Why is there so many more nerf Mercy threads?

well i think that after the shields nerfs, the mercy dmg boosting was creating some big problems with some dps like ashe, mccree , hanzo and now wharramercy.

and the majority of times, those dps were nerfed but mercy no.

ah yes, as usual. :sunglasses:

Dmg boost in general is starting to seem like a problem. I’d be ok with giving mercy some other buff to compensate but it is kinda annoying seeing dps get nerfed who are only a problem once they get the extra dmg from mercy.

1 Like

Ah, another utility added to the list of “problematic”. Seems like we are sliding ever so closely to removing buffs and debuffs in general.

1 Like

I feel that Mercy’s dmg boosting is fine. And requires no changes.

I mean dmg boost is fine. Just in some situations it can maybe be too good. Not sure what’s so controversial. Some abilities are a good idea but the number might be too much sometimes.

Funny that you call Masters+ hitscan players incapable. The true reality which the Pharah abusers are trying to ignore, is that the hitscan nerf actually hit HARD. Pharah is almost unkillabe if she has a pocket and plays next to cover. The only real “counter” is a Widowmaker or another Pharah, which is terrible design

Because now that hit scans are nerfed people are freaking out about pharah, even though she isn’t that big of a deal, and mercy and pharah are one of the best combos in the game.

1 Like

Yeah I know… she used to have team rez blah blah.

She’s still really easy to kill. And that’s no slight against any other player… I’m not saying there won’t be instances where she slips away or carries a team with great heals, but she’s still so vulnerable.

And as far as being picked in every game, that doesn’t bother me in the slightest. If the hero is good, I don’t see a need to keep rebalancing so the hero is suddenly “not so good that they’re picked every game”. It just seems like an endless treadmill of balancing and rebalancing all for the sake of… I dunno… hero representation? I’ve just never understood or wanted to be a part of that argument.

it has something to do with her girlfriend, you know the blue rocket guitar one that everyone is complaining about now. i think thats why nerf mercy threads are popping up here and there atm… i mean they always been here its basically a rule that you have to at least make one nerf mercy thread here on the foroooms

Just chatting here…

Honestly, who is scared of going after Mercy?
From top to bottom of the lineup, no one is too concerned about a 1v1 with Mercy.
So who counters her?
Everyone.

My top nemesises (nemesi?) Winston, Hammond, Doom, Tracer, Widow, Ashe, (and those magical Hog hooks covered in Velcro).

And while I disagree that she’s almost always the last survivor, in general, I will say…when she does survive it’s because the enemy team doesn’t feel like she’s a primary threat. Focus and kill the rest…the last standing Mercy is useless, and will either flee or be our ult charge.

That, or she just realized the fight was lost, and pulled back, like most smart supports.

6 Likes

You all say that, but how many people can actually do it? We all know the most important thing is to take out Support first, but why are most of the Hitscans, Flankers not, (or can’t) going after her before anyone else? Even though she can’t hardly fight back?

She’s the third most played after Baptiste and Ana

1 Like

Dmg bossting is a problem this game is balanced around normal dmg no.s and then you bring an dmg boost that can be used indefinetly with no cooldown then you start to have problem

Because she isn’t attacking them directly. DPS tend to suffer from sort of selective blindness, when they simply do not see enemies, that do not hurt them.

2 Likes

Not to mention…it’s just a revert for hitscans. Pharah wasn’t dominating before the global buff, she won’t be after.

The only way she would be is if people honestly forgot how to deal with her because of that global buff.

1 Like

Seriously, people seem to forget that pharah has been in a pretty rough spot for quite some time. Its nice that she’s finally in a good spot again, not meta defining, just good.

2 Likes

For average DPS sure, but all high rank DPS would have enough discipline to kill Support first.

2 Likes

I’m a tank player. I just don’t think any form of damage boosting is a good utility. The balance we have between Healthpools and damage are probably the most crucial thing for overwatch, but boosting damage just throws it out the window.

DPS Hero is decent without mercy? Immediately Mercy’s latch onto that hero nonstop till they are sucked dry and nerfed before moving onto the next hero who is balanced without her.

As for pharah, I honestly want her to be more viable by herself. Pharmacy just holds her back.

1 Like

her being a pocket is problematic n annoying + her res is annoying af