Why mercy mains are so toxic?

Actually, 9. Over the course of an entire year. One of which was outmoded entirely by the others, making it more like 8.

That’s individual parameter changes, if you lump things up correctly (like the 4 nerfs to different parts of valkyrie in one patch) it comes down closer to 4. 4 patches in a year. Oh, how savage!

Someone made a thread earlier today listing all of the nerfs. It’s 12, plus 2 “bugfixes”

Why exactly are you lumping up nerfs instead of reading them seperately?

Actually, its 12 plus nerfs that never made it onto live servers. 14 Nerfs in total.

Link? I counted based on https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13sYNsr6ZNsjkKWsA4QBxCjsK57dD2TH1KxNamEFJlW8/edit#gid=1687899321

In fact I even asked for someone to confirm one one of the bigger Mercy threads. Not a peep.

Maybe because the mercy mains are being ignored by the devs?

Blame the source of the frustrations. Don’t blame the symptoms.

That spreadsheet doesn’t list nerfs but rather just tells us what changes happened to each hero for every monthly interval.

Because the responsible way to read:
Valkyrie
- no longer instant res
- no longer grants bonus res
- GA spd bonus -50%
- duration from 20s to 15s

Is as a single nerf to Valkyrie, given that it’s one patch and modifies one ability.

Except it’s listed in bullet point style meaning we are supposed to count each bullet point as one nerf. :man_facepalming:

What is it marketed as?

A FPS/MOBA Hybrid.

Literally nobody on the planet does that. Nobody.

Have you ever played any game where someone has said “Yeah, this ability was nerfed 3 times in the latest patch”?

Hmm :thinking: I remember that when I bought the game it specifically said first person shooter unless they changed that :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Yes… Why would you read a list of nerfs and come to the conclusion that it is one single nerf because it was released on the same day? If they were released on seperate days, it would still make it 14 nerfs.

FOR EXAMPLE:

2 nerfs on one day (same nerfs) are the same as 2 nerfs on 2 seperate days.

Each individual negative effect, I read as a nerf :man_shrugging:

Probably just said that it is a first-person perspective game. It is more of a MOBA than an FPS game. This post elaborates on it more:

https://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/WilliamCollis/20160719/277399/This_Years_Hottest_New_MOBA_is_Overwatch.php

Because that’s what a nerf is. It’s a patch that affects the power of a character or object. Zenyatta got buffed shortly after launch (in July 2016). He didn’t get buffed three times, and I challenge you to find anyone that has said that in the entire history of the forum. No, the fact that three aspects of his character were buffed in one balance patch leads everyone to say he got a buff.

But frankly, I suspect you know all this and are trying to be argumentative, so that you can continue to act like Mercy has been hammered with incessant (“14”) nerfs when this entire time it’s been four balance patches over the course of an entire freaking year.

An actual MOBA game-mode would be amazing btw

Look at how they’ve been treated by the community and the devs. It’s not hard to figure out.