Why would “YOU” pick Mercy?

Some aren’t aware, but it doesn’t just boost their DPS, it speeds up how fast they get their ult, all while giving Mercy her ult, to then boost multiple targets to power them up as well. Boost is awesome.

As an example, I (Mercy) can give a Zarya or Mei a good 2-3 more ults in a round depending on the fights than they could get on their own…and Mercy’s getting ult charge at the same time. Mercy doesn’t get credit for the increase in DPS created (say…Reaper uses his DB), or the opportunities created, but she played an important part regardless.

And that all kind of answers one reason why I play Mercy. I have great fun with her. She’s my fave.

• somewhat unfortunately she’s my best hero,
  • I like zipping around (praise super jump),
  • battle mercy feels fun when it works out (widows, pharahs, etc. beware if you annoy me too much),
  • if the map has a lot of verticality you bet I’m going mercy,
  • if I need to dodge certain flankers I’d be better off on mercy than most other supports,
  • honestly other supports don’t interest me as much in terms of kit design wise. like yeah baptiste has a nice rapid-ish fire hitscan weapon and lamp, but nothing that great in self sustain (one of the things I really like in a main), ana and zen makes me feel like flanker fodder, brigitte’s too passive for me, lucio kinda doesn’t heal enough, yes I do main moira and I use her depending on the comp I have.
  • my aim obvs isn’t the best

Waifu

This is the core of why it sucks to play Mercy. Other healers can bail out bad play or mistakes to an extent.

Mercy just gets to watch people die or miss their damage boosted shots.

You lack agency.

2 Likes

In team-based games, I just like helping others. Rather it an MMO as a healer or other FPS as an Medic. It’s not the most glamorous job but someone has got to do it.

Whenever I play Mercy, I feel like I’m being the most helpful by damage boosting, rezing, and keep my teammates alive. The feeling I get during overtime when my teammates and out numbered, down a healer and I pull out Valkyrie and we somehow change the tide is awesome. Other support characters (outside maybe Moira) gives me a rush when playing them in the clutch.

Now when, despite my efforts of me pocketing Teammates and they still struggle get kills and stay alive? That when this helpful Mercy, becomes a vengeful Moira.

1 Like

You just nerco’d this post :unamused:

Don’t “bump” posts.

The act of posting simply to bump a thread is considered spamming. This also includes bumping very old threads for no reason (called “necro bumping” or “necroing”). Users who are found to be bumping posts will be subject to forum account suspension and post removal.

source:

1 Like

because I can’t aim and like zooming around the battlefield

2 Likes

because of the super jump, its broken against flankers, and she requires no aim.

When in Diamond+ I find her the easiest support to play.

I would NOT play her in lower ranks.

• Best pick for solo heal

• Generally enables all casts thanks to her consistent heals

• Ana provides strong heals but sacrifices mobility to keep up.

• If your team has Pharah/Echo, they may indirectly peel you by giving you aerial mobility from flankers. Despite I can just do superjump.

• I played a lot of Medic in TF2. Her gameplay kinda resembles his.

1 Like

I’m a worthless one trick.

I really don’t know how to explain it honestly, ever since i started playing her she was just so freaking fun to play. Like you get to fly around and rez your team.

And it just feels so good playing her as well, like i get joy and happiness from doing so.

I also feel like i have gotten this like connection with her, like i just love her so much. I don’t know what it is about her but i just felt like i instantly clicked with her.

1 Like

flying fun :))
also pharahs flying mechanics are boring

To avoid all pesky flankers, instead of having to fight them over and over.

1 Like

she takes little to no skill to use and it’s nice being able to pocket the smurf and earn free sr

I pick mercy because I find myself with skills that complement her, prioritization, staying out of danger, knowing when someone needs me, fighting when I need to, and a peaceful nature.

I didn’t like mercy at first but 500 hours plus and she is my main and a big reason why I still play overwatch.

I feel joy by helping others. I get much love mail or endorsements so it also gives a feeling of reward.

I also like GA very much. It’s a fast freedom feeling.

Ultimately I play mercy because she makes me happy and because I’m good at her.

her mobility is VERY good i dont think its the “best” tho. i think that goes to either genji, lucio or hammond. i just like that you can fly if you have a teammate that flies or you can fly to a teammate on a different level. and of course you can fly for a limited time with her ult.

i feel like an angel when i play her basically

also she is the iconic role hero for healing, kinda like rein is the iconic role hero for tanking. i dont think dps has an iconic hero, any that i cant think of…

youve used an example that seems like it assumes ashe and widow are the same hero.
widow does not need damage boost, and neither does ashe technically.
ashes 1 shot is only to secure kills faster, if an ashe is skilled enough to click heads she doesnt really need dmg boost anyway.
waste of resources.

i would use mercy to heal strictly my dps, she does not have the output to heal tanks.

Because I like her, so like, I’ll play her. If someone doesn’t like it, they can play around me

I pick Mercy for GA mechanics and consistent beam

I do not pick mercy to pocket