Why is this patch the size of the entire game?

Rip disk space. Not gonna survive after this patch.

8 Likes

Yeah and the funny thing is that it will be permanently high like that. I wonder what they will do in a few more events when the game reaches insane space requirements for normal user consumption.

1 Like

I’ll need to multiply my overall disk space by 3 in order to keep playing this game through events or updates.

4 Likes

So they can add the awesome “Archive” mode to the game that features all the PvE modes.

And then lock it away for the rest of the year.

:Kappa:

11 Likes

Aw, my god! I wait over 10 mins and it barely downloaded 6Gb

I REALLY hope they respond soon, and fix this mess.

2 Likes

Dude 6 GB takes me like 3 hours :’(

5 Likes

Wow…people will find literally anything to complain about…

2 Likes

Jellys has no idea why this is happening either. It’s one big update😂

4 Likes

Yea… My download speed is better than that, but this will still take a while. :confused:

Right?

“WHERE IS THE UPDATE!
WE NEED THE UPDATE!”

Update gets Launched

“WHY IS THE UPDATE SO BIG?
THIS IS ABSURD!
BLIZZARD IS HORRIBLE AT THEIR JOBS!”

Ya’ll need to learn some patience.

5 Likes

That takes me a full day

2 Likes

Problem is, this update eats your disk space mostly for thing that is going to be aviable for 3 weeks. That’s nonsense.

2 Likes

Dear Crybabies. These are few possible solutions to your problem:

1. Change your ISP
  2. Upgrade your HDD and/or
  3. Clear up some disk space and/or remove all those PG18 movies from your HDD

Every event does this. It’s nothing new.

Sure, this one is bigger than normal, but that’s because they’re putting in a lot of things at once. PTR changes, a new gamemode and all it’s respective assets, a brand new map, and all the classic stuff that goes into every event. It’s a lot when you actually think about it, and they’ve yet to put this much in at once (you might say “Well Uprising was-” They’re updating the AI for uprising as well, so that’s even more for them to add.)

PTR changes, new game mode, new map and classic stuff is what comes with every events. Nothing new justifying so much. Still hard to believe we have to download more than half the game’s size.

2 Likes

Over half my disk space has gone for games updates. Sad. BTW at least the can make one of the PvE’s perma so I could say it was worth it.

SSD space is a premium considering how small these things usually are unlike the secondary drives that easily go 3TB but are much slower.

Anyway, current space taken up by C:\Program Files (x86)\Overwatch is 12.9GB let’s see how big it is afterwards. Do these get deleted after the event? Skins and maps alone for normal games usually don’t take this much space.

Are certain resources getting re-downloaded or updated/replaced?

Ah this poor guy, doesn’t know how stupid he sounds. Shame.

4 Likes

Whoa download is 13.6GB, but the Overwatch folder is only 12.9GB, the size difference is what i would expect for extra skins and maps. Is the whole game getting re-downloaded?