Why would I want to play this game?

Same thing for me…

another troll with 0 posts!

why do you guys keep falling for this?

What exactly makes me a troll? If you read like, the first three lines you would not be so ignorant LOL

3 Likes

return it and never look back.

I mean just because someone with zero posts is complaining doesn’t make them a troll. Do you even know what a troll is? If anyone is a troll you are.

1 Like

you can still use individual skill to achieve what you want. You may prefer the competitive game mode more than quick play so i guess you should try that out and see how it goes for you

however it is a team game. you can still shine on your own and ppl would call that carrying if you can single handedly wipe the other team with or without their help. it can happen. but i rarely see that in my skill rating which is mid/high masters.

1 Like

I’ll check that out later, thanks

Well the game is essentially a “defeat-simulator” 90% of the time, I just finished my placements 20 minutes ago and out of the 10 games I played I won 1. It wasn’t fair and it wasn’t fun. It is essentially the dark souls of multiplayer games. You have to be willing to lose many many matches in order to win 1.

1 Like

No sorry, I don’t have almost 1600 posts of experience around here so my troll-detector hasn’t calibrated yet

pretty sure that he could have worded the thread title and opening statement in a less inflammatory way

There are people who play it because its not generic shooter.

Well if they have to take people like you into account @ChrisPChickn it suddenly becomes hard to be critical about anything. You yell troll as soon as something is slightly negative…

1 Like

Some people have clickbaity titles that really don’t reflect the rest of the post. Sometimes they don’t have anything to do with the title. It’s always important to read the post and consider the words being used before replying. Trust me you don’t need 1000+ posts to get it right, as there are TONS of people who have been posting for longer than me and still don’t know how to read.

1 Like

The fact that it is one of the greatest team shooter games ever made is hidden by the fact that we NEED to know every hero’s sexual orientation before the broken aspects of the game are fixed.

well to me it just came across as “why would I play THIS when there’s so many other games I could play?” even though yeah the rest of the post doesn’t give that tone

1 Like

If you get the majority of your enjoyment strictly from being top of a leaderboard, then this game is likely never gonna give you enough “pat myself on the back cuz I’m the greatest” moments to keep you coming back to it. Its team based mechanics mean it’s almost impossible to quantify which individual was the best since so many abilities and ultimates have such a wide range of effects at any given moment.

This is definitely not a game for grandstanding, tho many still do try to, and the fact that not enough people have come to that realization yet is one of the major reasons the competetitive scene is such a cesspool of toxic egos.

In other words, if you get off on being top of the charts with obvious statistics that you are awesome ready and available to bandy about, you won’t get that here because 11 other people will be constantly arguing that they were more awesome and the game does not provide enough information for any one to actually be proven correct.

2 Likes

for me the answer is quite simple.

I just don’t own any better fps games. Hopefully, i’ll find another good one so i could quit this game for good.

No worries.

If you do get serious about it. I’d suggest learning Lucio, Mercy, Soldier, and Reinhardt. As they are currently some of the more basic character types.

One big performance booster is disabling a feature in Windows called “High Precision Event Timer”. Because unless you are a professional scientist, you don’t care if your machine is accurate to one billion’th of a second. Otherwise it’s slowing your PC down for nothing.

I’d also suggest these settings:

Thanks alot! I’ve just chatted with the Blizz. support and although they were extremely nice it seems I won’t be getting a refund. Luckily I don’t struggle with performance in this game at all and I’ve set all my graphics to low when I first launched it anyways.
I’ll give Lucio a try though, Reinhardt really didn’t float my boat, I’m trying to play aim heavy heroes as were I lack any gamesens and coordination I at least have solid aim from playing other shooters.
Thanks for the answers man! :slight_smile:

Well, for quickplay, I like playing Orisa instead of Rein myself. Since it’s very sniper heavy. But she’s a bit tricky to pick up. So you’d probably want to read some actual tutorials for her.

You mean TF2 right?

c