Will the Mercy posts ever stop?

I MEAN Jeff did say in may hes fine where mercy is. I’d assume if he has a change of heart he or a dev will let people know. You aren’t annoying Jeff or the devs, you are annoying your fellow community members.

it was Over exaggerated a little, but still being true, maybe you dont saw a lot of mercies doing that, but a lot of us saw that " tactic" a lot of times.

If it wasn’t encouraged by the ultimate, it isn’t a problem. Especially, if the strategy in question had its motive removed long ago and the strategy is incredibly disadvantageous and bad by itself.

2 Likes

remember when the “nerf” was on the PTR and mercy players (and other people who didnt just have blind hatred, making a Mountain out of a hill) were explaining why the rework was overpowered and a bad idea?

yeah, then those people suffered (and other people who just wanted to play other supports) for some lies perpetuated by xQc and Seagull…

2 Likes

You’re missing one thing:
Hide and Rez was used mostly because of the SR exploit.
But It was fixed when the rework came.
Just keep 15 meters and line of sight - It’s enough to discourage the hide and rez strategy.

Also 1.75 cast time for an Ultimate is way too much.
And if her healing stays at 50 with all the nerfs to mass Rez - Mercy will still be in a bad spot as she’ll still bring little to no value.

Invulnerability was added for a reason- Because Mercy will often die after using Mass Rez. Now with all the changes you suggest there’s literally no way she can survive it.
Give her 50% Damage reduction , Restored HP back to full after successfully pulling it off and maybe lower the cast time to 1.25-1 second - And her ultimate will be balanced enough with all the restrictions.

And Her healing needs to go up.
That’s my opinion on the changes.

2 Likes

ok then why is it not ok for mercy to do hide, but reaper can. and junkrat can, pharah can flank, so can mcree and soldier. it’s fine for them to stop doing damage, but as soon as mercy stops healing its over gg, mercy isnt allowed to take cover from terrain, she’s hiding.

“we dont like telling out main healer to go off and stop healing” Nerfs healing

1 Like

And if we address bastion’s problems that player base might increase, instead of having them appeal their ban constantly.

1 Like

I never understood of this “hide and rez” letting your team die statements.

When I played Mercy prework, the reasons I hide are because:

1. I know that my healing cant keep up with the damage output, my teammates will slowly die one by one if I put myself out there and worse, Ill die as the support.
  2. I heard an enemy ult line, Im hiding so I DONT DIE. My ult works only if my teammates die, I aint dumb to be out in the open and let myself get killed.

tl;dr I feel like this “hide and rez” thing has been so overexagerated that when a Mercy is smart enough to take cover from heavy fire, its a bad thing.

2 Likes

Then make a thread addressing Bastions problems…? No one is stopping you.

Huh? I really suggest reading the comment I’m replying to.

I did. I read the whole string of comments. Hauven said bastions not in a good spot, and you said to address them. Nothing about bans was mentioned in the previous posts, either.

Since the tech is there now, it’d make sense for Mercy to have a UI of the hero faces she’d be resurrecting.
A double tank rez might be more impactful than rezzing 3 dps, and it’d be tedious and impractical mid-fight to check exactly who’s being ressed.

1 Like

your comment towards me makes no logical sense why are you telling me to make a bastion post when we’re talking about the player base of bastion being much lower than mercy’s and me suggesting giving bastion priority would help increase that player base.

This is a fine example of strawman tbh.

I made some changes to the OP

However, I do think 15 meters for a mass res is still too big. Lucio aura is 12 meters and that is still pretty huge.

I made it faster. The problem is you dont want it too fast because you still want to be able to interrupt Mercy with a boop or hack, etc

Well… its 50HPS and then 65HPS for 4 seconds every 8 seconds. Add that on top of the fact that she can freely fly every 8 seconds as well which means her own survivability will be increasing with that change.

I would be in favor of this instead of invulnerability. 50% damage reduction during the cast animation of Res PLUS heal back to full after Res is completed. Allies should still get the 3 seconds of invulnerability but maybe Mercy can have 3 seconds of 50% damage reduction after the res instead of the invulnerability?

This would be better instead of the “res symbol X amount of people”, instead showing tiny portraits of the players you are about to Res so you know exactly what you are doing. I agree.

Honestly. I mean… its not hard to tell that the majority of the players are not happy with where Mercy is. The rework was bad from day 1. I never thought it was the right direction and Res as an ability doesn’t really work. Now we have almost come full circle. Sure they might be happy with the support changes but shouldn’t what they think be one of the least important opinions out there? Shouldn’t your players be the #1 priority? If your playerbase isn’t happy, then there is a problem that you need to look at.

2 Likes