Will mercy have mass rez for uprising?

I know in the legendary mode if she rez’s like she does now she will be a puching bag for those bots

73 Likes

Probably not.

There is no reason to bring it back for an event that doesn’t have any need for it.

10 Likes

There is reason for it though

1. The game mode was balanced with mass rez in mind, in this mode mass rez is more powerful then Valk that is just a fact. Despite this legendary even recieved a nerf midway through the event cus it was still too hard.
  2. There is no way to balance the A.I to be reasonable at shooting an airbourne Mercy without their accuracy becoming too much for Tracer so unless you think it’s fair for an ult that’s biggest selling point is flight to be stuck behind reins shield.
  3. It’d at least be a nice reminder of an actually fun ultimate.
86 Likes

Do you even know how will be the mode or what will Blizzard do for this Event to imply “doesnt have any need of it”

Please, tell me, what map, which Heroes, what kind of fights, Orisa and Bastions again? Or maybe Omnic Zenyattas? Tell me more.

1 Like

Those are really minor details easily fixed on their end…
Except for 3… that is just you being butt hurt.

14 Likes

can you clarify your first comment? The one before the edit.

Easily?
Flying like a candle in the sky, how are they supposed to balance it so Mercy isn’t hiding behind reins shield and can actually go into the sky (and have any reason to do that) without the job for Tracer being too easy or too hard.
From my own limitted knowledge of c ode It sounds like it’d be incredibly difficult to have different accuracy codes for the A.I pertaining to two different heroes

7 Likes

Of course they’re going to bring back kings row uprising for the people that missed it last year and add whatever this year

9 Likes

Is that what they asked? I couldn’t understand the majority of what he was saying, but that is way off what I had guessed.

Not much I can say…
I can say you are wrong, but you will just say how you are right. Then we go in circles like most people who think their favorite hero was wronged…
I’m not in the mood to dance with you.

2 Likes

I think mercy is pretty balanced I joined overwatch when she had insta rez and +1 valk rez but that slow rezzing when 3 team mates are down you’ll just get destroyed by enemy fire with that turtle rez so hopefully legendary mode is rebalanced around that

4 Likes

Sorry, my native language isnt English, so I use to commit some mistakes.

What I tried to say was, how do you know theres no need of the old Mercy ultimate when we dont even know what will Blizzard bring this year?

1 Like

I’m not even talking about potential changes, I’m talking about some simple facts that mass rez in this mode is better for everyone. It means less time coding balance into the A.I between a tracer and an airbourne Mercy, time that could be spent on the new things for this event like the all but confirmed Blackwatch PVE event.

By blizzard not having to rebalance the old mode around Valk vs. Mass Rez saves them time to put into the second mode AND gives the people who are fans of mass rez, hell they don’t need to be against Valkyrie but maybe jsut want a nostalgia trip.
It’s a positive for everyone to just go with mass rez

7 Likes

Actually it is confirmed. The teaser shows a blackwatch symbol in the background.

Because it wasn’t necessary for the game mode and they will never revert a character when they can update the gamemode.

My point proven even more. Why waste time rebalancing the original around a reworked Mercy when that time can be better spent working on the new mode which obviously needs it’s own balancing given there’s no tank and much MUCH different DPS in the roster.

7 Likes

Valkyrie just makes her an easy target in the sky. Yes hide behind something but again she was reworked so as not to hide… but then its ok now.

With her current res she will be basically using the same in game revive just with a 75% slow that the game does not have.

7 Likes

Melke just made a similar thread to make his point with others. Since I’m cramping his style here…

Edit: Oh wow… He has been kind of obsessing over Mercy’s old ult. He has been attempting to convince OW to revert or chang her again for a while. Lots of threads by him, about valkyrie…
Dude… I think you are lying to yourself when you say “it’s good for blizzard”.

4 Likes

Actually the game does have a slow, it’s a stop for 4 second s actually.
So Mercy does what everyone else does just 2.3 seconds faster