WIKI: Workshop Syntax & Script Database

Hey everyone, due to personal reasons that will be having me be AFK for a little while, I will be delayed a couple of days in getting more of the Action Syntax built in. I might have time here and there, but expect more the content to come in on Tuesday! As always if you get the idea of how I am writing out each of the different syntax, you can try to edit the post if you wish. Thanks everyone!

3 Likes

According to one person testing it, there is a limit of 32 entities, which includes effects, icons, and hud texts. This is an extremely limiting number for complex modes, but Iā€™m optimistic that it will be raised.

There is talk that it could be worked around by destroying/creating entities such that they were always there when they needed to be, but not taking up a slot when no player was near. Would be messy though.

2 Likes

Hello there, i am currently creating an shooting range with bots (preferably for widowmaker), however even with movement set to 0 they still move (although very slow), does anyone know how to make them move for not a single inch? Or at least let them stay at the ceiling, wall or other high ground i put them?

I also would realy like to have Bot Widows, Pharrahs and so on, not with any AI, just for simple target practices, i would love to make something like an graple jump exercise where in an self made pattern a Widow would in an loop keep grappling up.

Can anyone help me here? thanks in advance.

@Schuhsuppe ā€¦ This might help youā€¦

Well, you could apply a status on them, like freeze or something.

@kinketsu i thank you for that, however i want to get the heroes to act as natural as possible. There they might not move however they dont walk or durn neither what never happens in real games. And other models for bots are missing too.

So im trying to make one of those rein vs torblets gamemodes with modified abilites for both sides. Currently Iā€™m working on a way for reins fire strike to launch him, but have hit a dead end.

I tried modifying some hog grappling hook stuff, have it working somewhat with rein. Only problems currently is that due to the reliance on the ability being used he still fires the projectile, the limited range(hogs hook range) and the fact that it needs to hit a wall. C5QHZ is the code if anyone wants to try and help

Your value syntax list is missing [MULTIPLY]:

MULTIPLY

The product of two numbers or vectors. A vector multiplied by a number will yield a scaled vector.

Definitions:

• Value - The left-hand operand. May be any value that results in a number or a vector. Can use most Number or Vector based Value Syntax to provide this value.
  • Value - The right-hand operand. May be any value that results in a number or a vector. Can use most Number or Vector based Value Syntax to provide this value.

Thatā€™s just brilliant mate, thanks for the information. It also explains why my testing was inconsistent, since I was spawning messages as I didnā€™t expect the text to be subjected to the same cap. It makes sense once you start seeing everything you can create as an entity and all entities are obviously subjected to the same limit. I also hope said limit will be raised as it is extremely low. Thanks again.

Hey awesome initiative! During the creation of my first game mode, I realized these things:

• Set Damage Dealt works perfectly until you get multiple rounds (i.e. in a Control Map): in the following rounds, players will deal 0% damage until they change Hero (I made a Bug report here: Changing Damage Dealt results in invincibility next round Control maps).
  • Health Percentage ranges from 0 to 1.
  • When not defining a specific ordering index for multiple Create HUD Text actions that are in the same corner (Left, Top, Right), they will randomly order themselves upon respawn.

Would adding certain limitations of actions into the description of said actions be okay?
From testing I found that I can only have 32 effects active with Create Effect and with maximum size of 300. I think it would be useful to have that but am not sure if it should be added here or someplace else.

I notice thereā€™s an

APPEND TO ARRAY

but why isnā€™t there any

POP FROM ARRAY

since remove from array is base on removing an existing variable. It is actually what prevents me from creating a clean function feature with the current script limitations, lol.

Ive been having trouble with the create effect action. I can only view the action in 3rd person or from another angle, not from 1st person. Idk if it is meant to be like this or not but im pretty sure ive seen an effect from 1st person in a video, but i cant replicate it

If you need to ā€˜popā€™ an element from an array as if it were a stack you can use the array slice function, starting from index 0 and with count: count of(array) - 1.

I know, itā€™s just a bunch of additional code. a simple pop syntax will make it a lot shorter and cleaner to read.

Oh, I feel you. There is not even a function to remove an element from an arbitrary index at the moment. Iā€™m not sure if they plan to add anything new before the Workshop moves off the PTR, but Iā€™d hope theyā€™ll at least add the simpler suggestions.

I wanted to create a function to setup shop (orb) around the maps, but i ran into the problem that I am unable to pass through color and shape information of the effects XD

Since the game engine run the script on a polling system, what I intend to do is have a stack of number for function id, and one or two more stack in parallel to act as parameter to pass argument through. I have a function rules to check if top of the function id stack is equal to the id for the function rules, and perform the action. Once the action is done, it would pop that top data from all three stacks of variable.

Unfortunately I recall that i canā€™t pass colour and shape as data and input them into the create effect function. This would have allow me to more easily and create shop around the map with consistent format.

Typo: ā€˜impulseā€™ is repeatedly typoā€™d as ā€˜impluseā€™ throughout this page.

You can use the rooted status to make them unable to move, but can still turn their bodies around. If you want them to be unable to look around, use the freeze status.

All updates of this mode will be posted on this site:
bit.ly/infectionroyale

Iā€™m creating a INFECTION (Free For All Zombie) mode.

The purpose of this mode is to infect as many people as possible with your hero.
When you kill someone, he becomes the same hero as yours.
The round ends when all players have been infected by the same hero, or when time is up.
At the end of each round, the hero with the highest number of players playing with him is blocked from being played until the end of the match.
The game has 29 rounds and wins the player with the most points.

For each infected player, you gain one point. Killing an ally (the same hero as yours) results in a loss of one point. And suicide results in a loss of 1 point. is not possible to have a negative score committing suicide. Iā€™m still working on the score and it can change at any time. Tips and suggestions are welcome.

For any suggestion, my social media is:
battletag: Junker#11164
Discord: Junker#7485
FB: Junkergamer