Why was sombras ultimate line changed? (Alexis!) (Michael Chu responded)

originally, her ultimate line was, “volvamos a la medianoche” in development but was changed to, “apagando las luces”

why? the first one was so much better

1 Like

Thought it had to do with her recent skin

im pretty sure it was the first one when she was being developed

1 Like

I assume it was “Volvamos a la medianoche” since it makes more sense than “Por vamos”.

I do remember her saying that, somewhere. Does she not say it anymore? I just never paid attention to it not being there.

im pretty sure it was, ill fix it

Sure about that?

That’s her line for the BlizCon skin.

It’s a voice line. But volvamos a la medianoche basically just means “back into the night”, which makes less sense than “turning off the lights” for her ult.

2 Likes

I know, my first language is spanish. Let’s go back to midnight, actually. If it’s literal.

They’re both similar, though. In the end, both result in things getting darker.

(Obviously turn off the lights is better, though. I just think the other option doesn’t make 0 sense)

3 Likes

No, her new Blizzcon skin is “La Osculidad te espera!” (I think I spelt it right.) which translates to “The darkness consumes you!”

1 Like

Her BlizzCon skin is “la oscuridad te espera”, which is a Demon Hunter line in Spanish meaning, “darkness awaits you.”

7 Likes

Oh right, I got it confused.

So where is that other line from then? It sounds familiar.

It’s just a voice line from the hero gallery

It’s not from Overwatch, I know that.

A Diablo reference perhaps? Since that’s what it’s based on.

I always found it weird that it is midnight, so I usually just say night. Probably shouldn’t, but “— to the midnight” just doesn’t sound right. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

The volvamos line is a standard voice line that can be equipped. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Maybe sounds weird in english, but it’s what it is.

¯\ (ツ)

1 Like

It is. It’s the Demon Hunter voice line, “Darkness awaits you!” When you get a large enough chain kill.

2 Likes

Right!

I’m not insane yet.

1 Like

I don’t know spanish but in my understanding it’s an expression, meaning keep going until midnight.

Like all night long.

At least that’s what a spanish speaking forumer posted like ages aago

1 Like

“Por vamos” doe snot have any meaning. Impossible for her to say that.

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA MAAAAAAAN HAHAHHAA :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

wait wait

• laughs in spanish* JAJAJAJAJAJ