Why mercy mains are so toxic?

1. Mass Rez was unhealthy ability that is almost impossible to counter in any way etc.
  2. They don’t her to be an OP must-pick (in their heads) but want to bring Mass Rez back.
  3. Therefore, they do want to make an over-tuned hero because Mass Rez was an over tuned ability.

Mate, you lack basic reading comprehension and an ability to follow a person’s point. “You are wrong” is not a rhetoric, it’s an opinion. And a very badly formulated one at at that.

Amazing rhetoric.

Amazing rhetoric x2. Such as?

How exactly?

LMAO, the fact that blizzard removed it is not evidence enough.

They removed it for all the reasons I’ve mentioned which you countered with the amazing rhetoric of “nope.”

Yeah, ignoring both of your posts from now on since your arguments are simply of the “No u! No u hasnt evidence” variety.

she was a primary healer and the nerf made her that she is not anymore. they complain about her healing countering Winstons primary fire, but can we talk about Moira, Brigitte and Ana? the main problem is rez, it is NOT AN ABILITY, and literally almost the whole community who has a bit of gamesense agrees, Mercy mains included. when rez was her ultimate, the 1.0 one, without invulnerability, she was even considered underpowered and in higher ranks, a troll pick. Plus, answering to the title: most Mercy mains are toxic because they constantly get abused by the whole community for who they pick, they get blamed because “don’t complain about her nerfs, she still has rez and is op”, not understanding that they just want a fun to play hero again with a moment of glory and having to acutally think when they should rez and when not, they get nerfs on nerfs on things nobody asked for, making her more unfun to play every time, and also Blizzard hates Mercy, after the nerf they even made a video while making fun of her being dead, which increased the hate of younger players who got conditioned by it, and even teenagers sometimes. After every nerf they get spreaded s*it on for complaining and they also recieve a bunch of “you are mad because she requires skill now”, she always did and the nerfs did nothing but made her a lot less impacful, why do people assume that she requires no skill just because she requires no aim, i mean, are you for real? i never saw Junkrat, Moira, Pharah, Symmetra, Hanzo, D.Va mains getting hated as much. there is an enormous difference between a silver Mercy and a Platinum one, but from my personal experiece there isn’t really any between the heroes i mentioned before who play in such ranks. - ex Mercy main

2 Likes

You are kinda making your opinion a fact with this judgement.
You know what wouldve made res counterable? Adding the cast time they removed at beta. I think mass res with the current limitations we have on res (maybe reduce cast time to 1 sec) would be completely fine as most often than not Mercy will be forced to tempo res rather than big res if she wanted to stay alive. Mass Res was overtuned when they added invulnerability to mercy, Before that it was just fine. And win rates show it was.

5 Likes

Hmm… Can’t relate. Also, are we suddenly just ignoring this?

:face_with_monocle:

She wasn’t a must pick with mass Resurrect and certainly wasn’t overpowered.

Hmm… Can’t relate.

You keep chatting about reading comprehension when in one of our previous debates you couldn’t tell the difference between 100 and 150. Maybe tone it down a bit? :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

inb4, “Amazing rhetoric”. Am I right Undertone?

You should show some repseccc. He is the leader of the Witch Hunting Party “St. Knights of Undertone”.

Hell, people like this really should know whats cringe.

He even called us cultists, how is he even not silenced

12 Likes

I still remember that thread. Ironically, he claims that Blizzard agrees with him when they deleted his thread. Sure m8.

1 Like

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

7 Likes

:thinking: A Symm/Brig main constantly saying Mercy is OP and “skillless” :thinking:

:thinking: And you’re vocal on the forums about how you think Symms rework was a failure and she needs to be fixed. :thinking:

Hope your heroes get balanced/fixed properly, just the same as I hope they fix Mercy properly. :angel:

4 Likes

There was no argument for me to counter-argue.

Not stacking all of your ults into one fight, which you shouldn’t be doing in the first place? Killing her before using your ults? Stopping her when she tries to rez (which would be even easier with the removal of invuln and the addition of a brief cast time)? Assuming they added a line of sight restriction, blocking her with shields?

