Why Mercy mains are silent?

I’m going to take some time in a couple of minutes when I am free to read through all of that. I’ve seen your recent takes on sniper meta currently and did want to see a post with some crunch on the topic.

It’s an interesting thought, and a drastic change on a whole collection like burst DPS snipers would be some big changes. It also was a thought with my last Mercy suggestion on a defensive based ability and encouragement for more of those in the support class over buffs/debuffs/damage.

Mean? How about you Mercy mains quit abusing the report system to get anyone who openly disagree with your points of view banned and their posts removed?

Because that’s also what’s going on here on this forum.

I disagreed with one and got auto reported by Mercy mains and my account suspended for 24 hours.

Mercy mains are silent now, but they mass report people in a daily basis.

As for what i disagreed with, well, it’s about Mercy having fluid movement in GA, which is so not true. She only looks that way to those who play her, but to everyone else trying to land a shot on her she looks like she’s rubberbanding all over the place.

Her nerfs/buffs were well deserved. She was broken and gave too much value for far too little effort. Extremly high reward vs silly low risk.

1 Like

This is a pretty strange moment because, at the time, basically the entire forums were in a frenzy of reports everywhere including random Mercy threads and then came a wave of “Mercy Mains are False Flagging Threads” that happened.

There were probably bad actors at play, but the end results was creating some propaganda narrative that the Mercy community were abusive and toxic and there were plenty of bait threads which tried to make evidence of this. It was happening for tons of threads and posts, though.

2 Likes

No worries, it’s pretty dense.

And I’m not even done adding sections, and formatting it.

On the topic of Widow and what you spoke of along with your video example, I will say, it is pretty insane Widow does not flinch when shot at in her scoped aim.

2 Likes

Tbh, I don’t really attached to any specific implementation method on how to fix the issue, just that they need to fix the issue.

But I’ll be including a section with example implemention methods and a bunch of streamer clips malding about snipers.

I’ll try keeping an eye out for it when it comes up.

Honestly, I think people gave up.

After being told they recognized they went too far with GA, then basically didn’t change anything AND took away the healing AND tried to deceive us with patch notes…

The one thing most Mercy players liked about the S3 changes was the healing. And what did they take away? That.

Yeah, the devs cannot be trusted when it comes to Mercy.

Before I watched people die and I was mobile, then I kept people alive with less mobility, now…less mobile and you watch people die.

16 Likes

well you forgot one thing;

• the posts about discussing her balance weren’t flagged, however the ones saying that her players are big crybabies, etc. were flagged

and thats because…

:drum: :drum: :drum:

ONE INSULTS AND THE OTHER DOESN’T!!!

and i agree, im not saying her nerfs weren’t deserved, i even admitted that her movement is busted with the omnidirectional crap and how id rather go back to OW1 GA with its proper 1.5s CD but with a GA that made her techs take skill.

4 Likes

Didn’t notice the movement changes, don’t really care. Triage healing felt better and more medic-like but we’re back to a boring static number. Yay.

2 Likes

I think at this point, it is like “what is the point” the hero gets changes regardless of countless negative feedbacks. I do not think Mercy mains gave up, but getting fatigued and tiresome is a thing, and right now I can speak for myself, but the changes feel so bad to the point that I am not even interested in having a debate about it as she is going get constantly change regardless of the feedback.

3 Likes

It wouldn’t shock me if the relative lack of further complaints is largely a mix of sheer fatigue, distraction over Lifeweaver’s release, and the fact that a dubious partial revert seems all the devs are even remotely inclined to provide right now (they seem to very much want to see Mercy dying more often). We’ll see how things settle out later in the season.

I think doing more to improve Mercy’s kit further will require more substantial engineering and tuning time/iteration to actually deliver more suitable triage healing. I have only so much energy myself to repeat how I’d suggest doing that; I don’t see saying it more often speeding things up in that context. (the short version for reference is adding a low-health burst bonus heal managed on a per target cooldown to avoid causing too many complications to sustained healing while incentivizing switching between healing targets for greater value from the mechanic)

At the very least I still think they need to buff the heck out of Valk. I’d like to see more substantial pistol buffs as well, but I realize that’s not necessarily a typical sentiment among Mercy mains.

3 Likes

This is what happen when ppl gave up hope on the dev. This will also happen in general when ppl gave up hope on the game itself.

4 Likes

No. Those were not the only posts that got reported. I made a reply as well being civil and it got mass reported.

It is and has been for a long time, how a lot of people in the Mercy community does things to anyone who disagrees with them.

Just like Mercy mains haven’t insulted anyone for disagreeing with them. Gotcha…

Mercy never required much in terms of skills. That’s the sad truth.

1 Like

Bro… you are the exact type of user people have been describing :skull:

People ARE providing meaningful ideas, and they’re simply being ignored - using anecdotal evidence to make a shallow generalization about a community is kind of crummy :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

5 Likes

Ah yes, clearly GreyFalcon doesn’t make enough forum posts.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/search?context=user&context_id=greyfalcon-11737&q=Mercy%20in%3Atitle%20in%3Acreated%20order%3Alatest&skip_context=false

What does that have to do with anything I just said :skull:

5 Likes

when did i ever say that mercy mains never insult people.

if it makes you feel better, even i have insulted people, but that was back then. i hate looking back in those days because i was just a little hater but i know sometimes that old person leaks back out, but when i see it i instantly apologize and i try my best to make it civil and end it on a good note.

90% of those posts about mercy being op, had 1 or more insults about her community. countless times have i seen us been labeled as crybabies, no brain, braindead, aimless, trash at the game, how we suck, how were only good for pocketing, especially pair that up with misogynal stereotypes of “E-Girls only play mercy to pocket their dps duo, E-Girls make up all of the mercy community” and how only women play her. countless times. sure its not as bad here, but i was there when i witnessed a lot of those flagging and guess what?

almost all of them had insults to mercy or her community. insulting a person is labeled as trolling or harassment, and can get you flagged. sometimes, people take things the wrong way because you never know the persons tone because this is a texting forum (i fall victim to that). take it with a grain of salt, and trust me i know 100% were not the only players who have issues with that (even though thats not even my point).

well because shes always been an easy to pick up hero, but there was a reason on why she was a “easy to pickup || hard to master” support. in OW1, her movement meant absolutely EVERYTHING and defined the difference between a good mercy and a bad one. now, these omni directional changes replaced those differences, and now a bad mercy can do the same as a good one. the only way to spot the difference now is if one or the other has good positioning/gamesense or not.

im all for reverting her back to the state she was in before OW2 launched, and proceed to balance her then. but you can’t lie and say that her movement back then didn’t take at least SOME skill.

1 Like

Try clicking the link, and look through the 300 or so Mercy concept posts I’ve made.

having 300+ concepts falcon is not the flex you think it is :sob:

eitherway people decline them because a lot of them just arent the best we’ve seen

4 Likes