Why is OW getting so much hate?

What are you even talking about? Every event besides retribution was recycled from the last year. Even the current event is just all the events recycled.

Not to mention all of the hero reworks were slow as snail and all of them failed.

1 Like

Almost all those balance changes were pretty terrible.
Mercy is still way too OP
Bastion/Sombra… I don’t even need to say anything else there
There is still no new core game mode
Comp is still bad.
No role queue
Missing features everywhere you look

I could go on.

Its why I stopped playing

1 Like

Mei yeti event was different from mei snow ball tho.
still not much of a change tho.

• I wouldn’t say many are terrible. I do think that many of the changes were un-needed or took a kit in the wrong direction. Junk’s aiming nade, wrong direction. Zen’s volley nerf, un-needed. As examples.

• Mercy isn’t op at all. She’s balanced and fair. The fact that you can stun her through that really long rez is enough there. Or kill her. Or hook her. Whatever the flavor there.

• Bastion is fine but bad enough niche where he doesn’t fit anywhere. Can’t really comment on Sombra since I really don’t play her.

• There doesn’t need to be. Unless you’re suggesting OW turn into all the other games and just go with a Battle Royale, which is a horrible idea in itself too.

• Comp is only bad on the edges of the ranks due to low number of people with the MMR system.

• Role queue is a garbage idea for OW in it’s current state. We can revisit this subject when there are at least 50 characters.

• Like what? Name these missing features? Most of the ideas of the “missing features” is people trying to turn it into CoD or just all around bad ideas.

• Stopped playing but still commenting on Overwatch’s forums. As Frozen song says. “Let it go.”

Ok, I give that one a pass but they only did it cuz they got a backlash during junkenstein.

So just because I stopped playing the game I have to drop everything Overwatch related?

I don’t think so.

As Ive said before. I will still follow Overwatch. I was still read the forums. I will still watch any shorts. I will still read the comics. I will still pay attention to new hero/event releases.

I can still enjoy those things without playing Overwatch.

You don’t get to tell me to leave the forums simply because I don’t enjoy playing the game anymore.

Thats like telling someone who decided to cut cable TV that they aren’t allowed to have a TV anymore

If you need more details on “missing features” follow the links provided:

tbqh, Zen’s volley nerf was a way to lower his skill floor, and raise his skill ceiling.
He now has more control over his shots so he can potentially land more shots than previously.

She kinda is OP. She effectively replace’s Orisa’s ult, Dont know if their ults stack tho.
But she effectively replaces it with a highly mobile 200 hp character that can fly where ever.

Bastion is not fine.
he’s too slow, his hit box is too big and he effectively cannot do much damage in comparison to the amount of damage he receives.

you are right, there doesnt need to be. however, doing nothing creates staleness and staleness drives people away. That is very much true. However instantly suggesting battle royale is purely done to demonize the statement to make it seem as bad possible.

now this is heavily awkward to even say simply because Match making.

I dont think so. you’re not going to get 50 characters at this rate. Blizzard cant even release one gud character that isnt OP or trash.

lmao, you’re not here for criticisms and wholesome debate. You just wanna put ur foot down that overwatch is a good game.

AOE characters shouldnt get teh right to two tap people because would you know it? Their shots are biggger than everyone else’s and therefore should do very much less in comparison.
Soldier gets 19 damage per shot but junk gets 6 times that amount for a bullet that can bounce around corners along with insta get-out-of-jail-free mines that are also 120 damage.
its complete trash in terms of balancing.
The game utterly needs to be slowed down and the amount of DPS that is being flung about needs to be heavily slowed down because this isnt something that promotes all kinds of characters. Infact this is mainly why bastion isnt viable.

I didn’t say you had to. More of a suggestion. It’s like wanting to take a beating over and over with constant reminders. When I leave games, I leave everything behind. Not saying you gotta do what I do. But I don’t like reminders all the time.

I never read quitting overwatch threads. I just see them as a cry for attention. No offense and not saying you are.

Just because I think you missed it.

this shows exactly that you’re not here for wholesome debate, you’re here to put a foot down and stomp opposition with circular logic with “no ur wrong” without explaining why.

I’ve explained why I think winston is trash. His damage can simply be outhealed by a mercy. Not to mention any other kind of healer attempting to also heal. That would just make Winston completely bad.

But another arguement im going to make is that I believe heroes in this game shouldnt be meta specific. Maybe if we had like 50 or more characters, that argument would be completely valid, like in LoL. But its not. We’re at 27/28 characters right now and there is no limit to what character you can pick on whatever side of the board. you can be on offense and pick defense orientated Orisa. Or you can be Defense and pick Soldier 76, an offense character.
There is no limit to this. Because of this, I believe characters in this game should NOT be Defense or Offense orientated. They should be in a General purpose situation until blizzard decides on how they want to push forward on this issue.

