Winston Buff? Potentionally new abililty

i think maybe something to slow people down in a radius, like syms turrets do, but maybe not as much damage, if any at all.

New ability primal rage
Cool down: 30 seconds
Winston starts punching people away
Doubles Winstons hp and instantly brings him to full
Leap Cool down increased from 2 to 4
Duration reduced by 2 seconds

New ultimate lightning strike
Winstons Tesla gun now hits in a 360° radius and the range is double the size
Last 20 seconds

Sound good? /s

But for real give me a Winston buff I enjoy playing him Brigitte makes me not so much but still playable because of my low tier self

2 Likes

any updates on roadhog?

on winston i agree the meta has made things difficult for him but he has been meta for so long

The power of science! :man_astronaut:

1 Like

Well ok then.

2 Likes

Nah. He is good as he is.

2 Likes

Appreciate the update on Winston , but there have been tons of Reinhardt buff threads and I don’t believe there has been any response to those? Can you let us know if you are or aren’t considering anything for him? The Rein players would just like to know either way.

If I did miss a reply from you on one of those thread than my apologies.

4 Likes

Winston was never in a bad spot. If someone is getting away because they have more mobility than you, then you’re either choosing the wrong target or choosing to jump them at the wrong time.

2 Likes

Good! His kit is so elegant and versatile as it is. Even though he is harder to play in this meta for sure, I agree the necessity to balance lies elsewhere.

How long will we have to wait for Blizzard?

Fix Sombra’s LOS bugs please!

also roadhog’s LOS bugs

1 Like

Any further changes coming to dive characters such as Genji, Lucio, Tracer and the like?

BLESSED

Rein definitely does not need buffs, he needs his bugs fixed and he’ll be fine.

2 Likes

Before Brigitte was introduced Winston needed a bit of a nerf imo. Coming from someone that plays mostly main tank in comp. He’s harder to get value out of than it might seem, and you simply don’t know how to play him yet. Not to offend you or anything but you have 15 minutes on Winston. Barely 2 hours in total if you factor in QP. That’s nowhere near enough time to learn to play him properly. I’m relieved to see that the OW team has no plans on buffing him, because it is sooo unneeded.

Quick tips, learn Winston’s combos, don’t waste shields, don’t waste leaps, create space for your team (you’re not a fat Genji, you’re a mobile Reinhardt). If you need to chase low health enemies what you need is not a long range attack, it’s having your leap available, so don’t waste it.

1 Like

the only buff i can think Winston needs is a little more ammo, that Tesla Cannon while is weak it has low bullet count so you end up recharging in the middle of a firefight.

2 Likes

Didn’t jeff say winston was fine before and then blizzard buffed his shield cooldown like a month later?

yea…

3 Likes

I think he’s fine. If anything, increase the range of his jump landing damage. I always feel like nothing happens when I land on people.

Ok I understand but i havdon’t by played much comp with him since i’ve been practicing with him for a good while in comp. and I know he’s is still good. But as i’m playing him so many hero’s get away from me at the last second with slivers of health. But i do understand where your getting at

Make…his…primary…fire…ingnore…armor…effects…please…

2 Likes