Widow is destroying Master, GM, TOP500 and OWL

New Hanzo is terrifying…

Sure I can get to him as Tracer, but if he can’t kill me with spam arrow ability due to it’s insane level of user control and such… Then he’s a bot.

Hanzo is the issue.

After Hanzo is addressed, then we can at least consider Widow realistically. Going after the secondary DPS in the current meta so viciously is crazy. Then again, we did it with Genji. Everyone complaining about Genji when Tracer was tiers above.

Ah these forums… So funny…

3 Likes

widow is destroying? really? not the barrier breaking, tank busting, team wiping, mobile, fastest ult in the game, wallhacking, one shotting, close-medium-long range, pseudo hit scan hanzo? really???

And again: Just reduce the charge up time for widow.

This makes it less likely she’s gonna kill multiple enemy players so fast and at the same time opens up the possibility for a push. And missing shots now will finally punish you.

I honestly get sick of widows that miss a shot but don’t even bother to move because they know the next shot is only a second away and it will kill you.

It’s dumb and unhealthy for the game. The solution is very easy and puts widow in a place more equal to other power levels.

Yes, mechanically widow isn’t an easy heroe, but difficulty is not related to balance.

cAs I said before, give her grappling hook 4 more seconds CD on it, if not that, reduce her fully charged shot to 110 or 100dmg. Or increase her scope charge time.

One can’t be mobile with the ability to one shot. That is not fun design.

There was and is counterplay to a widow comp, it is called dive but you whiners wanted dive to die and not be viable at all, congrats you got what you wanted have fun with baguette.

Widow needs perfect quick scope aim. She deserves to be effective when you master her.

Braguette, Moira, Mercy and pretty much any easy to play yet effective hero are destroying not only top 500 but every single rank.

Just increase the charge time. That’s my only issue with widow tbh. Too often you see them wiping a team in seconds because the full charge shot happens so fast. That plus those widows that body shot you but spam low charge shots anyway because even that connecting will finish you off.

This is just ten tonnes of dumb. Widow is all about positioning. Game sense hasn’t been a thing since Brigitte was added and Hanzo turned into the OP death machine where the only aim is to brawl forever and build up gravdragons.

Didn’t you hear? Dive is the worst thing ever! Now we have double snipers.

No. Just wrong on all counts.

It actually is. Hanzo got significantly easier to play with the same damage (on his main shot) thanks to his new mobility and arrow speed which made him far less balanced.

1 Like

You’re in none of those tiers. It’s not even your fight to make.

1 Like

totally agree with OP. Widowmaker has been sucking the fun out of the game for me since day one but now i rarely ever play because of her rising in the meta along with hanzo. I’ve had enough of getting instant killed all the time…

High-skill hero dominates top-500, has 70% pickrate in OWL, can outplay her counters and extremely favored by meta?
Nerf Tracer now!!

High-skill hero dominates Master, GM and top-500, has 70% pickrate in OWL, can outplay her counters and extremely favored by meta?
Widow is fine let her be!

1 Like

Widow duels are the most fun thing to watch in OWL. People with high skill should get higher reward, it’s basic human logic. Widow can be stopped by a coordinated dive like in Anubis first where you never saw a counter Widow but Winston, D.Va, Genji, Tracer, jumped and instakilled her from three sides. She’s more prominent because dive is being hard-countered and in triple support and armor meta, her shots can actually kill something. In my ELO when people run triple support, teamfights are 2 minutes long.

1 Like

“a high skill ceiling hero that wrecks people that ignore her.”
She hasn’t been touched for months, now you have a problem with her?
I remember after her mine buff, yall were saying she still sucked. Hmmmm. What changed? People didn’t get better at the game did they?

Shame on them, nerf the hero. Cuz…my feels.

1 Like

That has nothing to do with difficulty. I haven’t been able to hit with his arrows before the patch and I still can’t after the changes. He’s not easier now, but puts out way more dmg and can leap in and out of danger. It’s a balance problem, yes, but mechanically he’s still the same.

You can’t just say because a heroe is difficult and therefor is allowed to be so potent when mastered. By that logic you could add a crazy difficult heroe with the potential to wipe the whole enemy team in one strike. Guess what? Someone will always be able to master difficulty and as soon as that happens, that heroe would break the game.

1 Like

Widow needs 0 adjustments.

She suddenly feel apprecive because it is so hard to play flanker in the current meta. Make flanking play less punishing.

2 Likes

I’m sure the same people who didn’t want Tracer nerfed, don’t want Widow nerfed. Or at least I’m one of them. People who want easy counters are ruining the game. They got a Tracer delete button and now they want a Widow delete button.

3 Likes

I’m not saying that, especially not in reference to Hanzo who isn’t particularly hard to play. My point was he’s easy to play, and his weaknesses were all but eliminated with his rework.

Widow on the other hand is very hard to get her maximum impact out of, and her innate weaknesses to dive did make her quite balanced.

Skill has to be allowed to flourish in the game though. Otherwise you may as well just make the game a casual mobile game based on literal rock-paper-scissor mechanics… something that all the Widowhaters might actually like the sound of.

Overwatch at it’s core SHOULD be an FPS. Yeah, it’s like a MOBA hybrid FPS, but the FPS part should be primary and everything else should be secondary to that. Skill should be the primary factor in the game which can be overcome by superior tactics, but if your team can’t aim straight, they should lose.

The support-main outcry of wanting to be unkillable and to remove all their counters (every DPS) is just the forums attracting the lowest common denominator. Why do you think there aren’t that many high rank players posting here? Because it’s the worst place for actual discussion as every thread is low-tier skill garbage nerf requests from people who can’t deal with someone outskilling them.

This is why an easy-mode patch for low ranks is probably a reasonable idea. Smurf players wouldn’t want to play it as Widowmaker would fire nerf bullets. Tracer would be an NPC bot who stands still after every blink. Time would stop for high noon and every player who is a support would get to run away whilst every DPS would line up in a row on the objective…

3 Likes

What is there to agree with? What does the OP know of playing against Widowmaker in Master, GM, Top 500 or the OWL no less?

Their point is irrelevant with it’s title. He’s Platinum.

Widowmaker cannot destroy entire teams if her own team doesn’t allow her to do so (and if she doesn’t have the skill herself, for one). The Widow has to be healed and protected, or she is dead all of the time. She’s team reliant like anyone else.

2 Likes

Agreed…

(20 characters)

1 Like

you are platinum, this is not one of your concerns. People in top 500 and OWL have a private discord with the developers where they give feedback on balance etc. If widow is a problem there devs will be let known by someone who actually faces god-like widows. Not a platinum acc.

3 Likes