Why the motorcycle?

It was absolutely not implied at all that it would be possible in any way shape or form. Please show me where or when that actually happened that wasn’t self-imposed.

The point of what im saying is, when youre showing off new content, people will take in everything they see because it is unknown to them.

Putting in a new aspect of a character with no prior knowledge of its existence is bound to have people asking questions. In the case of this event it caused people to anticipate some kind of chase, even if that wasnt the intention.

When you have the main slogan of your event telling you to “Chase the Truth”, then see Max being chauffeured across the city, and THEN see Tracer tailing them on a motorcycle of course youre going to start wondering if all of that will be included in the gameplay.

Thats all.

I liked the event. I think it was fine, but you need to analyze where some decisions pre release may have led to some of the backlash on the event.

2 Likes

People didn’t overhype themselves. The event didn’t reach the bar that was set by the previous events.
That is not overhping. That is failing to deliver.

I think to make people somewhat happy, next year, Tracer will get a motocycle highlight for archives.

1 Like

How exactly else is Tracer really supposed to be able to keep up with cars? She isn’t that fast, even blinking. Did you actually want to just see her running after them and never catch up? No one is complaining about Winston not turning over the payload in-game or Genji cutting tires to make it slower. Mercy threads are being made over the blinding but only because it’s Mercy.

If anyone actually thought that, they probably should never watch another video game related trailer again.

I dont even think its that. The even itself was fine and the map very nice. I think it was them just setting themselves up

It’s bait to get people to play the gamemode in the hopes they’ll be able to use it lol

I guess you and I have been on different forums since before Baptiste came out, but okay.

Except it did. The only difference was new enemies for ret. We knew this event was against Talon, why new enemies? And knew this was leading up to doomfist being arrested given all of the lore we currently have, why would we need a comic?

You can feel that way if you want, plenty of us don’t.

So youre telling me that everyone who “should never watch another video game related trailer” are wrong for thinking that something that seemed implied pre release shouldve known from the start that it would never have been a thing?

Cmon. Be realistic. Even those who enjoyed the new story couldnt have known that it was only going to be cutscenes.

You still haven’t told me where it was implied anywhere except for it’s existence in the trailer, which isn’t a good enough for anyone to expect it to actually be in the game. Doomfist has also been seen punching through skyscrapers but he can’t do that either.

I am, there is already precedent for that.

I did.

This looks like blind defense. Ive been defending this even too because i saw nothing wrong with that, but im not letting everything off the hook because i know there were obvious blunders. Otherwise it wouldnt have become such a hot topic like it did.

So again, be realistic. Exaggerated accounts just to downplay what actually happened doesnt help.

This exact same scenario happened when they hyped Hammond by showing teasers of Junker Queen. No one couldve seen “Hammond leaving the moon and landing at Junkertown” coming.

There are ways to show off new content without immediately making it look bad on release, so i stand by the statement that the Storm Rising event took steps in the wrong direction that painted it under a different light than it was.

And I stand with what I said. There was no reason to expect any motor vehicles at all to actually be a part of the in-game content.

what i enjoy the most is that i get to see it everytime i have to go to the main menu. every. time …

out of 30 heroes, i get to see ONE on the main menu screen. i remember in the old days that events had more than ONE hero on the main menu and would switch almost everytime you had to go back, so you can see some of the other skins and/or poses… ah, the good ol’ days …

everytime i think the company cant really be this lazy …something like this happens …and proves me wrong. they are …

I was just wondering about that. I was also really hoping there’d be a massive hurricane like in the Hard Rain campaign of Left 4 Dead 2…

I’m just now picturing Tracer using the Cavalier weapon from Devil May Cry V. (it’s a bisected motorcycle infused with demonic power. Don’t ask how it works as a weapon, it just sorta does.)

In cinematics we have seen Tracer having to wait for her chronal accelerator to recharge/cooldown when overused, which is why she needs ways of transportation that doesn’t require her to stop every few minutes.

1 Like

thats the true question.
why not make a highlight intro (super obvious) or at least victory pose?

but since we cant answer this question, the thread is kinda useless anyways.

1 Like