Why Mercy Isn't Fun To Play | Video

Give me a survey, since you constantly mention how the forums are in the minority.

1 Like

Well, look at r/overwatch and any other subreddit.

r/overwatch has 1.4 million users. Do you see that many people commenting on the forums? Let alone anything close to the 40 million number the devs boasted about a few months ago?

Edit: Even Titanium’s thread (the #1 post of all time now), still hasn’t hit 20k views.

No, but you just said that your anecdotal viewing experiences has some sort of relevance to an actual statistical value. I never claimed lots of Mercy players think Mass Rez is healthier than Valkyrie, I was asserting my own opinion in a different format.

2 Likes

Sometimes it’s good to ignore player feedback.

Remember when people were saying Mercy was broken in February 2018? And that she needed a buff right away?

It was good that those people were ignored.

Yet you have no evidence to disprove my claims. They’re nothing more than that. They’re claims. Yet, my numbers prove true. It’s reasonable to assume that viewcount = players that have seen it. If a player has clicked on it at all, they count as viewing it. Considering this, and the fact the #1 upvoted post of all time on the forums still is under 20k views, it’s a very good assumption that the forums are <30k players, which, for you mathematicians out there, is significantly less than 1.4 million.

Not whenever the complaints are coming in regards to subjective fun, which is why heroes such as Mercy, Roadhog and Hanzo were changed to begin with. Statistical evidence has nothing to do with the fun people are having.

Actually, yes. The definition of subjective is that it’s the player’s own opinion.

There is on reason to logically assume all players think one way.

Somehow I get the feeling most Mercy posters on the forums care more about buffing Rez, than they do about Fun.

Honey you made a thread begging Mercy players to come out and support your viewpoint, if there were so many as implied by “Lots” then it would have received more support than people disagreeing with you.

Then no hero ever needs changed because a mechanic is unfun, and therefore Mercy 2.0 never needed to happen, nor did Roadhog’s rework or Hanzo’s rework.

I’ve got a document of about 30 or so ability and ultimate ideas, some of which include making Resurrect weaker, stronger, removing it entirely, making it more difficult to pull off and a combination of other things.

I really don’t care if Resurrect needs to be removed, my complaint is coming from a place of not enjoying her current state.

I wonder if it’s occurred to them that perhaps the people who find current Mercy with Valkyrie as fun and engaging are also, themselves, the minority.

Ponder ponder.

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

2 Likes

Okay, and how many do you have that involve fixing Valkyrie to be a Fun ultimate?

Don’t you just love it when Forums members come and try to Patronize you?

No I made a thread asking all players to come out and support their own viewpoint and not be silenced by the majority. Only you Mercy spammers think it’s about you guys. Players remain largely silent when they aren’t in the majority. That was my intention. You can try and shift that intention in your own viewpoint, but it doesn’t make it true.

Which is why they’re not changed because they’re unfun. They’re changed becuase they’re largely unfair or bad for the game as a whole.

Four, one of which renames it because it’s more suiting, but functionally acts similar.

Okay, so why not post those, instead of leaving them buried deep inside a 300 comment post or a Google doc?

No, I speak like that actually to my friends because that’s just how I talk. Sorry if that offends you.

So you’re not in the majority, yet “Mercy spammers” are also not in the majority, and at the same time people who want Mercy reverted are also not in the majority, but they’re the majority when it suits your narrative? So I must ask who exactly is in the majority?

Roadhog 1.0 was not unfair, Hanzo 1.0 was not unfair, he was actually quite underpowered, and Mercy 1.0 was not as unfair as you are suggesting.

2 Likes

Because I’ve not found an appropriate time to do so, and I just do it whenever I have free time.

so camping in a corner and hoping no enemy will find you during the teamfight is more fun?

mmmhmmm

1 Like

Honey, that’s not how you talk. I’ve not seen it in normal conversation from you.

^^ See how patrionizing that sounds?

I think you answered that for yourself there lol.

You could completely miss and still hook them. That’s unfair.

You could completely miss with scatter and kill someone else that’s low HP going towards a HP when you weren’t even able to see them.

Mercy was able to undo everything a full team did. Sooo yeah. OP.

Uh, no… You were pretty specific in the demographic you were talking to. So clarification would be nice.

You claim that you call all players to come out and support their viewpoint. What is this “majority” that you keep speaking of? And further, you claim to be reaching out to everyone, yet you specifically exclude everyone who wants a revert.

I’m sorry, how does that support your view of “all players”? Are people who want a revert not players?

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

2 Likes