[WIKI-THREAD] Workshop suggestions 2!

click the pencil button that says edit on the bottom right of the thread, same row as the likes

honestly id like to see “Universal” variables, that carry through instances of the same gamemode even through shutdowns…

3 Likes

Add Host Player to the list of options in the Event level Player restriction Select.

1 Like

Unlock cursor for top-down cameras

3 Likes

So. I think at this point there is a possibility that they will wait until OW2 to put anything new in the game

Changing the reload speed and/or the rate of fire would be pretty awesome to have.

4 Likes

new patch bois

someone could try to edit the things that were already done cuz i dont remember

3 Likes

Please bring all PvE elements/assets into workshop! They are incredibly underrated for playing with beginner players and time-limited as they are now it makes it difficult to introduce wary FPS’ers to the game.

1 Like

I edited some of the main stuff I saw, but feel free to add stuff or change things :crazy_face:

I want to dynamically change the hero of the entity operated by the built-in AI by script
It’s a game changer for PVE that is easier to handle than BOT with built-in routines

1 Like

“Universal” variable

・Custom game rankings, leaderboards
・ Auto balancer that adjusts the game balance according to the result of the game
・ Custom AI to self-learn combat routines

The dream is here… :slight_smile:

we are reachin levels of scripting that shouldnt be possible

we might as well be open source at this point lol

2 Likes

That impossible, you talking about ML (machine learning) and this is only a shooter game, you will need 100x more resource to implement that feature in game.

you could add some intresting stuff with universal variables tho.

atleast a primitive form of a self adjusting gamemode

Of course, I’m not thinking about large-scale ones.
However, I think it’s possible to preset combat routines, predict and determine which routines will be advantageous based on combat records, and share them throughout the community as an AI carrier.
And it has the potential to turn the current boring BOT shot into a great one.
As the mod culture of PC games in the past has shown, if we have the means, the community has the potential to create something great beyond our imagination.
So I said “dream”.

it wouldnt be Too Hard i think.

You would have to setup some variables in each map for each different “path” that can be taken, for example

and have it get triggered when players pass through it, and count 1 and save it to a variable.

then see if they win or not.

then do some maths with all the data and stuff

could work

the problem is that many people arent intrested in investing long-term into custom games so they leave and that would break it.

Actually the updated ‘Log to Inspector’ on Ptr could help with collecting Player Data.
As long as you log the Events and have the Log File active you could track data outside of the Workshop, you can’t get it back into the Workshop (automated) but hey its something.

3 Likes

so you could do a 900IQ move and have something constantly modifying the script in a text file based on that.

Excactly! Some sort of one-way databanking is therefore possible. With that collection of data you could try creating better AI behaviour, not fully autonomous and self learning on its own, but may still better programmmed than the built-in ones.

2 Likes

A third party programm running paralell or hooks up with the Custom Game instance would make it possible, if Blizzard would allow it. There might be some security or runtime performance concerns from Blizzards perspective, the external program might be branded as unsafe.

2 Likes

Blizzard does not need to implement this, since “third party app running with game” also called as cheat, even if “harmless”, too many security flaws can be explored with this… and giving crackers doing ilegal stuff in game just with an workshop feature… because that blizzard (for obviously reasons) will not implement this.

1 Like