In fact nothing separates the defense cast from the offense cast. There is no underlying trait for any of them. So why does this separation of class even exist in this game?

I dont blame you. Im not saying you HAVE to go read mine either.
I agree that most of those posts aren’t very helpful and people don’t usually leave good feedback.

I happen to actually really love Overwatch. Deciding to not play it anymore wasn’t one of my favorite choices ever.

Thats why I decided to at least leave reasons why I left, things I feel could be improved upon and hopefully at some point I will be able to come back, play Overwatch and have fun again.

1 Like

That’s all everyone’s personal choices and I respect it.

I just will never understand why people like to have daily reminders of leaving something behind.

It’s like an ex for me. Get rid of her and out of my life. Memories and all.

I admit that I don’t have as much fun as I use to. But that’s because I’m a Junkrat main and he gets punished really heavily this current meta. But I do still like the game so I’ve just adapted and moved onto playing other characters. Specifically Brig right now in comp.

That being said, this is the first season in a very long time I’ve actually enjoyed playing Comp.

Uh…how do Sombra’s alterations make the game BETTER somehow? When she’s full of bugs she didn’t have before to the point of her players being furious? Because the nerfs saw no PTR time and the “buff” is nonexistent thanks to the bugs and Brigitte throwing armor around like Oprah throws out cars?

The game is not better. The game is a toxic endurance test when it used to be fun. And we keep playing it because we HOPE Blizzard stops drinking the OWL kool-aid…but know it’ll never happen because greed is always one hell of a drug.

People usually do it to list off reasons as to why they disapprove of the game.
Most decent companies listen to this very attentively and look out for trends in these things. Then produce things that solve these trends and solve leaver’s grievances effectively.

But instead everyone trashes on them and just calls them drama attention seeking and blizzard probably ignores them.

Because another developer will earn the title for best ongoing game.

Blizzard will purchase it for the publicity.

Both of them are trying to sell a game, only one of them is actually putting as much or more effort into maintaining the game.

1 Like

People are just heavily overreacting. Thats it really

• Lacking Dev response to hero balancing
  • Matchmaker is constantly throwing us into stomps (we win hard they win hard)
  • Every rework makes heroes OP, and the ones that don’t get followed up with a nerf into oblivion (Sombra is in a worse state than she was pre rework)
  • No Clans/community features yet
  • No replay system yet
  • Avoid as teammate needs constant management throughout the week since you almost never play with the same people throughout the week.

Its understandable to be frustrated when heroes remain overpowered for months and get a micro nerf without the follow up to ensure the hero is balanced.

It doesn’t help that only 1 dev has actually commented on how they view balance work and it essentially equated to them viewing it as a constant process. Not how they actually measure when a hero is over powered or under powered.

“Maybe” seems like a truth statement.
Nah… they won’t listwn

Bastion, Symmetra, Sombra, Reaper, and others would like to talk to you about that.

And those numbers could be higher if Blizzard bothered to fix things such as the formatting, character balance, conduct of their own players, etc.

They may be cosmetic, but the actual methods being used in OW lootboxes are actually the most predatory out of most anything else out there. And it’s even worse when you take into account the fact that you can’t directly purchase skins unless you stock up on coins, which you can only get through lootboxes either as direct drops or when you get a duplicate.

Most of the events have just been the same variations of previous ones, just with different selectable characters, and the only purpose of the Arcade mode has been to separate the competitive mode from everything else. The addition of community servers has probably been the one positive addition to the entire game, and even that was handled haphazardly. And in a market where every game has some form of single player component, Blizzard being such an outliar despite being famous for their story-driven content is not normal.

[quote] Community isn’t Blizzards fault. Only the peoples. Community is far worse on LoL.
[/quote]

LoL has actually gotten much better lately from what I’ve heard because the devs are actually making solid efforts to reduce toxicity. Meanwhile, Blizzard is actually complacent is making OW more toxic on account of their direct actions, such as implementing a reporting system that’s easily exploited, ignoring the actual worst offenders, allowing innocent people to get banned simply because of what character they pick, and more, all the while hiding themselves in their own little bubble pretending that nothing is wrong.

[edited by Forum Moderator: Please review the Code of Conduct we have available as a guide for forum use to prevent any future action. This reply has had parts omitted from the response to prevent a flame war and personal attacks on other posters.]