Why was d.va nerfed?!

Zarya is one of 2 tanks that comes out stronger.
She deals a lot more damage against armor, while having none of it in her own health pool.

DeadEye (like the entire Mcree kit) is only good at low ranks.

When you climb up you see Mcree relies only on his aim, position and teamwork.

DM is an ā€œanti-funā€ ability making your bullets and even ults just vanish into thin air. The fact that its hitbox is freaking huge, makes it even more annoying. Latency issues only enhance this by making the effective duration even longer.

And yet, sheā€™s still run because of how good DM is in sustaining and buying time. AS well as eating ults.

Pro play pickrate. Thatā€™s basically it.

OWL destroys gameplay for normal people

dva was nowhere near op on any rank.

4 Likes

I mean dva already has a huge hitbox and just wait 2 secs until her DM ends.

2 Likes

Guess we better get the nerf stick for Rein, Zarya and Ana since their pickrates are drastically higher then?

3 Likes

Completely agree with u.

Just making sure the idiots refusing to use their brain in game and stating false facts get their candies. While people not asking for anything(literally, D.Va mains sure donā€™t want any changes whatsoever, they gone through enough of these) can go f themselves and leave.

2 Likes

Shhhhhhhhā€¦ Dont give the devs new ideas.

1 Like

Zarya also has great synergy with Reinhardt whoā€™s best equipped of the armoured tanks to deal with the changes.

So thereā€™s nothing here to change the Reinhardt-Zarya axis on the ladder.

So all this to nerf GOATS for OWL, yet how does it help when the two main GOATS tanks are least effected; but all the rest who offer competition for spaces are hurt more. Thereā€™s talk now of just replacing D.Va with Roadhog (who was also buffed in every practical sense) and just going back to Season 3 World of Tanks meta.

1 Like

What are pros saying? Not that i really care but Iā€™m still away from comp

Sheā€™s run because the only other off-tank is Roadhogā€¦ Pros go as far as putting Mei in her place. MEI.
And why do we nerf the third wheel of the bike ? Reinā€™s shield blocks over 3 times more damage and Zarya also blocks more damage.
This is nothing more than a kneejerk nerf to a balanced hero, on top of the armor nerf.
Meanwhile, Zarya gets a double buff in less DM and less armor, as if she needed itā€¦

Part Of The Community: Dva is no problem on live servers, so she doesnā€™t need a nerf.

The Other Part Of The Community: Pro pickrates say Dva is being picked a lot, soooo NERF HER!

OWL PROS(ESPECIALLY PRO DPS): Dva is OP bc i canā€™t get in front of her and DeLeTe her.

4 Likes

Well, Hammond is more competition for her spot than Roadhog, but they nerfed Hammond as well soā€¦

I meant in reaction to the nerfs lmao. I believe in balancing around GM, and sheā€™s very balanced there.

Whoops i misunderstood ur question. The pRoS are probably happy right now.

Masters-GM is fine place to balance. Iā€™m merely Gold, and think itā€™s fine to balance at that end.

Balancing for the ridiculously unreasonable standards of OWL though seems absurd in the extreme, not least because youā€™re basically balancing for viewers rather than the number of players who actually dwarf that viewership by orders of magnitude. Why give the overwhelming majority - people who play the game and are likely in turn to be interested in viewing it - a crappy game to play? How is that going to hook them into watching it?

1 Like

And yet, the moment Dva comes out, GOATS is almost at its strongest as well. Mentioned earlier, Zarya bubbles saves those crucial moment and Rein is a lot longer lasting. Thatā€™s true.

But DVa is the glue that allows Rein and Zarya to get those precious moments to recuperate. Only she can do it because of DM, and that she can also burst down 200 hp heroes quite well adds her importance to the lineup.