Like I said:

Surely they’ve made at least one change at some point you’ve disagreed with?

Nothing you’ve said has had anything to do with the reasons they gave. Although I’ll admit I misquoted a bit, they said it was “frustrating”, not “disheartening”. Here’s the exact developer comments:

Developer Comments: While resurrecting downed allies is a core part of Mercy’s gameplay, the way her Ultimate functioned was causing a number of problems. It was frustrating to play against, and it incentivized Mercy players to hide away from important battles, instead of taking part in them. This version turns Resurrect into a single target ability. It’s still an important part of Mercy’s kit, but plays much better for both Mercy players and her enemies. Valkyrie, her new Ultimate, gives her the opportunity for big game-making plays and opens a number of new options for her.

Link to the patchnotes they’re from: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20759166300#post-4
Let’s go through that real quick.

It was frustrating to play against

Again, according to you, fun isn’t important when balancing, so why should it matter whether it’s frustrating? What ult in the game isn’t “frustrating” to play against?

it incentivized Mercy players to hide away from important battles, instead of taking part in them

This is simply wrong. Good Mercy players only “hid” as much as any support “hides” from enemy fire, especially when expecting ults, meaning they were still taking part in and contributing to the fight. Players who detached from their team completely in order to hide in an attempt to get a huge 5-man rez were playing poorly, as that actually puts their team at a disadvantage and isn’t at all efficient or effective. Adding the further counterplay I mentioned, it’d be nearly impossible to do anyways.

Anyways, notice how they never mention it being “broken”, “unbalanced”, or “unhealthy”?

7 Likes

Jeff says it.

“It’s pretty disheartening”

1 Like

So you think dragon blade or primal range require no skill and take the same skill as Mass Rez. Objectively wrong.

Objectively wrong. Many reasons were given but you want to ignore them because it doesn’t fit your narrative.

Objectively wrong. Mercy was never a throw pick ever in the history of OW. Ana was only played in the highest competitive tiers during season 3-4. Mercy was rampant anywhere below masters.

Not at the expense of everyone else. Sucks to be you then, I find Mercy fun and balanced.

You are a lynch mob that flags anyone with a different opinion for trolling and spams 24/7 with Mercy threads which breaks the forum rules. This is objectively true, why do you think threads like these were created in the first place? Even in this thread people want to flag me for having a different opinion.

So a DPS doesn’t require a healer to work according to you? A DPS isn’t reliant on teamwork?

Deleting and switching my word order is not a rhetoric mate, nice try.

Anecdotal evidence. If you don’t think Valkyrie is a good ult, you are not playing Mercy properly then.

Failing a rez means you are dead.

Pressing Q and re-writing the fight is much more easy than Valkyrie.

1. I don’t main anything, can play every hero in the game consistently at this point with the exception of Doomfist.
  2. I love it how you missed Genji, Rein and Pharah which are much higher on my list but just mentioned Brigitte because you wanted to skew perception. Nice try hun-bun.
  3. Strawman argument but I will indulge you: Sym and Mercy shouldn’t even be in the same sentence. One is one of the strongest heroes in the game for now 11 seasons, an absolute must pick in some of the seasons, the other one is trash F tier hero for now 11 seasons that literally gets players banned just for playing it which is well-documented.

Better luck next time mate :joy:

thank you <3 i agree to this haha i think we are annoying but def not toxic :3 well there will obviously be some toxic people among us but not the majority of us at least

1 Like

Guess a lot of Mercy players aren’t playing Mercy properly then… Just for curiosity’s sake, what rank are you?

2 Likes

Probably because any thread not to do with Mercy usually gets hijacked.
And any opinion that is different to #revert gets a torrent of abuse.

1 Like

Imagine your main got nerfed 10+ times, would you not get annoyed?

2 Likes

Thank god no one ever asks for a revert then. :sweat_smile:

Imagine your main got ignored for the most part from release till now, would you not get annoyed?
The sheer amount of Mercy complainers push out everyone else.
Mercy has had the most attention of ANY HERO while plenty are still F tier.

1 Like

Having Mass Res is any form is a revert with tweaks :slight_smile:

Well, there goes any point continuing this conversation.