Why Mercy players are very unsatisfied with her current state

You mean by being actually balanced now?

2 Likes

But how many of those 19 can be directly or indirectly responded to by base abilities and don’t require “ultimates” to respond to them?

1 Like

ult spam needs to be punished tho. ultspam becomes very problematic for the defending team because there are so little truly defensive ultimates in the game currently and offensive ults played defensively don’t have nearly as much impact

Rezzing someone as soon as they die should be top priority if possible so they can contribute more to the fight

unless it’s like some duel or whatever the 87.5 healing you lose out on stopping to rez isn’t going to make or break anything

She doesn’t have to choose

You can freely swap between both beams at any point in time at any second

Damage boost important targets or when a kill is desperately needed, heal otherwise

Winning the fight is never little payoff

3 Likes

they weren’t significant buffs. she had her healing reverted in Valk

1 Like

Why? Who says?

The “punish” is the risk involved.

If you devote a lot of ults and dont make solid ground- you’re down a lot of ults.

Or if you blow them all- and make a push, but then get stopped multiple times in a row because the enemies are chaining their ults when they regroup to win consecutive team fights?

That’s punishment.

3 Likes

I honestly wouldn’t know but Double Sniper meta doesn’t sound like it was meta due to it’s ult spam

1 Like

Mercy does not possess a cc ability at this time. There is no cc occurring as a result of any ability belonging to Mercy

1 Like

I think he’s talking about the self slow during a rez.

But mass rez is a terrible way to do that because although it might seem like a balanced ult when applied as described, more often than not, being reliant on there being teammates’ corpses near by is an unfair way to decide how Chad an ultimate play should be for everyone including the Mercy.

Thats why rez is now single target and on E.

2 Likes

I hate reworks, simply because they create a divide between players who liked the old version of the hero, and players who like the new version.

Theres just no winning in this situation, and its sad most Mercy threads delve into this chaotic loop.

I still feel like Mercy shouldn’t have been reworked, or any hero really unless its the absolute last option.

9 Likes

I can tell you might not play mercy that much. Valk has very little to do with team fights, if anything its more used to confirm an already won one.
and freely swiping beams is still choosing

These were ( and are ) significant buffs

2 Likes

how? they do nothing for her

My profile isn’t private

I’ll give you I don’t do comp much if you want to use that against me

I never even talked about Valk why’d you bring it up?

And Valk is for starting a push or whenever you need to sustain multiple people, sustain is the keyword it’s not a Mercy Transcendence and that’s fine

You know I’ve heard these same phrases, replies, and retorts so many times in these exact same way

I mean if you want to get into technicality every hero has to choose

Ana can’t simultaneously damage a person with her gun and heal someone else

She can’t aim her sleep dart at one person while also healing another one, etc

3 Likes

Personally, I find rez to have a big to huge payoff for my team in terms of our ability to win team fights and achieve objectives

3 Likes

lol I say! losing to stacked lets that the enemy farms while you try to conserve your ultimate economy isn’t fun

These were significant buffs, and they were not reverts

1 Like

Neither is deciding to combo your strongest abilities that you’ve had to build up together to ensure some sway only to have it all undone by a single ult in response.

Depending on who you have on your team, 7 or 8
If you have D.Va, you might be able to catch Grav and Blizard
If you have a hero with hard CC, you can reliably stop Whole Hog, Death Blossom, and Deadeye.

You can also shoot down Pharah, McCree, and Junkrat’s ult, as well as Bastion.
So that’s about 10 reliable shutdowns. Any CC involving a skillshot like Hook or Sleep Dart isn’t a good counter. Barriers can and generally are easily broken. All Transformation ultimates are immune to interuption.

This still leaves a 3:1 potential won fight to defensive ultimates. Considering you only need to kill 2 or 3 people for a won fight, that doesn’t look good for the defensive ultimates. Considering the small number of them and the counters they themselves have, why shouldn’t they be stronger than the offensive ultimates, especially since none of the defensive ultimates stack with each other.

1 Like