Will there ever be a banwave again? (hacking)

so earlier today i was cheating i mean playing sombra (legally hacking) and had a pretty good game where i made a difference. usually i try really hard and sometimes it isnt enought no matter how annoying i can be with sombra but this game was it.

went to watch the replay on the perspective of some of the enemy players and noticed how the reinhardt tank (at first) switched to hog later after getting killed by sigmas ult.

their gameplay gets a bit fishy with roadhog. seems like he was instalocking at times especially in trying to find me as sombra when i came out of stealth. maybe dude had great aiming and great awarness but it didnt seem natural

replay is 654P2E
time is 4:09 when they switch to roadhog

maybe im just imagining things? i did report since i kinda think he was but maybe i was wrong and yea would feel bad reporting a legit player

1 Like

There is soft aim that will snap to invisible sombras. I had a reaper doing it one game. Didn’t matter where I was, if I entered LoS he’d pop me out of stealth. Never once missed, wasn’t spamming his shots. So I swapped and they lost anyway.

The excuse from their 3 stack? “It’s his ping, he’s lagging really bad and he can see invisible targets!”

1 Like

this is the second time ive noticed a hacker. had a illari hacker some weeks ago that i wouldnt have noticed unless i was targeting her as sombra.

both these instances i could have easily missed that they were hacking. wonder how common it is

this is a video of the illari hacker

https://youtu.be/CebmS2nxL84?si=tXQxIa3bcxQhMZJL

1 Like

I met a guy once who was just hard hacking on widowmaker, like I went sombra and she’d just headshot me while invisible on loop. Eventually I came to a peace agreement with him and I just stood next to him emoting while he killed my team on loop. It was in capture the flag though and they were already high enough level to play ranked so I don’t know what they were trying to accomplish but I sort of respect it

1 Like

sometimes i get told im hacking because im trying to hook someone on their team but i end up nabbing the invisible sombra and one tapping her

girl you just in the wrong place at the wrong time

1 Like

i might start really looking at my replays more. never do usually only if i had a really good game or if i want to record another video for my youboob channel.

i would try and look for hackers all the time but im too lazy

the best way to counter hackers is to play wrecking ball, where no matter how good their aim is they cant headshot me nor shoot me fast enough

face the wrath of my fat ball, aimbotters

1 Like

thats the thing about overwatch. even with rage hacking you can still lose since its a team game

anyone who pays tons of money for soft hacks is wasting money if their record is 50/50 lol

1 Like

it doesnt save them from being booped off the map into the void either cuz they dont have any real game sense or skill

Do they do ban waves in ow? I hear that term used for wow when people have bots running all day. In ow it might take reports or the system recognizing something to get a ban.

i havnt seen a banwave in a long time or heard of one

usually when there is a banwave you have tons of people coming to the forums saying they have been falsely banned for hacking. like tons of different people

only time i think we will see any ban waves is when xim patch

1 Like

Yes. Basically if a hacker is manually caught hacking (e.g. they get reported a bunch and the stats or footage clearly shows they were hacking, I’m not sure if this type of moderation even exists in overwatch) then that person would get banned outside of a ban wave. But if blizzard found out about a specific cheating software and found a way to detect players using it, they would hold off for a few weeks to catch as many accounts as possible before banning them all at once

Bans do not matter with OW2 being free-to-play. Account got banned? Just make another, free of charge! Seriously, there is no long term penalty for cheating in OW2, which is why so many cheaters do not mind getting caught.

yea i dont think there will ever be a solution go hacking/cheating in online fps games. still overwatch is mostly about team play so it softens hacking a bit since rage hackers can still lose strangely

also now that everyone kinda has soft aimhacks with bigger hitboxes… its like everyone is cheating?

wish there was a solution but dont see how it could happen. also overwatch doesnt have an anti-cheat right?

This sounds like the logical answer for sure, i have never actually heard of one in ow but that doesnt mean it didnt happen. In wow it usually gets talked about a lot.

Nope because hackers are the best payers. U have to have good skins for potg while u b hacking.

its possible its someone using a xim device or cheating software that warden can not see

dont think so even when they were reinhardt a strange thing occured. at one point he froze in place then turned like a 360 very super fast locked on something then… wierd

at the 1:00 mark… i think it was trying to lock onto a kiriko behind him

still that sounds sus as hell