Why the #Reworkmercy is very important

alright Overwatch Community I am here to speak about on some important reasons to why the #Reworkmercy are currently activate by the Mercy Community

When the game first launch which was Mercy 1.0-1.5

let’s go ahead and break down why Mass Rez was a big issue in the beginning and why lots of players did not want or like the idea in the first pace

same says it was to op (Over Powered) and for a game like overwatch or any other FPS game for that matter its kind of true due to the map design and how each map was developed over time and stuff

Major improvement for Mercy the Guardian Angel

but I have some idea that I think might or could work out by testing them on the PTR Servers

• Mass Resurrection with a simple tweak
  1. you can only rez 3 teammates per cooldown since you have 6 per team

2. reduce the rez cooldown from 30 secs to 15 or 20 (this can easily be done on certain game types (not all game types such as team death or CTF

3. line of sight Rez on E (this can be done kind of like Mei’s Blizzard storm or Ashe’s when she launch bob out on to the battlefield

with Mercy this can simply be done by allowing her to have more awareness when she’s engaged by healing her teams or defending herself during battle

increase damage reduction with Mercy’s pistol only on tanks that have more than 200 HP including with armor

increase HPS to 80 or 85 Heals Per Second on a single Target

when in Valkyrie (when healing multiple Targets in her FOP (Field of view)

reduce back down to 75%

nope I don’t wanna hear oh that’s way to much healing or that’s an unfair advantage to

Ana, Brig or Moria or Luico

Stop and think about it for a moment will you

just think of how it would go

of I have more details I will continue to update this board

as long as it didn’t get removed

22 Likes

As soon as I read you wanted mass rez back I didn’t bother reading it. It was a bad mechanic and it should never come back. Being able to undo a team wipe by pressing Q is the reason why they got rid of mass rez and sym’s tele

95 Likes

Right
Mass-Rez will never be a thing again. Get over it god damn it.

59 Likes

Define the term “Mercy Community”!

12 Likes

Can you people stop clicking on Mercy threads if you aren’t going to read and/or discuss them?

Thanks.

34 Likes

Define the Term "Mercy Community

ok let’s see a group of players that main Mercy

you should know what a community is

3 Likes

I’m a Mercy main and I’m not requesting a rework :frowning:

Its a little unfair to lump us all together. We’re a very diverse bunch.

40 Likes

I have read your thread multiple of times, half of it I didn’t understand at all what so ever. Here’s what my opinion is upon “Rework Mercy”

If you are that kind of Mercy player who plays her as if she is Moira, your comment is only 20% relevant. If you have at least some concept on mastering her as a character, then you are the one that isn’t crying about her rework.

Mercy is a High mobility, High sustain, Medium healing, Damage boost, ability to return any of your team mates back to life within 30 second intervals and her ultimate boosts up all of the above and gives the pistal unlimited ammo.

Killing a good Mercy who is flying around, healing the whole team and constantly on the move is a nightmare. I have seen Mercy players get Gold healing in 2-3 healer comps 80% of the time. Saying she is under-powered is narrow minded and as long as you have team mates in different spots (like multi DPS comps appearing) she will always be on the move and hard as hell to kill.

Not everyone wants the rework. Most of these “Raiders” are those who can’t adapt to the new conditions and cling to her past skill set. Sit in a corner and wait for POTG.

18 Likes

“and why Mercy Community is requesting it” - is a very easy thing to answer.

Because they do not understand balance is Blizzard’s first and foremost goal, with fun coming second.

Balance is mostly objective and can lead to unfun times if there isn’t balance.

Fun is subjective and some group of people will find a balanced character fun (hence why her pick rate isn’t Sym/Sombra/ETC levels).

20 Likes

I personally don’t have the feeling that there are that many “Mercy Community Members” complaining. I always see the same persons whining about her state and most of them seem to know “a youtuber” coughariarosecough (coincidentally ofc).
Imo the problem isn’t the state of mercy or the devteam (or whoever), but just parts of the “Mercy Community” not wanting to adapt to her changes. With a hard-to-balance ability like rez in her kit it’s normal that she will get a lot of changes. Just admit that she isn’t the Number 1 main healer anymore.

10 Likes

So a 3 man res on a 20-15 second cooldown.

That would be SUPER BROKEN.

27 Likes

Is that a triple rez on a 15 second cooldown?

how is that not op

19 Likes

Mercy mains dont want a balanced hero. You just want be OP again. You guys believe the only way to have fun with mercy is with ress.

Mass ress was NEVER a thing in high elos. That only worked in low elos with 0 awarness of what mercy was doing.

Healing to 80/85 hps??? so she could be an Ana with 100% of aim in 100% of the cases??? Are we in the same game??? How could you think anyone could take this seriuosly???

14 Likes

Mass rez isn’t coming back, any “mini” form of Mass rez will never come back or be added to the game, period, Mercy is fine.

7 Likes

And not everyone (Nor even most of them) who wants a Rework is a “Raider”, is unable to adapt, clings to a past skill set, or sits in a corner waiting for a POTG. :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

8 Likes

Most characters can do a team wipe by pressing Q. One character being able to do the inverse of that with their Q isn’t that powerful in the big picture.

12 Likes

What people don’t understand is that Mercy needs another hero to be impactful, she doesn’t have any impact by herself and THAT is the problem.

7 Likes

Technically they are discussing. The post is talking about returning mass rez and they are saying that in their opinion its not a god idea and it probably wont return.

8 Likes

Mercy is still impactful w/o ashe.

1 Like

That’s your opinion, and I respect it. But I REALLY don’t like resurrect. It’s an unbalanced and cheap ability, I’d rather have it removed

5 Likes