Why not just give mercy overheal?

She is the easiest character in the game who can do well without a mechanic that can screw her up except getting killed… if you want to give her more utility or burst healing options she would need to sacrifice consistency

I spent last night watching old videos of Muselk and holy crap mass res was cancerous to play against. Started Ow a year ago when Mercy 2.0 was introduced but I definitely do not want her to hide-and mass rez.
My personal opinion is that res should get 60s base cooldown, lowered by one second for every 100 HP heal so, if the Mercy keeps mouse1 pressed on someone wounded counstatly the rez would be up . That would discourage battlemercy and pocket boost as well, and if the Mercy heals a lot, she can lower it to around 35s, even more with ult mass healing.

If you’ve never played with Mercy in 1.0, how would you know that playing against mass res was actually “cancerous?” Because Muselk or other people told you so?

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

Nah, they actually liked it and abused the hide-and-seek Mercy a lot. I just imagined how frustrated I’d be if I were in the enemy team.

But… You are just imagining it… As in, you never actually played against it yourself to know if it was truly frustrating, correct?

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

I think it’s fine if the overhealing is something like 5hp/s max of 50hp and decays for 5/s after 3s.

It was annoying; don’t try to diminish someone’s perception of it. In fact, the people who never played with it don’t have any attachment to it and have an interesting perspective.

Anyways, giving mercy an overheal or HoT diminishes beam-juggling and the value of her consistent healing. Idk why you want mercy to be even easier since that’s like 50% of y’alls complaints

I’m sorry, are you trying to address me? If so, I was pretty certain that I was asking for HavocS answer based on their own experience of the ability, not yours. :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

When you post on a public forum, you open yourself up to replies from everyone who’s part of the forum.

How would it be not annoying to do a team wipe and have that nullified without zero counterplay? If mass res would have the same 1.75s cast time then sure, go for it. Instant mass rez, no.

edit: or you know, if corpses stayed for 3 seconds instead of 10, that could work.
I’m a Mercy main btw.

it was sarcasm 20 char

Would be an okay-ish buff for Valkyrie. Wouldn’t do it as a base ability though.

Rather than overheal on her yellow beam… if Mercy were to have a way to reduce incoming damage before it damages health bars, I think she should have damage reduction on her blue beam. That would actually make it worth using in more situations, and allow a skilled Mercy to juggle both beams on multiple targets instead of just the yellow beam all in the name of trying to keep her team alive most efficiently.

How about this, we nerf Mercy into the ground, so I never hear “switch to mercy” when I pop off as Moira

Oh, I was pretty sure that I was asking for their personal experience of the ultimate. No?

Are you HavocS? Do you know them well enough to tell me their personal experience and frustrations with this game? Otherwise, they’re mature enough to speak for themselves I’m sure. Thanks for your projecting your opinion over theirs though! Though I would advise that you try to not do that, that’s a bit rude to the person of whom the question is directed towards. :wink:

You didn’t answer my question.

My question was: Did you actually play against it yourself to know if it was truly frustrating? Yes or No? :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

They said it was annoying, Michelle. I’m reiterating what they said because it looks like you’re trying to diminish their perception of mass rez. Your rudeness astounds me sometimes, actually. :slight_smile:

Oh you must be referring to someone else. My name isn’t Michelle. :slight_smile:

If you are actually replying to me though, I must say once again, you have taken upon yourself to answer for them. And once again, I would kindly suggest that you not do that. I’m sure they are mature enough to answer for themselves, they don’t need someone projecting their opinion over them and speaking for them. Especially since such an opinion is subjective.

Since I am asking if they have personally had experience with the ult, you speaking for them is irrelevant - as you are not them. But thank you nonetheless for your input! I’ll be sure to let you know when I’ll require your own personal views on Mass res. As of now, your opinion in this discussion between me and HavocS isn’t required. Thank you! :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

As someone who is very much in favor of increasing the time-to-kill in this game to make it more tactical and skillful, I approve of the idea of overheal. To give an intelligent reply to whether it should be limited to Mercy and how it could be implemented, I’d have to think a lot more about it than I have, but anything that increases the TTK is okay in my book.

Honestly, what I’d almost rather see is a mechanic to protect a teammate from one-shots, maybe only while they’re actively being healed and are already at 100% that the lowest they can drop in a single shot is 1 HP.

I actually did, on a free weekend in May, but didn’t really think that counts.

Healing dragonblading Genji :cold_sweat: