Will the Mercy posts ever stop?

What the forums need is a filter function so forum users, devs and pretty much anyone who wants to participate in various, logical discussions to finally censor the name Mercy.

1 Like

I would rather remove flight and/or uninterupted regen from this ability to have 60hps back in general.

With this change you will only see 1 person being resurrected at a time.
You’re basically putting solo rez on an ult and pretend it’s an aoe at this point.

I don’t think this is necessary.

Can you explain where this value comes from ? Did you think about something that justifies making the invuln last longer than it did ?

I like this QoL change.

1 Like

Thing is there’s a significant difference between Mercy and Bastion, though with all respect for Bastion of course as he’s not in a good spot either. The difference is that Mercy has a much larger playerbase.

3 Likes

Oh yeah, you mean when Jeff said the support balance changes (which include Mercy rework) have been Extremely successful® ?

I loved that part, it was the funniest joke I’ve ever heard !

6 Likes

Overall some good ideas thanks for your constructive contribution. Just some things I dont agree with is like the radius is way to small for rez and the movement penaltie is pretty heavy as well for an ult.
Also I dont think Mercy should get any more movement with valk since her dependancy on teammates should be one of her weaknesses.

2 Likes

Just because you don’t agree does not change anything. The dev team and majority of the playerbase wanted and love the changes. Of course people who play the hero who was nerfed are going to take issue with it.

Can you even back up this assertion ?

3 Likes

Until she’s back in S-tier, no, they will not stop. This has been a forum staple for far too long

This was never a tactic. No Mercy main would ever stop healing to hide unless it was an emergency such as TAKING COVER from an enemy ultimate. Mercy cannot defend herself…There is a huge difference between hiding and taking cover. Hiding means you are doing nothing. Taking cover means you are allowing yourself to stay alive while also doing your job as a healer. The DPS mains are usually the ones yelling “GO HIDE WHAT ARE YOU DOING?” and expects us to pull of a 5 man rez, when in reality it’s as rare as a 5 man junkrat tire.
This is a huge misconception used by the devs AND streamers to constantly have nerfs put onto Mercy for no reason.

Personally, I think she should get her 60 back. Remove rez on E, rez only casted during Valk on 4 second cooldowns. Faster cast time to rez. E ability changed to a healing buff for a few seconds with with reasonable cooldown to assist tanks. In exchange, increase her hitbox size to the size of zens so she is more punishable for bad plays (requiring smarter positioning) and isn’t like trying to hit a mosquito during pharmercy.

My two cents, anyway.

This statement is false. When Mercy had Mass Rez prior to her invulnerabability she was considered a troll pick as the other supports were considered moer useful. Mass Rez is not OP people just found it to be when she was unkillable for a few seconds. The hiding Mercy thing was vastly overexaggerated. I have never seen a Mercy run away from the fight and hide ever! At least not in a way that was anything more than tucking away for cover just like any other hero.

3 Likes

Bullsh!t.
That’s just a slightly better [E] ability.

Given how not successful or at least divisive all reworks have been and how little they seem to take from any thread suggestion, it might be time for people to stop asking for reworks and just see what comes next and adapt as needed. Torb is next and he seems to be stronger now, but as soon as it starts bothering a portion of the player base he will go through a series of nerfs and be irrelevant again. Next is Bastion or Reaper and same cycle will repeat itself or even worse, they with come out of the reworks still trash like Symmetra and be ignored for a long time again.

More OT: I’m ok with Mercy as is, as someone who gave up comp a long time ago I couldn’t care less if she is meta. Not only that I’m afraid if Blizzard takes a look at her again it’s going to be another Sym level disaster where we literally got a new hero and it might or might not click with the people who used to play her.

Mercy posts never die!!!

2 Likes

Good. I like the attention. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::innocent:

1 Like

oof that would make her even more useless than before.

Yeah, 1 year later. It’s the hottest topic that exists and its the ONLY change the Staff refuses to make. As well as they make efforts to not address. Despite the public opinions poll. The outside gaming communities and everyone seams to agree at a 74% margin. That people want a revert.

The last time Blizzard got this much backlash was the Druid NERF. Where they removed the Tree form of the Druid. (druids are healers). Did the community EVER come back together AFTER that patch… LOLZ NO

1 Like

Could you please direct me to a post where a mercy player says “I want my hero to be a S-Tier god-queen”?

5 Likes

Sure, use the search function to find a “revert mercy” thread. :kissing_smiling_eyes:

Do it then
20 Characters

3 Likes