Why is OW the only game that assumes 66% of the team/playerbase shouldn't play DPS?

None of them deal damage in a style that appeals to me. That is the problem. Otherwise I would jump on it.

1 Like

Blue team has junkrat/reaper/sym one tricks, red team has pharah and snipers.

Well wait a minute. What do you mean fix the balance? Like do you want people to be solo tanking and solo healing so that more people can play DPS?

2 Likes

Absolutely, and its up to Blizzard to make the other two roles engaging (mechanically interesting for me as well) so that if 2-2-2 is implemented, players with DPS mindsets can enjoy them as well.

The OP actually brings up a solid argument.

Yes. You jack up the tanks and supports to be juggernauts and capable of solo healing entire teams… And then lock them to one. It would literally fix the issue with solo roles and not go against the practical issue of class preference. If anything, we might have the opposite problem where too many people want to play healer or tank because they would be extremely OP.

2 Likes

Says who? Not the devs thats for sure, the last time they mentioned 411 they said it felt horrible to play so they scrapped the idea , and that was the last and only time it was mentioned

11 Likes

The way I look at it, regardless of how it’s implemented, it can only make things better. DPS players who are forced to play off roles, will no longer rage-qwit and change to DPS in the last 2 minutes of the game. It would be naive of you to assume that the DPS population will just quit. If they like DPS, they will be foreced to learn off roles like the rest of us. If all you can do is DPS, I don’t really want you in my game.

1 Like

And i actually 100% get that, its on Blizzard to make heros like that . Orisa is boring af

1 Like

Right. They say a lot of things that are confirmed false at a later date. However, I would say that perhaps you should look at the base roster and do some basic math, fam.

1 Like

Oh, well hey as a support main I wouldn’t mind that at all, but you know how it is around here, an OP tank or support wouldn’t fly. They’d be asking for nerfs.

1 Like

Antivaxx and flat earther?

Didnt saw problem with picking tanks over dps in paladins too often, i would even say that there even more people played tanks than dps at least in matches i played, and its 5 v 5 compared to overwatch, so there 2 tanks was more than in this game in %. :man_shrugging:

But i didnt played for long time, mayby it changed over time

Many RPGs don’t force you to run a specific comp. WoW doesn’t, Rift doesn’t, from what I played of FF online it doesn’t, none of the RPGs I’ve played force you to run them, etc.

I

This was a brilliant and thoughtful post.

Rofl, that was your best counter argument. Come on, give me something a bit more substantial so I can destroy you too.

Honestly if the player base wasn’t so selfish, needing to play DPS EVERY SINGLE GAME, then they wouldn’t need to do this.
People need to learn they can’t always get what they want.

1 Like

My problem is…who cares what they as in the devs enjoy?

They enjoy pushing out the same events with little changes where-as most of the players don’t. They seem to enjoy giving us only a handful of skins per event, when most of the players would want more.

Maybe the problem is that they’ve been revolving the game around what they find fun and not what the players would find fun.

3 Likes

While I hate the idea of forced 2-2-2, I will touch upon “why is OW the only game that assumes 66% of the player-base shouldn’t be play DPS?”

This is a flawed point of view to take. Only because all the heroes have capacity to DPS-- regardless of role. And some much better than others. THere are some supports/tanks that do a better job of DPS than DPS themselves.

No one said you couldn’t play dps OP, just don’t be mad at longer queues :man_shrugging:

Yeah you know you do 411, then you get a bunch of bad Tracers, Soldiers, Widows, Genjis, McCrees, Ashes (like myself) running around because they couldn’t get that one tank or one support role in time. But hey if they don’t mind that I’ve always wanted to give Ashe a try.

The base roster is irrelevant since there was this thing at launch called no hero limits meaning if you wanted 6 mercys, it didnt matter how the roster was spread at the beginning to them because they allowed you to pick up to 6 of the same hero, so they focused on the fun aspect and created fun characters first and foremost