Why tf isnt there a scoreboard

:man_facepalming:

Bro you’re posting from the NBA rules, we’re talking about the NFL

You would sure like to think so.

1 Like

Who said I was trying to change your opinion? I honestly don’t believe that’s even possible with you.

Just because evidence doesn’t support your agenda doesn’t mean it’s bad.

1 Like

WTF are they doing over there when they’re off the field? Looking at stats and analytical data and making adjustments.

You are in serious denial here.

well let’s say you argue points that aren’t made

I’d prefer that it either support it or refute it. Adding nothing is just spinning your wheels

“They don’t look at numbers for this, they look at the plays to see what actually happened. Because that’s what you have to do to know what to change… you have to actually see what’s happening. Numbers do not tell you what happened and can sometimes be misleading.”

They use both because the numbers quantify the impact of what is being seen on the field. You can’t be this dense dude. Why do you think the call it a game of inches? Because the numbers matter. Stop being daft.

I am not the one who is in denial my friend. You chose the wrong argument and the wrong person to use it with. Far from having never played sports as you asserted many times, I am a huge football fan, have played sports my whole life and continue to on a weekly basis.

Players don’t look at stats mid-game. It’s just not a thing, dude. You’d be much, much better off using a more comparable argument, such as csgo or some other popular fps game. No idea why you chose the route of pro sports to make this point.

1 Like

the usefulness of a scoreboard should not be considered when deciding to implement one or not. What the Overwatch players want is all that matters.

Make scoreboard contribution voluntary. That way everyone can be happy.

I personally don’t really care if there is one or not, I just think it’s unnecessary and will lead to even more toxicity than the medals.

1 Like

I just provided you evidence showing what tools players use do just that in game. You’re being willfully ignorant. And no, you’ve never played a team sport in your entire life or you wouldn’t be saying these things.

I chose pro sports because that is literally the original, organized competitive game. It’s something most people are familiar with, clearly you’re not.

I didn’t chose CSGO because that game is raw k/d. There aren’t different positions in the traditional sense. Overwatch is more comparable to a sport given that everyone has a specific position(Tank, Healer, DPS.) Not that hard to draw the comparison.

the only thing that should be reportable are real life threats in Overwatch. I wish we could “cut it up” a little more while playing Overwatch :frowning:

“I proved it already and you’ve never played sports.”

You didn’t prove anything, and you’re plain wrong. This is just embarrassing at this point.

Huh? This doesn’t even make sense. Amateur sports necessarily precede pro sports.

Correct, exactly why showing stats mid-game doesn’t make sense for OW.

1 Like

I absolutely did. Higher up I provided you a link to an official Microsoft/NFL website describing how their devices are used on the sideline.

" Huh? This doesn’t even make sense. Amateur sports necessarily precede pro sports."

How much further can you dig?

“Correct, exactly why showing stats mid-game doesn’t make sense for OW.”

That’s what you gathered from that statement? Dude, if you achieve any further density you’ll start sinking into the ground.

1 Like

Oh the NFL? Ok.

//https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/2019-nfl-rulebook/#order-of-the-rules

Nothing in there states either a player or coach cant have access to live stats mid-game.

1 Like

Too bad you didn’t even bother reading it.

The Sideline Viewing System app lets coaches zoom in, make annotations, review plays and tag ‘favorites’ for later review. As with the old system — but in a more immediate, flexible and efficient way — teams use the information to adjust play-calling and instruct their players as the game unfolds.

Teams still can use the printouts if they prefer. But with the app, coaches can more easily look at plays from earlier in the game. And they get access to the photo at least 30 seconds faster, which can prove invaluable for making adjustments on the fly.

This is exactly what I mentioned earlier - they get a special tablet, provided by the league, with a special app that lets them look at still images like they used to on paper.

Again to insults. It doesn’t make you look more right. Quite the opposite. It’s a crutch for a weak argument.

I never said they couldn’t have access to live stats. I said they aren’t allowed to have outside communication.

“I never said they couldn’t have access to live stats. I said they aren’t allowed to have outside communication.”

Moving the goal posts. We went from checking live in game stats to coaches can’t have access to outside comms which we already knew was the truth.

" This is exactly what I mentioned earlier - they get a special tablet, provided by the league, with a special app that lets them look at still images like they used to on paper.

“This is exactly what I mentioned earlier - they get a special tablet, provided by the league, with a special app that lets them look at still images like they used to on paper.”

They use the tablet to record in game stats accompanied by photographic evidence. They can choose to use paper(pen and paper) is they want as well.

I’ve read all of your responses and you’ve been debunked several times in several different ways. You are moving the goal posts.

1 Like

I didn’t use that as an argument. I corrected someone on what I had said earlier. It was simply a statement of fact, they aren’t allowed outside communication. I never said coaches can’t know the stats… my argument is players don’t check up on stats mid-game so they can bicker with teammates about who is performing better.

Simply false. Please read the article YOU linked:

The tablets are identically configured; teams cannot access the Internet or install any app or feature that might give them a competitive edge. The league locks the tablets away until just before kickoff and collects them as soon as the game ends.

They just get a couple apps, the main one being the app that provides still images from previous plays.

You OBVIOUSLY don’t know what you’re talking about dude. I already knew this stuff, because I follow the NFL very closely.

You’re wearing your ignorance like a badge and it’s sad.

“my argument is players don’t check up on stats mid-game so they can bicker with teammates about who is performing better.”

I will leave you with this. In the many, many years I’ve played sports (starting back in the 80’s) I’ve never met a truly competitive player that wasn’t obsessed with their own stats. So yes, players do check their stats in game. It happens all the time.

How many tackles do I have?
How many strike outs?
How many interceptions?
What is my speed clocked from home to first(Slower than normal, Am I hurt?)
How many Foul balls?
How many carries?
How many passes?

Stats mean everything in competitions. Before, during and after each event. It’s the only way to logically track progress.

Wanting to see robust stats is not about slamming other members of the team. It’s about quantifying how the team as a whole can improve. Does that turn into disagreements? Of course. Humans are an inherently conflicted species. A statistical driven disagreement isn’t “Haha you suck!” its “You need to make an adjustment or change your approach to the game because whats happening now, live, isn’t working.”

That’s constructive conflict in the best interest of the team as a whole. If you can’t see that then you are not a team player and you are the problem. The only way to resolve conflict with countering point of view is through statistic comparisons. This isn’t a difficult concept to grasp.

1 Like

You CAN check your own stats in OW dude. You have apparently forgotten what argument you’re trying to make, which is about checking your teammates stats during the game.

You don’t need stats for that dude. You don’t win games with stats, you win games by completing the objective. Looking at stats just gives you an excuse to blame others. It doesn’t tell you if the tanks, supports, and/or dps are actually doing an effective job.

This is an outright absurd statement. A dps Moira will not resolve conflict by saying, “look, I have the highest damage!!” The problem is probably that Moira isn’t doing her job and therefore the rest of the team can’t do theirs. This is exactly why stats can make things worse, not better.

Is a loss going to feel any better if you can lash out at “the problem?”