reign of dive. He’s just not that healthy for the game.

winston has been dominant for like a year, time for him to be on the bench for once

The only problem I have with Winston is his ultimate, as I feel like it’s kind of useless imo. I feel like since it’s purpose is to push people away, it should at least get a buff so that it really pushes people away, since currently it’s fairly easy to recover the distance you were pushed and doesn’t really make a difference unless there is a cliff nearby.

Other than that I’m happy with him, he’s one of my mains after all.

I just cannot agree with you more…
I used to go in and out take the life of something and now is just in and out so damage was caused.

Own up to your mistakes Wabba

You didn’t realize this was a necro

1 Like

I got pranked by a novice necromancer

this guy really sounds like he knows what he is talking about and i completely agree with him, also he is the best ever overwatch player