Widowmaker and Hanzo mobility nerfs

The slider does not fix any of the problems associated with hook.

You’re ignorant and refuse to watch any of the links I’ve provided in dozens of threads.

Here it is again.

You don’t even play her and you fancy yourself an authority on her grappling hook?

5 Likes

neither widow nor hanzo needed these nerfs. dive is dead that’s why they are strong.

1 Like

But the whole reason she was given that 4 second cooldown buff was because it takes nearly 2+ seconds to cast/activate/start cooldown, and it has always misbehaved to the point where dropping the cooldown was compensation for constant misbehavior.

Cast time is 0.833 seconds, reel time is up to a second. Cooldown doesn’t start until after the reel animation has ended (or been manually terminated by the player).

• At 12 seconds cooldown, it was actually 13.833 second cooldown before the ability actually goes on cooldown.
  • At 8 seconds, it’s a 9.833 second wait before the ability actually goes on cooldown.
  • At 10 seconds, it’s going to be an 11.833 second wait.

At 10 seconds, it’s effectively a 12 second cooldown.

You’re so arrogant and sure of yourself that this was needed, but every single Widow player will tell you otherwise. The hook does not work as intended. The fact that they chose to nerf it without bugfixing it first, after 8 months of public knowledge that it was busted, means that Blizzard is catering to your constant whining instead of objectively evaluating the value of said ability.

While bugridden, the ability is a liability.

• Players have to inconvenience themselves to slingshotting prematurely, every :clap: single :clap: time :clap:, in order to course correct, because the alternative is to have to manually line up your crosshair onto a ledge every cast of the ability.

• Course correction is sometimes up to a 0.5s second of wait time that could have been spent lining up a shot and accumulating damage charge, every single time it’s used.

• It takes even longer than 0.5s if you shoot an oblique angle to the ledge, and it decides to either fling you backwards (it does that), swing instead of instant reel (it does that too).

• Oh, and the autoaim even procs to ledges that can’t be stood on, and sometimes procs on walls it can’t even latch onto wasting an entire ability cast altogether.

• And sometimes it’ll just drop you into a pit to your death.

Manually aiming it also isn’t a solution because it has a very strict tolerance and is a 2+ second waste of time if you miss.

7 Likes

I’m fine with these mobility nerf. I do agree with WM grappling hook still need fixing. I still grapple wrong ledge, which require me to overshoot it to get the right spot.

1 Like

Damn, this discussion is ridiculous, dude learn to aim your hook or stop playing her what you ar saying sounds like: “fix widow’s kiss, is buggy af, my headshots are not registering correctly, i click on a head and don’t hit anything!” is simply ridiculous…

Actually, it’s not ridiculous. There’s an active bug that a developer has acknowledged that causes missed shots.

There’s also all of these…

4 Likes

it was fixed. if it doesn’t hook anything, you get a free retry

Higher skill caps are the things that keep people playing, lowering the ceiling makes her boring and useless at higher levels.
The change is good but the skill ceiling on most characters needs to go higher if blizzard wants ow to last as an esport.

They can’t be reduced when they’re one of the smallest projectiles in the game already.

3 Likes

Hanzo still got away dirt-cheap, that movability of his is so busted. Should be an 8 seconds CD.

6 Likes

Good. Good.
Burn the snipers. Let them sunk.

1 Like

Dont think its fair for widow since from close range she is the worst DPS in the roster. Hanzo can still annihilate you close range but widow? Nah.
She should have that tool every 8 sec.

3 Likes

I mean in real life revolvers have pretty long range

in live it feels bad that snipers have comparable mobility to those that are suppose to counter them

1 Like

I’ve been a Widow main since beta, have played her at a master level, and have hundreds of hours on her. I have some sort of vague idea of how to use her kit.

Thanks for the sage advice, but somebody with practically no time on the hero and apparently no knowledge of her bugs isn’t really qualified to comment on the validity of this discussion.

The fix didn’t really work. You’re supposed to get a refund now, but you often dont.

1 Like

No one cares, no one likes snipers. This is a team game, not target practice. Love the nerf, keep them coming

2 Likes

I believe he most certainly will, especially considering he’ll be an excellent counter to Wrecking Ball, stunning him before he can do any shenanigans.

The problem is that grapple is the equivalent of wall climb. But they are too different in recast.

A Hanzo can just climb up a wall and escape a winston. A widowmaker can just grapple up a ledge. But the recast difference here is 8 seconds and later will be 10 seconds. Just not reasonable.

Blizzard needs a different approach. If you want dive to kill widowmakers, do something like “you can’t grapple if you get damaged”. I’d be fine with that if that also gave me 5 seconds grapples so I could swing around like spiderman until I get hit.

I don’t understand why the Grappling Hook nerf was needed. It’s not like Widowmaker is meta right now because of her mobility. This will do nothing other than make Widow a chore to play. The reason she’s so strong right now is because of Brigitte and her 1-shot-1-kill potential. The latter will never change (I HOPE!!!).

Most dive heroes have far shorter cooldowns on their mobility ability, catching the widow really wasn’t that much of a problem imho. + the next best counter is just standing behind rein’s shield. There’s just no way you can rationalize these changes.

If they want to make McCree meta again, give him some mobility already and nerf Hanzo. Hanzo is the same as McCree but infinitely better. He has so much more burst damage, no fall-off and better mobility too.

For Soldier the fall-off buff should be already enough, or at least bring him very close to meta again.

Right? If Widow ends up being garbage, I’m blaming the community this time. Not Blizzard.

And in my eyes, it’ll actually mean that Blizzard constantly ignoring our feedback is actually justified, because the community is no more competent in balancing ideas than the actual balance team.