Why the #Reworkmercy is very important

Why? This isn’t important right now, just look at Sombra, Doomfist or Symmetra.

They all need much more help than Mercy does, she’s doing fine and is maybe slightly underwhelming but luckily not broken anymore.

another post labeled as reworkmercy yet the intent is revertmercy

same box of rocks, shiny new packaging

10 Likes

Imo, “rez bad” isn’t really discussing anything.

This.

This ain’t it chief

8 Likes

Horrible changes to be honest. The current Meta consist of heavy healing and because things doesnt die thanks to armor and tons of aoe healing.

Now you one more people getting resurrect and more power healing?

Gotta be trolling at this point and no Aria discord group who raids the forum aren’t the Mercy community .

6 Likes

Welcome to OW.

Every hero needs another one in order to be impactful.

Zarya for example fully depends on the main tank and DPS needs supports to play well.

7 Likes

as an aside, a toxic metuber mentioned a few times in this thread has deleted their twitter account for the third time in less than a month.

2 Likes

My main issue with the #ReworkMercy tag is that it’s often meant to be misleading because it usually isn’t actually a new rework. It’s reverting back to her state pre-rework and just tweaking things from there.
Even the ideas of going back to Mass Res, nerfing the hell out of it, then adding an E to balance it out still involves that initial step of reverting back to Mass Res, there’s just more to it so people try to pass it off as a rework and ask others to just conveniently ignore that first part.

It’s like when you see an ad for a nearby store about a sale

Buy now and save up to $100
Only with the purchase of $300 or more
Act now and save BIG

That little caveat in the middle makes a big difference in what you’re really asking for. The whole point of staging it like that is to draw attention away from the details you want and present it in a way that tries to put the focus on what others want to hear.

Having said all that…

Both of these are pretty interesting ideas, and if the devs actually did test new things on PTR, it’d be cool to try them out (though in hindsight the tank one probably the best idea in the meta where tanks just won’t freakin die).

2 Likes

Please stop saying “Mercy Community” like all Mercy players are asking for this.
Some of you are.
Some go too far though, way too far.

At least make an effort to make a distinction so you are not trying to speak for everyone.

9 Likes

Question, would this be her E ability with her ultimate still being Valkyrie?

If so, while I’m a huge advocate of reworks involving Mass Rez, I think it would be pretty strong on a cool-down. My suggestion would be to have it have a standard 30 second cool-down, but once in Valk mode, the ability is shortened to a cool-down of 5 seconds. That way, during her 15 duration Valk mode, she is able to still pull off 3 rezzes, but at a checks & balances cost of using up her ultimate duration.

Of course, I like the LOS addition as well.

Interesting, so does this mean that Mercy would be less effective against tanks specifically? If so, I actually would be alright with this change, since Mercy’s job isn’t to be a tank buster, but still be able to finish them off if they are at low health. It would be kind of a nice homage to her pistols actual purpose as either a last resort tool or to be used to finish off low health heroes in a pinch. :blush:

Yup. I can be down with that. This would also encourage her to switch targets, but not completely get rid of the chains for those that love it. A very elegant solution there in my opinion. :slight_smile:

Overall I like this kit. I wouldn’t mind testing it out on the PTR. The only things I would probably look into is how Mass Rez would actually function (as an E move during Valk vs Outside of it). Other than that though, nicely done! :blush:

Let’s make it happen, #ReworkMercy :blue_heart:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

1 Like

You might be a “raider” considering your post the other day contained the EXACT same opening paragraph as many of the others. :hugs:

6 Likes

To be fair he/she (no idea?) has been on the forum awhile.
You can guess the intent/content of his/her posts by his/her name lol, not raiding tho ;p as its always in a polite manner with what some would consider justified points.

Also doesn’t get in a huff when someone disagrees :ok_hand: like many others do (on both sides)

Oh no… I’m a “raider” now because of two similar opening paragraphs. How ever will I live this one down…?

/s

Throw it in the pile with the rest I guess. :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

2 Likes

A post made by this account or another with the same name was indeed made as part of the “raid”

7 Likes

Mass Rez was fun for the Mercy, not for the other 28 heroes. The game isn’t centered around Mercy. I have always had the idea there should never EVER be an all rounder hero. No one hero should work in every comp. Mass Rez Mercy and D.Va are all rounders and aren’t healthy for the game. Valkyrie Mercy is fine right now because it gives her a niche that she fills. Is she perfect? God no, no hero is perfect balance wise(except roadhog but that’s for another thread). All heroes should have a weakness. Mass Rez is literally uncounterable and such a toxic ability

2 Likes

Don’t compare to a reversed DPS! Compare to the supports.

1 Like

what an amazing post. Literally summed up what I wanted to say.

so… there’s a hero that was an absolute troll pick due to how much she was dependent on her ult to be worth picking.
A Hero that was a troll pick even with the invulnerability buff.
To the point that mercy mains were actually asking for a rework, that when delivered, many cheered, because they finally had more toys to play with.
But she was broken.
So broken in fact, it took a year to put her into balance.
Now she’s fine, she’s balanced, has her place, strenghts and weaknesses.
Many like her new form, even if she’s not as strong as she used to be.

But then there’s a minority of people that are ahem very vocal.

Now, imagine being the dev.
This hero was a hassle since day 1. Took them a year or so before reworking, trying to tweak SR exploits and her being a troll pic.
Then reworked her. And took them another year to fix her.
That’s two years. Two years of wasting development time on a hero.

Now that she’s playable, many are fine with her current state, at most they want some slight buffs, do you honestly think they will do anything radical to her ever again?
I mean, last time they even mentioned her a raid happened.
If i were the devs i wouldn’t touch mercy with a ten foot pole at this point.

You are fine to have your own opinion (even if the devs have stated so many times mass rez isn’t coming back), but what you don’t have is the entitlement to DEMAND that they try everything you propose. Or that they explain to you all all of your questions.

You are not special like you pretend to be.

2 Likes

Factually, your assumptions on the time an account was made, does not automatically mean that it was made for said purpose. :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

1 Like

Mercy can’t be played at all times anymore, which is fine. To be balanced means that you need synergy. No wonder some Mercy players aren’t ‘‘having fun’’ when you keep playing her every game, not caring about is Mercy a viable pick in that situation, and netting losses after losses because of your choise.

With about 160hours on Mercy, I like where she currently is and reverts/reworks are not needed at all. If you’re not having fun while playing a balanced character, that’s on you not the dev team. And they already addressed Mercy anyway so no matter how many more topics and arguments you want to make, you likely won’t get what you want.

Good Mercy players can still make insane plays. Good Mercy players can still potentially carry. Good Mercy players know when, where and how to play her. And they have fun doing it.

4 Likes