[WIKI-THREAD] Workshop suggestions 2!

You cannot use it in “Angle between vectors” and “Angle difference” even if it results a vector…

Thats strange.

Indeed. Tried different combinations…

What about “local vector of(velocity)”?

Let’s take this discussion out of this thread :]

1 Like

I’ve updated about matrix/two dimentional arrays. Its feature already supported in workshop.

Demonstration here:

I think an extremely important thing that we need is a proper overwatch workshop documentation, a place, where all functions, syntax and other mechanics are thoroughly explained. Right now we have nothing of that sort and it is extremely hard to find a function that you need. The only place like that right now is the overwatch workshop wiki post on the forums, however it is outdated and unprofessional. Every major programming language has a documentation. I think overwatch workshop should too.

4 Likes

Also an rework of current workshop GUI. Sometimes we have a extreme big action, that slow down FPS, for people that play in PC version an code scripting engine would be nice.

Or do same like Unreal Engine 4, Blueprints, an Node based scripting system, can do interopability with all platforms.

Or just to have a ‘code’ constructor with an option of FullHD/4k interface outside the game to be connected to our account for just coding our game mods without running Overwatch + checking for errors inside.

2 Likes

This is true actually, some gamemodes ive played ive tried to edit their code to add something, and my overwatch literally crashed

2 Likes

Is impossible, all servers are hosted by blizzard and not players, since cannot edit externallly, for obviously security reasons. :man_facepalming:

Same here :laughing: or sometimes overwatch freezes and got server disconnection

Why this tool should be connected to servers? It can work like Battle.net app, just get minimum required data.

1 Like

I would also want to have “Has Status = Normal” or “Has Status = False” so I know there is no any special status set to a player (by in-game event or by workshop’s code).

2 Likes

I’d love an ability to allow only a closed group of users to edit (and access) a workshop code.

I wish I could tell the game to slow down! You’re going to crash if you load that action too fas- oh. Ugh… It crashed.

1 Like

Just a couple ideas…

1. Resurrection credit ~ So you’re able to use the resurrection feature, but it doesn’t appear in the kill feed nor does anyone get credit… I think it should be like kill credit.
  2. “Away from” option for impulse : There should be an easier way to do this, sadly there is basic form like “up” “backward” “forward” “right” “left” and “Direction towards” that is already used.
  3. Ability _ damage dealt~ I know you can do this in the custom game thing, but I wish I could change it during the game, you know? Like I can changed overall damage dealt but not specific abilities.
  4. Stop using ability/ultimate ~ I wish there was a way to just stop an ultimate. Before you say : “Just apply really quick stun!” Yeah… I know, but that doesn’t work on many hero’s. Mei, mercy, bastion, ashe, etc…
  5. Apply slow motion to ~ I think this would be cool, being able to apply slow motion to only one hero or team instead of it affecting the whole world and timer.
  6. Effect/hub text groups ~ being able to assign these groups, or even a type of variable so we can destroy specific ones would help me SOOO much!
  7. Make solid/make shield~ This would only be apply to certain effects like the bubble… exact what it sounds like. I know you can kind of do this already but it’s extremely difficult and requires a lot of code.
  8. Create ability/substitute ability ~ I would love this so much! Being able to change a hero’s ability to a different hero’s or even a custom ability would be great! Or even adding a whole new ability to the hero and binding it to a key of your choice.
  9. More statuses ~ there are some statuses in the game that don’t actually have a normal way to apply them. Ana’s anti/healing buff for example.
  10. Cue animation ~ being able to start a hero animation would be great… like Mercy’s revive animation for example.
  11. ”Undo when…” let’s say you have a game mode where when roadhog crouches he turns invisible, and when he uncrouches he isn’t invisible… it would be easier to make this if the “undo when” syntax is added. Now this is a basic use just for simplicity but I can imagine it being used for many other things.
  12. An undo/redo button ~ let’s say you delete a rule because it isn’t working out, and you go to a different rule and find out what the problem was… well an undo button would be amazing there!

Just a couple ideas… would love to see these!

1 Like

Again, I don’t see a reason for it. “Away from(X)” is literally “direction towards(X, event player)”.

3 Likes

The thing is you can’t apply it to several players. I’m doing it as a radius instead.

What about a loop? Shouldn’t be to hard.

What I do in that situation is just make the “Away From” player have some sort of variable go true. And whenever that variable is true, have an “Event Player” rule for everyone who is meant to be pushed from the “Away From” Player. But yes “Away From” would actually be kinda nice.