Will mercy have mass rez for uprising?

Jeff just said they weren’t.

if rezzing one person is in the game adding an area of effect ot it is not that hard of an issue
And difinitely not an issue compared to rebalancing the A.I to make Valk not a miserable experience while still leaving Tracer in a good spot in the mode.

2 Likes

Ah my bad, I didn’t realize you were an expert in rebalancing the AI (assuming thats even what they did) in a proprietary game engine.

Whatever you say.

Dosen’t matter now jeff said that’s not happening so I just have to wait and hope that I’m correct and I get my silver bullet to shove in in dev’s face proving that this rework is awful and proving it dosen’t live up to the promises made in the original rework developer update.

1 Like

welp, that’s what happens when stubborn Mercies cling onto resurrect. Anyone with common sense could see how balancing resurrect would be at the expense of everything else.

Would have been better to have it removed entirely and given a new ability or ult. But people make the awful excuse that it’s her “identity” and should never be removed because of that.

We’ve successfully preserved her identity, aren’t you still enjoying her? :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

I mean, original mercy wasn’t a problem according to her pickrates, only reallly shining below plat where her only competition for main healer role was Ana a high skill and struggling hero.
So minor tweaks could have been made instead we got open heart surgery that gave us this butchered mess

12 Likes

Buddy I’ve accepted it and I’m still excited for it,
Like I said earlier regardless of what they do with Mercy in the event mode I win

1 Like

You win a participation trophy~ :trophy:

I’m not your buddy, guy~

similar balance decisions have proven it isn’t always about what the statistics show. Mass rez was removed because it was considered unfun despite statistics, just like hack was nerfed because people we’re calling it unfun.

Not that I agree on that being a valid reason for nerfing a perfectly functioning ability, but that’s just how it is unfortunately.

4 Likes

If you’re not my buddy then why are you saying poor me as if to be consoling?
Or was that just a kind gesture from one stranger to another if so I do appreciate it it buddy.

Someone doesn’t get the reference…

1 Like

Well guess what I’m not against removing rez if it makes the hero enjoyable with abilities that don’t actually hurt the flow of the rest of the kit, I’ve dabbled with ideas of using the rez invulnerability on living targets and other damage mitigation instead myself.
Heck working with that idea and making rez an afterthought one time use in Valk I think would be the perfect sollution

Also nerf the duration of Valk, nerf it to 8 seconds and then see where power can be added from there, this is how to fix Mercy.

1 Like

Apparently I’m missing a pop culture reference, care to educate me on it?

Thanks, always nice to see balance adjust to keep up with the game.

Why are you being so rude to people? I keep seeing you on posts and you haven’t respected anyone’s opinions. It’s one thing to disagree, but it’s something entirely different to just be rude to people.

3 Likes

And ideas like this are exactly what people should be dreaming up instead of pointlessly arguing about trying to balance an ability that nobody will ever agree on.

If so much of Mercies kit has to be drained in order to compensate for resurrects power, then it should just be replaced.

South park…

“I’m not your buddy, guy
I’m not you guy, friend
I’m not your friend, buddy
I’m not your buddy, guy”

etc,

2 Likes

Does that mean that launch rework (Valkyrie and Res) is a posibility? That was like the most overpowered version of Mercy but it makes sense to be in this mode. I really wish this is the case.

And yet every single time I try making a post about my proposed changes I get nothing but a bunch of people who make complaints about the rework balanced by a chorus of “she’s fine”

You’ll forgive me for taking in the all or nothing game everyone else has been when providing my idea for a rework gets me nothing but half a day of comments that are in either of those camps followed by a trip straight to the trash bin of Mercy feedback.

Ah yes, good ol south park, yeah didn’t catch that one but thank you