Widowmaker isn't hard. Hanzo and mei are

Just a hot take that many people fail to realize. Projectile heroes are 10x harder to use than hitscans.

Instantaneous damage vs travel time damage.

There’s no way you can sit there with a straight face and tell me that widowmaker is a harder character to use than hanzo. Can you get random headshots by launching arrows into a group of people? Yes. Doesn’t happen often though.

Once we can accept this fact? Maybe we can actually find some balance in the DPS lineup! :smiley:

Not to mention she has a better escape, a better ult (yes I said it, dragons is hot garbage outside of when you have grav), and better pick potential.

16 Likes

If projectile has the same size as a hitscan bullet, then yeah they would be harder, but if they have a hitbox, no they aren’t, also while I absolutely hate widow, I have to say that she’s harder than hanzo.

3 Likes

They need to have hitboxes or else projectile heroes would literally never be played and it would be impossible to hit anything. Even with hitboxes they are 10x harder to aim and hit than literal instantaneous shots.

Comparing trying to hit any medium range to long range target as hanzo, to widow, is ridiculous. Widow has instant hit, hanzo has travel time.

10 Likes

Meh not really, projectiles are more forgiving than hitscan, hitscan is hit the shot or do not. Projectiles is hit the shot and maybe if your lucky you won’t miss and hit the target. Altough the luck factor can be applied to hitscan, it is far less common in a hitscan than on a Projectiles.

Don’t get me wrong they are both skillful play styles (except spam play styles like junk or phara) but I believe personally that hits and is harder and less forgiving

We should stop comparing the difficulty of certain heroes against one another when said heroes dont even have the same strengths and weaknesses.

8 Likes

I mean. You can still say a character is harder to play than the other.

Sure as helll hanzo is way harder than widow by all means, you can actually dodge the damn log.

Yeah, one has only to look at pro-play and listen to pro opinions on the matter to back this up.

Not when they’re so radically different.
Hitscans have little to no survivability or mobility.
Ashe has Coach on a 10s CD, Widow has Grapple on a 12s CD, Soldier has Sprint and Heal but both are slow, and McCree has nothing.
On the other hand
Every Projectile hero has some sort of mobility and survivability.
Junk has Mines and Trap. Mei has Cube, Wall, and Freeze. Pharah has Conc and Fly. Echo has Fly and Ult. Hanzo has Wallclimb and Leap. Genji has Wallclimb, Doublejump, Deflect and Dash.
Etc etc…
Hitscans and Projectiles are played so differently that you cant compare the skill of one another honestly.

And yet grapple and coach gun are 10x better than all of those.

3 Likes

They really arent, it’s just that they’re on OP heroes.
Please give Grapple to another hero and see how “OP” it is :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

What do you think makes them OP?

They’re uncounterable. Wanna know why? They need 2-3 people to dive them at a time. Wanna know why?..

Grapple and Coach gun.

2 Likes

Hanzo? Maybe

Mei? No, she’s way too easy

2 Likes

If only their balance state was so simple lmao.
Ashe got 7 consecutive buffs in a row. Did you know the entire first year Ashe was added into the game, people actually nicknamed her TrAshe? Because she was so underwhelming?
Where was Coach gun then? :woman_shrugging:
Its almost like the 7 consecutive buffs are to blame

Hitting shots consistently with Hanzo? Yeah I’ll agree that’s harder than hitting shots consistently with Widow.

The problem I have is the inconsistency, all the time Hanzo players get ‘lucky shots’ that doesn’t happen on Widow.
I would love to see Hanzo’s whole character reworked to minimise lucky shots and allow for better consistency so that skilled players are actually rewarded for being skilled and not luck. I think decreasing his damage (and ability to OHKO) while drastically increasing his projectile speed (I’m talking 3-4x speed) could very well lead towards this, would love to see something like this tested out on experimental but I honestly doubt they’ll ever do anything about that aspect of Hanzo

2 Likes

Imagine thinking concussion mine is a better mobility option than grappling hook.

Aiming her right click not so much.

Obviously when nothing is good on a hero a good mobility alone won’t help it. But to say that coach gun and grapple don’t play a huge part in why they’re op is just you being delusional.

2 Likes

Concussion mine can kill, and there are 2 of them.

Let’s say I gave Zenyatta 1000hp.
All of a sudden, every aspect of him would become overwhelming because it’s all too much ontop of the huge buff
Would you really argue that it was the other parts of Zen’s kit that made him OP? Or was it simply the 1000hp buff?
This really isnt that far off from what they did to Ashe.

So you’re going to sit here and tell me that coach gun and grapple aren’t a big reason why they are broken?