Widow is destroying Master, GM, TOP500 and OWL

Widowmaker is ruining master, grand master, top 500 and OWL.

She is the hardest hero to master and is fun watch her destroying entire teams, the problem is overwatch is team-game 6 vs 6 all the core of the game is practicaly team pushes until you can capture or defend the points

Hunting Widowmaker with her counters Winston for exampe is awful because you need flank a entire team exposing yourself to a 1 vs 6 situation. In higher-ranks players punish this kind of behavior very well.

Adjust her because overwatch starts to feel like the old quake3/unreal3 where the railgun users were sucking all the fun of the game

127 Likes

please nerf the last meta-hero in this game that requires skill to play

84 Likes

Don’t nerf Widow, make a better sniper counter.

41 Likes

She’s really not. She’s precisely what a dps hero SHOULD do. High skill giving you high rewards. Someone mechanically outperforming you deserves the kill in a first person shooter.

The only issue right now is that Blizzard deleted all the heroes capable of engaging her.

129 Likes

surprised this wasn’t another brigitte thread tbh

7 Likes

The whole point of a sniper is to be able to get instant, one shot kills from across the map. There is no way to take away her destroying potential while also keeping her a sniper.

The most that’s possible is just make it so she’s easier to counter, but then that falls on other heroes, not Widow in particular.

8 Likes

until widow isn’t considered a troll pick in lower tiers, no, sod off.

11 Likes

Now that you mention it without Brigitte I’m sure that the sniper meta would change. If Winston, Genji, or Tracer were more prominent in the meta.

At the highest level of play you would expect heroes like Widow to rain supreme (except for Ana). But changing/nerfing her would only make it worst for people below these ranks were Widowmaker is discouraged.

4 Likes

I will agree that widow could use a small damage nerf when shooting via her scope. Being able to get 1 kill head shots is a bit OP IMO

6 Likes

Winston is a good Widow counter most of the time, but not allways. It’s so much fun when you try to jump her and she just lands 2 headshots. There Needs to be a hero with high mobility and a small hitbot.

2 Likes

A good widow should be rewarded, but I do see your point. The thing is though, it’s not really widow’s fault that she seems op right now. Nothing changed about Widow recently. The issue is that the current meta doesn’t allow for anyone to counter her without an issue. There are maybe 4 viable counters: Tracer, Genji, Widow, and maybe Hanzo. Of course, all of these heroes need to be skilled. Tracer and Genji have to be good enough to do damage quickly while avoiding damage. Hanzo and Widow need to be good enough to outplay the enemy Widow.

6 Likes

Skill doesn’t matter when the only counter to said hero is a better player on that hero.

I encourage more skill heroes to be playable / rewarded, but Widow is ruining the game for every hero besides Hanzo.

15 Likes

Pretty sure there are quite a few mobile heroes capable of killing her too.

But you are right, the counter to her is being better than her. Which is good! Welcome to first person shooters.

7 Likes

In my rank she was the forever troll pick, so I don’t agree with you. It’s nice to see the meta roster change.

1 Like

Even better:
Stop making healers who outheal sustained dps!!!

10 Likes

I feel like this thread should be about Hanzo tbh.

6 Likes

Dont worry down here in diamond shes also good now :slight_smile: You dont even have to aim now or worry about dive

1 Like

Wt… LOL :rofl:

3 Likes

The counter to her is being better at her at the same hero.

This game is about switching to heroes to counter another hero. When the only counter to a hero is the same hero, then the balance is out of whack.

It was like it for Genji, Ana, Soldier, Mercy, Dva, Hog and probably others i’ve forgotten there have been so many metas. They all got nerfed or given more counterplay.

13 Likes

Except, as I said, it’s not only her.

A Genji that is outperforming Widow will counter her, much like how a Widow outperforming a Widow will counter her.

3 Likes