Why Mercy is one of the harder heroes

What I got out of this post was bascially…

“Mercy’s tools for directly affecting the game state are weak and/or clunky, so Mercy is much more difficult than she appears because you need to not waste any time at all.”

And I must say… I completely agree.

4 Likes

Close enough, honestly

2 Likes

As long as your post contains the word Mercy you can expect to see him. :joy:

7 Likes

Any forum member is permitted by forum rules to participate in any thread, as they deem fit

The only solution

Stop making threads about Mercy

2 Likes

Side question Fritz, have you seen my attempt at fixing that problem? Found here.

I didn’t say you couldn’t respond, I simply stated that you reply to every Mercy thread. You like to find things that aren’t there.

3 Likes

My statement was correct and topical within the context of the statement i replied to, which implied (as i see it) that my actions were problematic in some unstated fashion

On a related note, i do not reply to every mercy thread

So in other words you assumed I meant negative intent when I made that statement?

1 Like

As I said, it appeared (to me) to be implied, as I read the statement in question

as violet chachki says : COME THROUGH!!!

I dont know the reference here, sorry

1 Like

And yet the most Mercy healing you’ve ever done in a match is 6,045. Wow.

1 Like

I don’t think mercy is the hardest hero. Nor do I think she’s the easiest hero.

But I do think she has some of the most forgiving healing in the game.

Like my buddy mega is elaborating on here-

Her healing is the lowest on paper, at only 50 hps with no chance for burst.

However

It requires no resources. No reload. No cooldown. And no aim. Once a beam is locked mercy can be looking any direction she likes- and maintain healing. If Ana has to look away for any reason, be it just to monitor the field or because an opponent is getting in her face, no healing. Mercy however will keep pumping it out.

She doesn’t even need to maintain unobstructed LoS. A target can go around a corner, and the beam will clip through the wall for up to 3 seconds, giving 150 health to targets who do so.

It goes through shields and barriers.

Goes through defense matrix.

At the end of the day mercy is one of the highest overall healers, with one of the “lowest” forms of healing, entirely because of how reliable it is.

The difference between a “good” mercy and a “bad” mercy, for healing, is minimal. Far less than the difference in healing between a good Ana and a bad Ana, for example.

I think what genuinely sets a good mercy apart from a typical mercy, and what influence she her skill floor the most-

Is ressurect.

It’s a difficult ability to use properly in the context of overwatch. Getting big value out of it, isn’t easy- and is one of the areas that will make a good vs bad mercy player be very obvious.

There’s a huge difference between a mercy who only uses it on targets who died behind their friendly lines, or gets picked off on every attempt- and a mercy who is able to weave through enemies and pick up vital front line team mates without losing her head in the process when she sticks her neck out.

1 Like

You shouldn’t assume things. Not everyone on the forums is out to get you. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Plz stop loooooooool

It is certainly possible than nothing was implied, but on second reading, i still perceive implied meaning. Fwiw.

Mercy is not the hardest hero in the game, but she is by no means the easiest. It’s very easy to get some value out of her, but it takes work to play her to her full potential. You’re constantly juggling quite a few things, and solving little mini puzzles. She’s kind of similar to tanks in that regard.

1 Like

I mean she very well could be if she had an ability in place of res that’s used more often and is more challenging to min/max. They could just provide a res charge during Valk so that it’s still a part of her kit. Many have already speculated on what that ability could be, but there are so many options that would make her much more interactive, with a bit more to think about and less downtime.

A lot of players think that she’s just missing something, we want to add to her kit not take away from it.

@JRoy: Have you looked at BigMainLittleChains?