Widowmaker is unplayable

ergrn gave up the doomfist schtik and switched to widowmaker?

Wait, doomfist is meta right now because of rush, he cant play that card anymore, I got it, very clever.

he will still play the DF card because Egryn only looks at his own rank whilst refusing to admit that he is the problem rather than the hero

3 Likes

It’s ironic that Egrouch’s main beef with Hog is his 1-shot and the 2 mains he’s complained about being countered by tanks are Mr. 1-shot Doom and Ms. 1-shot (the biggest 1-shot of the game) Widowmaker. No hero should be allowed to 1-shot unless it’s the one being mained by Egrouch himself.

To everyone who thinks Egryn was just ignorant instead of purposely trolling:

“Tank power creep”

Tanks have gotten nothing but nerfed the past 8 months. Only now have they been good

1 Like

And by they I assume you mean Rein+Zarya+(arguably)D.Va because even with his buff Hog is still pretty poor in the current meta as he is countered by Hanzo, Mcree and Ana pretty well and some combination of those (usually 2+ of them) are in pretty much every game RN. Ball suffered from nerfs and has similar problems with counters in most games now. Monkey melts to Mcree and Hanzo and Sig got a heavy nerf reducing his survivability.

Let’s face it, tanks have been nerf-crept much more than power-crept for quite a while and changes they have made more recently have only made things worse (both nerfing tanks other than Rein and buffing tank busters).

lmao i found this part really funny, idk why

Egryn calm down mate

IMO, 'm ok with this. When Widow is played not only are so many other heroes unplayable, over all game play quality goes way down.

Being forced to play around corners or behind shields because someone can simply point-in-click on you to kill you is pretty bad for the game.

When Widow isn’t played then so much more of the maps are opened up to all other heroes.

2 Likes

OP’s thread is highly subjective to rank. Widow is playable at higher ranks, but at lower ranks she probably does need the 200 HP back. It’s sad to see monkey dive her & she’s dead before she can even grapple away.

It’s true widow is a flop rn.

And yes, tanks are really powercrept but you’re forgetting a large reason for that is because widowmakers burst damage is so extremely problematic.

The first thing everyone always does is demonise meta heroes. But meta heroes are meta because they counter other problematic heroes. If widowmaker and other hitscans weren’t so stupidly overtuned, then you wouldn’t have to powecreep tanks to the point where they can actually live through all the cross map oneshots

Sad doomfist noises.

Egryn it seems you’ve been rolled.

4 Likes

You can one shot I can not (I don’t play much hog) widow is fine

I wish widow was unplayable , maybe you’re just bad?

2 Likes

You’re joking right…? Like are we supposed to take this seriously or is this bait?

3 Likes

H-hi omni :flushed::flushed::flushed::flushed:

/20c

1 Like

When its a post from Egryn, always assume its bait

nope shes not best maps are gibraltor, havana and some other maps with LONG site-lines.

as long as being good on every map i was never that good maybe in the first 2 years of the game before all her nerfs but im so rusty now since i hardly play her. i only play her on havana and gibraltor if i’m feeling lucky and if i had a hour long arena aim training session on the browser :stuck_out_tongue:

my eyes hurt so much

This is false.

To illustrate, we now have a Reinhardt that moves faster while his barrier raised, does more damage, has more health/armor, and has a passive Steadfast which reduces crowd control effects on him.

Roadhog does more damage and even has a more consistenty spray on Whole Hog.

Orisa is now immune to critical hits while Fortified, has faster projectiles, and moves faster while shooting.

D.va moves faster while shooting, has more armor, does more damage while summoning her mech in Pilot mode.

Winston’s barrier has more health.

Zarya’s beams had several bug fixes post-GOATS that now make it more reliable to the point where the damage had to be tweaked downward. She’s also had positive adjustments to her charge.

Now you can argue about barrier reductions and that’s fine, but as whole, the existing Tanks from the GOATS period all have seen significant improvements. Tanks did not get tweaked down from GOATS period, they got buffed.

Supports on the other hand…

Well actually, a few of them got reverted too…

They’re borderline broken, actually. They contribue way too much value and drive too many of the game’s metagames, overall. One minor tweak ends up putting them over the top to basically become statistical outliers, while the rest of the Tanks remain incredibly powerful, but often ignored because Tank R is hot-stuff at the moment.

It is less to do with that and more to do with relevancy. Because of Tanks being an actual weakness for some heroes and once thriving in random games because of fewer Tanks/Supports in a given team, they’re now struggling for relevancy because of the number of Tanks and Supports doubled in compositions. Static defenses are largely shrugged off by most Tanks and the only way a hero like Torbjorn can maintain relevance is through Molten Core or some similar gimmick attached to them.

This is true.

Reinhardt’s barrier continues to block out most of Widow’s shots.

Orisa’s immunity to critical hits and barrier deployment can also make it hard for Widow.

Roadhog’s Fortifying effects on Take a Breather and his ability to move while doing this (when in the early days he could not), nullify Widow’s shots.

Sigma’s barrier, and Accretion and Kinetic Grasp not only shut Widow down, should she even try, Sigma will grow in health.

Winston, D.va and Wrecking Ball have always been strong contenders against Widowmaker. And still continue to be.

This isn’t to say that Widowmaker is underpowered, rather it simply illustrates that Tanks have been predominant counterplay against Widowmaker, and now that two of them are required in each team, that effectiveness that Widowmaker may have is significantly reduced. Ashe and Hanzo tend to be picked over her, and while Ashe isn’t really a sniper; her sustain and ability cooldowns is more than significant enough to outweigh Widow’s one-shot potential.

It really is the same problem Genji suffers from; a lack of relevancy.

Arguably true; you don’t really need to bring any character for every map (despite the fact that Blizzard kinda/sorta insists on this for some characters), it’s not that Widowmaker needs buffs it’s just that, with the current state of the game, her relevance is moot.

Widowmaker’s burst damage is similar to what Tanks can do already. It’s not any higher, or better and certainly not problematic. If it was, Widowmaker would not be struggling for relevancy against Ashe; who does significantly less damage per shot than she.