Why Sombra needs buffs

The most recent ptr armour changes will make sombra almost unplayable the last time armour was that strong sombra got emp 12 percent faster it casted faster and the hack lasted a whole second longer. Im not asking for anything crazy I just want this hero to be some what playable.

Lemme know what you guys think thanks for reading and putting up with my poor grammar.

5 Likes

They should just do a straight damage boost. 1-2 more damage per bullet. She’s just absolutely pathetic as it is.

14 Likes

Yeah even with good aim I genuinely struggle to confirm kills like she used to be able to do

1 Like

They’re going to compensate that by cutting her ammo in half.

6 Likes

Honestly it would probably still be an improvement.

Anyway, the armor buff is more like a revert to before the goats nerfs. Sombra’s damage is just going to go back to what it was back then. Going from bad to bad isn’t really that much of a change.

Yeah, my expectations at this point is pretty low. Just play her for fun, if the team complains, i tell them to ask the dev’s to buff her instead.

Sombra’s a lot of fun. Sure, i lose more games than i win, but i’m having an epic time while i’m at it. Winning is optional on this hero, just have to accept that like i did, she’s gonna stay like this for a while. Make the most of it.

3 Likes

What? shes fine dude, shes just not meta , jsut wait till the ptr goes live and double shield dies. shes not underpowered or useless, shes jsut not viable now

1 Like

You kids keep talking about META in the wrong context, meta doesn’t determine a heroes viability at all.

Meta is just the current most popular selection of heroes with the highest probability of winning due to efficiencies in their kit synergy.

Sombra needs a dmg buff or spread reduction. It would also be nice if they made HACKED players more obvious to her team.

The most important key to Sombra is communication.

5 Likes

Why should she be viable in the ptr patch where 90% of the changes are indirect nerfs to her?

More sustainablility that can’t be hacked and less that can be. Tbh there is almost no situation in any meta to pick current Sombra over most of the dps cast. Your always better of picking someone that just does dmg, is not super dependen on her team or is just easier.

3 Likes

Again same was for doomfist, he was never viable casue there were heroes that did his job way better and not get punished liek him, and still he became meta, doomfist meta wow, still werid hearing that, shes at dooms spot rn, where he was never viable, shes gonna get a meta eventually or maybe just viable, but she doesnt need any buffs or nerfs, shes broken but no need for thse

She never has been viable. This is not meta related. At her “best” she was an OWL exclusive hero which had a niche against goats, which cant be played anymore.

Armor buffs is a Sombra nerf. She wasnt even used against Goats pre armor nerf. Shields being weak on the PTR means shield brake becomes better, means just shooting it is more viable than relying on hack which doesnt even get rid deployables like Orisas or Winstons barrier.

She has nothing going for her anymore. She was garbage in a meta where Doomfist was in every game. Let that sink in.

2 Likes

No, not more damage per bullet, but faster rate of fire and more ammo in her clip. That would better reward people with aiming skills.

Also, make able to throw her translocator faster (projectile speed) and farther by maybe 10%

More damage would be better at countering the armor buff…

I hate how every single time a character gets a minuscule change it’s “GAME BREAKING” “THEY’RE UNPLAYABLE” “SO TRASH” “THROW PICK” “BUFF IMMINENTLY”.
Sombra is fine. Stop complaining to make your main OP

We see how it turns out because dont forget if you play her properly her up time is so much higher also sheilds are nerfed to a ground getting value of a hack on orisa is so much more easier you already delete sigma and rine sheild with hack you also build emp a faster due to no barriers she might not need a buff and if you think a damage buff sombra does 480 damage clip at a 15meter range it just takes her longer to kill things than other dps. And thats ok because when used correctly her kit is one of the strongest in the game

faster ROF and more bullets does equal more damage.

Yeah, but because of the way armor is calculated more damage per bullet is better against armor.

I think people are overestimating the impact of the armor changes. Not a lot of heroes even have armor (primarily tanks) and generally if you’re spending that much time as sombra trying to burn down armor based heroes you’re probably doing it wrong.

The shift in meta away from barriers will also probably make her more useful again, especially if more rein is played.

2 Likes

That is correct. That is why you aim for the head. Increased ROF and ammo will thus reward skill.

/thread

Seriously, she is effective when a team capitalizes on her and they communicate.

She needs less downtime as that cuts into her effectiveness because she has to set up ahead of time.