Why is mercy's superjump considered a feature and not bug

Is just seems kinda strange that other bugs/glitches like brigitte bash into whip boost, genji’s early dash into wall climb which launched him into the air, the fall into jump which made zero sound and countless other unintended mechanics got patched, while mercy’s superjump doesnt really seem to different from the others i just mentioned and it got reconized as a feature.

2 Likes

They said it was because they liked the interaction and the extra level it added to Mercy, so they kept it.

The other things didn’t fall into that category I suppose.

13 Likes

Welp that kinda sucks. Loved the fall into jump to sneak up on unsuspecting supports but understandable.

Isn’t this still a thing?

Why did they want to change moira’s fade, even though fade jumping is the same feature and a lot harder to pull off… guess Moira just isn’t popular enough huh.

I’m in fear every day cause of OW2, I feel like they are reworking Moira and fade is gonna get some massive changes in a negative way to her.

And why not? is Mercy deleting players by doing this? :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Because they liked it. Most of smash bros melee’s mechanics that are now loved were bugs/oversights yet were kept because it made the game a lot more dynamic. They still fixed bugs people didn’t like.

Basically they kept it because they liked the idea of it, even if it started off as a bug. They removed bugs they don’t like the idea of.

cause mercy doesn’t oneshot you with it.

Mercy has to escape the Blizzard execs somehow!

Too soon?

dunno if Brigitte can still do it… but Brigitte coming for you using that whip shot and shield thingy was the scariest thing ever

I was playing DPS once and Brigitte literally climbed up the wall on junkertown… :sob:

I remember that one =) I once made it at anubis from mega’s hg to mini hg above 1st point

Nightmares of Brig coming out of nowhere to the HG :sunglasses:

Why fix something if you can just say it is a feature?

It is? I tried it yesterday but it didnt work.

1 Like

because the forum is full of mercy mains. anyway i think that the mercy superjump is fine but this thing should have a cooldown.

From what I understood, they fixed the code but implemented it as a feature. It’s not that rare that a bug changes gameplay mechanics and devs keep it in the game. That’s basically the origin of bunny hopping.

What they changed was to allow you overshoot a target which is fine but the superjump alone still relies on exploits to be triggered which wasn’t intended. They just said they like it and won’t fix it.

I dont see any problems w/ such. They should have kept Genji Ledge Dash too as well. Liike why remove things from the game that distinguish individuals w/ extreme knowledge of certain characters vs those w/o such

Because it is broken and unfair exploit? That seems like a good reason to me.

Its the same concept on both ends. Both scenarios merely offer each character more movement potential. Ledge Dash was only getting Genji from Point A to Point B faster sometimes

Like I said idc if they keep such. Its just kinda hypocritical is all.

If ppl waste time to master it then it is not so useless.

Yes it is hypocritical to remove one but not the other.