Why not just give mercy overheal?

i’m not really a mercy player. although i do play support. i just though it would be a cool idea which means she’ll have time to heal other team mates whilst one has been over healed…
Over heal HP would decay obviously x)

1 Like

This would be so OP with Tracer, Genji and Pharah.

16 Likes

we totally need another healer that makes other heroes more tanky

brigitte is super successful why not

11 Likes

Genji no longer needs healing lol

personally i think the game needs to have all it’s numbers increased.

More damage
More HP
More healing
etc etc

So you want the game to be a MOAB?

1 Like

Was watching a TF2 Medic video before and thought about giving this to Mercy. Even a 25 or 50 hp overheal would be nice.

Dude she’s already super good and still close to a must pick in certain ranks. She absolutely doesn’t need overheal mechanics.

4 Likes

Wouldn’t that pretty much make Lucio’s ult obsolete?
Of course the TF2 Medic player in me would like it :wink:

1 Like

No we don’t, we need that taken away from brig.

1 Like

Overheal would act similar to a health regen buff I guess? it’s not a terrible idea

I’d like it if Mercy shot out a healing wave as soon as she valks in exchange for her healing being single target no matter what, numbers would be high for the wave, like 250 instant hp restore

Or just lowering damage so the effective HP becomes more and heroes die harder.
If you pump up all numbers nothing will change, the game just becomes a Chinese MMO where a level 1 character hits for 8000 dmg.

So she heals for 50/s right? Overheal could be 10/s shield, max +25, decaying after 1s at a rate of 10/s.
Sombra could delete it, would decay pretty fast, and Mercy would have to stop healing wounded targets for way more to “pocket overheal” someone. At a very slow rate.

it would be a bit odd adding shields for mercy I think? it’s not very in line with her theme however a health regen buff seems to be right up on her ally, nothing to crazy, say after healing 50 hp the target gets a 25 hp/s health regen that lasts for 2 seconds

That way she can focus on healing someone else for a bit, same effect

It’s certainly not a bad idea. I just don’t want Lucio mains to feel like their hero is being outshined by Mercy having it. Since, you know. Overheals is pretty much his ultimate.

Instead… Why not revert her and give her mass res again with tweaks? That would be just lovely :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

1 Like

There was a reason why in tf2 medic can overheal targets, because for most classes it was a “movement” resource. Fall damage, rocket jump - all drains some hp, but gains mobility. We don’t have it in this game as much as in tf2. Another reason - you will not gain ult charge from healing overheal targets, but enemy will get it it from damage, other supports simple will be in disadvantage.

There was some video about why - torb + sym + bagutte(hp stacking) will bad setup.

5 Likes

If it is a new E skill on cooldown not bad. But we would have to change Brigitte skill since those will look too same

well currently brigitte can do everything… lol

Really better to make normal damage reduction; currently, i heard, is capped to 50%. It makes some tanks to not feed enemy with ults…

Yeah not bad if it wasnt Mercy actually. Because that skill will make her good in dive comps too. Like buffing a Tracer. Brigitte is slower so the synergy is less unless you are fighting on point.