Why tf isnt there a scoreboard

good point, if the enemy is shooting at the icewall, it’s a good wall :lightbulb: You can basically mark it up as “damaged blocked” just like a shield

ok on to Tracer. Tracer will delay people coming back from spawn and or participating in team fights. Sym will shorten ally spawn time with infinite teleporter. How do we score that?

and how many seconds of hasten walkback time is worth 100 points of DPS. When you delve into these things it gets really sloppy really fast.

Im going to leave this for you here. Players keep track of their stats mid-game. And you can be sure as hell teammates keep track of each others stats mid-game.

//https://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/golden-state-warriors-stephen-curry-mom-turnovers-pay-deal-012015

1 Like

Ummm that article doesn’t say anything about Curry keeping track of his stats during the game. It literally says his mom does it for him.

The discussion is about whether or not it is standard to have a scoreboard to display live stats for the players during a game. It is not. Yes, players keep track of their own stats, obviously. And you can do that in OW. I’m sure they notice how their teammates are playing. What they don’t do is hit tab to bring up team stats so they can say, “man I have the most receiving yards and I’m a running back, let me play WR and you swap over to RB”

1 Like

I’m sure he’s thinking about paying his mom during the game.

lol

Steph Curry -
“Dam i got 3 turnovers thats 300 bucks”

Mom cheers from the sidelines

1 Like

Minor leagues keep track of individual player stats.

Even in high school

//https://www.maxpreps.com/leaders/basketball-winter-18-19/,scoring/stat-leaders.htm

your logic is circular

I don’t think you have my best interests in mind.

See my above edit.

We’re not talking about keeping track of stats, OW does that, you can pull your stats at any time. We’re talking about players being shown live stats, which is not standard by any stretch.

1 Like

LOL. And what is it that they use during half time to make adjustments? Film?

“Uh, yes, by watching. There are very specific rules in the NFL about what the coaches on the sideline can see and use. They aren’t allowed to watch replays or have access to advanced metrics. They just have to watch.”

Watch and do what? Watch and RECORD stats(with allowed tools such as pen and paper). What do you think all of teams staff is doing on the sideline with clipboards and tablets?

“Again you must resort to insults. It’s hilarious because you are obviously totally ignorant about how the NFL works, but you’re sitting here trying to tell me all about how wrong I am.”

Again, they are allowed to compile any in game data they want with approved tools in game. How else would they make in game adjustments? What do you think offensive and defensive coordinators do when they are up in the booth? Calling plays and making adjustments. What do they use to do that? Stats. This isn’t a hard concept to grasp.

I don’t want stats to rage at my teammates. I want to stats to compare my gameplay to other’s in the OW community so I can improve myself. I cannot improve myself if I don’t know where I’m going wrong.

1 Like

:man_facepalming:

They discuss what happened on failed plays and what they can change so it doesn’t happen again. If the opposing offense exploited a weakness in the middle with their TEs, they will emphasize covering the TEs in the 2nd half.

They don’t look at numbers for this, they look at the plays to see what actually happened. Because that’s what you have to do to know what to change… you have to actually see what’s happening. Numbers do not tell you what happened and can sometimes be misleading.

You’ve moved the goalposts pretty far here, and you’re still incorrect. We’re talking about players looking at live stats and you’re down to “NFL coaches use stats at halftime to make adjustments”

1 Like

No, it isn’t. It would appear that, like the word “gusto”, you don’t know what circular logic is. I’m guessing that you’re trying to sound intelligent, you’re hoping that making accusations will shut down people who disagree with you, or both.

1 Like

//https://official.nba.com/comments-on-the-rules/

There is no rule(s) which states players or coaches cant have access to live stats during a game.

I read all the evidence you present and it amounts to nothing. You’re not a fan of progressing the conversation.

1 Like

Coaches cannot have access to any sort of internet or outside communication. They can record stats, sure. But players aren’t going to the sideline after every play to check out the stats.

1 Like

I quote from the official rule book

" Section IV—The Coach and Others

1. The coach’s position may be on or off the bench from the substitution box line (closest to the coach’s bench) to the baseline. A coach is not permitted to cross the midcourt line and violators will be assessed an unsportsmanlike technical foul immediately. All assistants and trainers must remain on the bench. Coaches and trainers are not permitted to go to the scorer’s table, for any reason, except during a dead ball.
  2. A player-coach, if permitted under NBA regulations, will have no special privileges. He is to conduct himself in the same manner as any other player.
  3. Any club personnel not seated on the bench must conduct themselves in a manner that would reflect favorably on the dignity of the game and the officials. Violations by any of the personnel indicated shall require a written report to the League Office for subsequent action.
  4. The bench shall be occupied only by a league-approved head coach, a maximum of three assistant coaches, players and trainer. During an altercation, the head and assistant coaches are permitted on the court as ‘peacemakers.
  5. If a player, coach or assistant coach is suspended from a game or games, he shall not at any time before, during or after such game or games appear in any part of the arena or stands where his team is playing. A player, coach or assistant coach who is ejected may only remain in the dressing room of his team during the remainder of the game, or leave the building. A violation of this rule shall call for an automatic fine of $2000.+

Doesnt say anything about access to the internet or outside communication.

2 Likes

"See my above edit.

We’re not talking about keeping track of stats, OW does that, you can pull your stats at any time. We’re talking about players being shown live stats, which is not standard by any stretch."

https:// operations. nfl. com/ the-game/ technology/ sideline-of-the-future/

“teams use the information to adjust play-calling and instruct their players as the game unfolds.”

So please stop. Everything you are saying is easily googled and refuted.

Ah, I see. If evidence doesn’t advance your narrative, then the evidence amounts to nothing.

1 Like

Blizzard. Wants to be your momma.

I believe thats checkmate my friend.

Unless you have a rule you can show im done with this convo.

Peace.

1 Like

no, your evidence doesn’t change my opinion, although I’d prefer that instead of you giving me bad evidence.