Why no bug reports?

No worries! I’m just avoiding the whole superjump uproar as a “i only main mercy in comp” person. But yes, you’re right about people bringing it up before.

1 Like

SO many people claming that Mercy has a bug.

xQc is the only one. And before we get to fix this “bug” (which Blizzard actually made into a feature, shame on you for omitting that) - let’s fix Winston’s shield dancing, the bug that made him and dive incredibly durable and almost impossible to fight. I’m sure xQc didn’t tell you about this one since it makes his main much stronger than intended.

Lots of people on the forum as well.

But only Project actually raised a bug report (good on you project)

Which shows how serious it is, if it was a bug.

Honestly doubt it’s gonna get removed though.
https://twitchstats.net/clip/ThirstyTamePeppermintFunRun

Told you.

1 Like

FYI…

Simply put most threads in the Bug Report forum will not receive a response from the Blizzard QA team or the Overwatch Development Team unless they need more information (which happens rarely).

We need information in this case.

If it IS an exploit, then it is reportable (in theory).

This is not an exploit to the nature of using a bug to gain an absolute advantage over an opponent or absolutely disrupt a game, any one player skilled enough to do this can execute it.

An example of an exploit is finding ways to penetrate the map or objects to prevent the opponents from stopping you from winning. One common example was when there was certain payloads that Tracer literally could recall into if she timed it right, trapping her into the polygon structure of the payload but leaving her 100% immune from dying. The same can be said of Symmetra and Torb finding ways to plant turrets inside walls leaving them invincible.

Mercy’s Super Jump is available to all players to use and provides no clear advantage that absolutely prevents an opponent from being able to beat that user. Even if it is considered “unintended behavior” and is eventually patched out, you should not report players who learned how to use it.

3 Likes

We have whole threads calling it an exploit, which is why I commented on it.

I got the best support ticket response from a game master when I asked there :slight_smile:

As usual your answers are extremely sensible.

I wish you could share it, but know its probably best you dont

The problem with that is even GM responses are subjective if it isnt about ban appeals. I’ve had a GM tell me that not talking in chat is fine and another turn right around and tell you it is gameplay sabotage and you’ll get banned for it, AND that is is justified.

They don’t have official yes or no answers either.

The message was quite lovely, and the people on the support desk are pretty wonderful.

The parts to do with the question I gave was [redacted to protect people’s IDs and general chatting]

we do not have much information regarding to whether this is working as intended or not

I’m afraid this is not a question that can answered by customer support here > <

Which I though was actually a pretty good answer.

They said to raise a bug report on the forums :slight_smile:

Talking about raising a bug report on the forums…

Hi Pezlex.

I’m glad it was only one person who gave you grief (I would have preferred 0 people)

1 Like

I expected more, but 1 was more than enough. Oh well, the comm is so predictable.

1 Like

True, but, you have done you bit to try to get an official response, and I thank you for it!!

Ultimately, this will keep getting debated until an official statement is made

Jeff, if youre listening, you can save us all quite a bit of heartache (and typing) with just a paragraph or two

Eh, I see it as harmless fun.

No one is going to get banned, and an official statement isn’t going to make it more or less likely to be changed.

The threads are pretty funny, and it is actually interesting debating at what point a bug turns into a feature.

Any official announcement doesn’t actually change the game in any material way at all.

It would be nice for an official answer, but it would be funny as all hell if the official answer is ‘your guess is as good as mine’

1 Like

If that was the official response then people would start reporting it lol

2 Likes

Glad you’re doing okay now.

2 Likes

Thanks, things are really good now.

All I have to do is get my Sr back now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah but the thing is, those aren’t getting fixed either.