Why is Mystery FFA a thing?

How is it free for all if you can’t pick a hero?
Like, can we please remove this game mode? I have to sit there n stare at it for a full week until it goes away during an event–the time when what you need the most is loot boxes? I wanna get loot boxes and this leaves me with all the most boring game modes to do so. Can it at least not come around during events?
Wtf

19 Likes

“Wahh, I don’t like this gamemode, remove it pls!”
Sorry, but have you ever thought that other people like other modes?
Mystery FFA is a really fun mode for me and many others.
While 1v1 is the most boring for me, but still liked by others. yet I don’t complain as I know that they will change it to something else again soon.

And especially now with Junkenstein it`s soooo easy to get the wins (and a lot of EXP while doing so)

28 Likes

Oh god, don’t tell me we’re stuck with Mystery Deathmatch for whole week now ?
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

21 Likes

its garbage. Wth are they thinking?

16 Likes

It makes it so people aren’t picking cheese heros.

For example, I generally get 2nd /3rd in FFA because I generally cheese it on Junkrat.

However, in Mystery FFA I tend to get 6th or 7th because I’m only good at cheesing 1 vs 1s as I am bad at finishing people off.

3 Likes

The point of Mystery FFA’s is to challenge your skill on a hero you may not actually be good at, or familiar with.

12 Likes

Free-for-all means you don’t have teammates. It has nothing to do with what hero you play or how you got that hero.

5 Likes

You don’t have to play it. And if you really can’t bear the sight of the gamemode, perhaps you should take a break from Overwatch as a whole and rethink your life a little bit.

7 Likes

I don’t see a problem with it. I personally find the other one more boring because it’s always like 5 mccree, 2 hogs, a few brigs, a few widow etc. It gets old

3 Likes

Mystery deathmatch? You mean pray you get roadhog?

6 Likes

Hate it so much.

1.) You rarely are able to generate ults.
2.) You can’t pick counters based on what everyone is playing
3.) You can’t pick characters you are good at. It is just infuriating. Is anyone enjoying going up against Brig as Mercy … I mean seriously.

8 Likes

Looks like all the good ffa players are taking the week off from overwatch. siiiiigh

2 Likes

I think a better alternative to the current style of Mystery FFA would be if you got a random hero at the start, and had to stay them for the entire game. You start as Moira, you stay Moira. No one knows who they’ll get until the game starts, and then they’re stuck with that. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

This is my whole issue. I played three matches, one spent mainly as Mercy, another spent mainly as Lucio and a third spent mainly as Zen.
Like, at least remove healers with barely any HP from it. The people who get to the top with all the kills just happen to land on heroes they’re good at and end up annihilating a slew of healers

2 Likes

I keep leaving when someone else leave. it may reset the DM but idc.

1 Like

I think people are just upset because the arcade is already limited to 5 slots, 2 of which are taken for the event, and so it gets frustrating to see week-long game mode slots taken by very unpopular modes. Saying they need to rethink their life is a little bit of an extreme reaction to his statement.

4 Likes

It’s pretty much this like if they have mystery deathmatch in I’d rather it take up the mystery slot instead of the normal deathmatch slot that way I can actually play a game mode that I really enjoy without having to hope I get a randomly good pick.

2 Likes

Oh, is it on?
Have to try it, sounds fun! :smiley:

2 Likes

Game mode is fine, If you get a crappy hero fed the kill to someone low on the ladder and get a new one

1 Like

So there are two MH FFA now? because MH is pretty much stacked heroes all the time now.