Why Mercy mains are silent?

And yet, if we exclude the “Forum Raids” of 2018, I’ve probably personally put out more unique Mercy ideas than the entire Mercy community combined. And I barely even play Support.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/search?context=user&context_id=greyfalcon-11737&q=Mercy%20in%3Acreated%20in%3Atitle&skip_context=false

200%

I knew it was a matter of time before people woke up.

Edit: I’ve not seen less Mercy’s. Just less LW over the last day and a half.

I don’t have a horse in this race, but this argument in particular rubs me the wrong way.

Having “a lot of ideas” doesn’t mean they’re quality or helpful ideas.

20 Likes

Well yeah, but that argument cuts both ways.

The way I see it, the most direct way to have good ideas, is to have a lot of ideas.

“After so many rubber bullets, you start to doubt the gun”

1 Like

well that link doesn’t work, but you do you

you don’t have to act like your all on top. your ignoring my point. we suggest changes get yelled at, we stop. we don’t do it anymore because we’re gonna get yelled at no matter what, and now your yelling at us for doing that. we don’t want to be yelled at, it’s not a nice thing greyfalcon and it doesn’t feel the best especially since we get yelled at on a daily basis.

i remember your suggest changes, they were good, some of them. my favorite one of your changes for her was

Valkyrie

• Now heals allie’s in a 10m radius from mercy instantly to their max health

what are your current ideas for mercy?

5 Likes

If that were true, then the entire Overwatch patch history is “a lot of good ideas”, no?

In a vacuum, a thousand monkeys sounds feasible. In reality, by the time those monkeys have typed out Shakespeare, nobody wants to read their garbage anymore.

A lot of Mercy players giving half-baked, inept ideas sounds like the fastest way to get people to stop listening to Mercy players.

12 Likes

Nah mate, only one way to shut up us is if bliz hunt us down one by one and / or give (to some of us) cute femboy support as a distraction :))

1 Like

She’s not my favorite of all Mercys, but at least she’s better than in S3. Therefore, she’s back to being my main at support xd.

2 Likes

I’ll assure you, that’d get better results than only a handful of unique ideas, with bad formatting, and low visibility.

:slight_smile: !

Well at least some Mercy main onetricks called an “exodus” xD… Can’t tell how many of them actually left.

Not quite. If you do a basic GA without any techs then yes. However any techs included has it increased. In fact Mercy players have notes that the longer distant slingshot has a shorter cooldown than the short distant one.

All in all it made her GA clunkier.

12 Likes

The little Staff range buff below is because Mercy’s movement is not as good as it was prior to Season 3. Mercy needs several minor improvements to Resurrect so that it does not get canceled as much because other supports have a 10 sec cooldown ability that can burst heal a tank back to full because they can combine it with their primary heal, and it doesn’t even pose a risk to them when they use their 10 sec cooldown; so these improvements to Resurrect are reasonable (these are not even close to instant cast Rez Mercy we had). Her ultimate needs to feel more impactful for Mercy players to enjoy playing her more. Here are my proposed changes:

Mercy

Caduceus Staff

• Maximum range increased from 15 to 17 meters

Resurrect

• Distance from target to interrupt Resurrect increased from 7 to 9 meters
  • Cast time reduced from 1.75 to 1.6 seconds
  • Movement speed penalty while casting reduced from -75% to -65%
  • Cooldown reduced from 30 to 28 seconds

Valkyrie

• Duration reduced from 15 to 12 seconds
  • Ultimate Cost increased from 1820 to 1900 points
  • Healing increased from 60 to 75 health per second
  • Damage boost increased from 30% to 40%
  • Now reduces Resurrect’s cast time to 0.8 seconds
  • Activating Valkyrie now reduces Resurrect’s current cooldown by 8 seconds

Agree to disagree here, I suppose. Because I can guarantee that enough bad ideas would get Mercy players ignored even more than they currently are.

2 Likes

I don’t say anything for the simple reason that whatever I propose I trust the current Devs to mess it up worse than before. It is in their track record.

2 Likes

And now picking Mercy feels like I’m shooting my team in the foot.
She’s much worse than season 1 and she was already pretty bad during season 1.

7 Likes

They should make it where you can cancel the GA but have the ability be still active. so it can be a little bit more fluid in how you move while in the air from SJs

I’m only silent because I stopped playing in November until ABK addresses the issues I have with OW2. And since some of those issues are 5v5 and monetization, I’m probably going to be waiting for a while.

As for other Mercy mains? Maybe they had enough of screaming into the void? They said since the beta to not change GA, and they’ve changed it 3 times now.

9 Likes

Initially I was very disappointed to find out that Mercy’s GA cooldown had went up by 0.5 seconds, if you did any sort of advanced movement during her normal state. When compared to season 3 Mercy.

But to compensate the devs restored her GA cooldown back to 1.5 seconds, if you just fly straight to your target and do nothing else. Additionally, you also get your 1.5s GA back during valk’s 15 second duration. During that time you can use whatever movement you like, and your GA cooldown won’t exceed 1.5s.

If you mess around with this iteration of Mercy, it really isn’t all that bad. At least in my opinion.

4 Likes

I just don’t touch her at all the very few times I play. She’s become disgustingly boring with all changes just aiming to make her a pocket-accessory.

3 Likes