Why is mccree still a shield/tank buster?

I mean if we’re going to talk about 5v5 then let’s bring the blanket.

All OW heroes will need changes in OW2. Read: every hero will need changes. Not just McCree

Less than you’d think actually.

A. All the Tanks (8)
B. Ranged TankBusters (4)
C. Snipers (3)
D. Freeze/Flashbang/Hack/EMP (3)

With 3 slots of those categories overlapping, that’s “only” 15 characters needing changes.

No, its really every hero. That’s if they want OW to remain at the pace it currently is. You have to compensate for both teams missing a whopping 400-600 HP. You’re not gonna do that without touching every hero’s kit

I mean, sure. There are more minor adjustments that will need to be made.

And that 15 number is assuming they can bypass the need for adjusting all the flankers, by keeping Sombra/Brig almost the same as they are now.

In this scenario are tanks on 75% for the second stun? Immunity after the second?

That’s the type of stuff I think we should have now, while the 5v5 reworks that remove those stuns aren’t ready or don’t work in 6v6.

I don’t think devs will go for it because they like the KISS rule. I don’t think devs want that kind of relationship between abilities, they like that consistency (I’ll personally take whatever I can get right now though).

As for boops, for one remove knockbacks on primary/secondaries. Pharah, Zarya, Junk, Rein, Doomfist one assumes is getting reworked (brawler?), Helix rocket CC also unnecessary - of course keep the rocket jumps, tech is good. So basically keep boops locked behind cooldowns, stuns behind ultimates (and tank abilities but there’s only one tank so those won’t chain). And of course some amount - decided per character basis - for knockback resistance to tanks, not a blanket value. I reckon Ball could be more susceptible (10-20%), Rein Hog Winston a lot less, Orisa Sig in the middle depending on how their reworks turn out.

It was goats buff actually.

Tanks
50%, 75%, 90%, 99%, 100%

Everybody else
0%, 50%, 75%, 90%, 99%, 100%

Well when the game launched he had full 70 damage on right clicks. So you can imagine how well that went

And Mercy had mass res, armor worked differently on beams, Zarya could get double charge from piercing projectiles, speaking of which Sym had those …

So many changes.

FTH 300 damage still a goats buff though.

And McCree was created at launch with burst damage in mind

If there’s a second stun on cooldown in the sup slot (bash or/and new heroes), and one or more stun in the two DPS slot… Then just jump from 75 to 100.

And then there’s stuff le hook, trap, grav that would lik mighty funky if they weren’t exceptions to that.

Which again brings me to KISS and shut I think devs will just nuke the concept of a non-tank non-ultimate stun.

And now it’s 2021, we’re not balancing for 2016.

I don’t care if at launch the hero shot balloon animals from their eyes.

How about 50%, 75%, 99%, such that it’s still technically a stun. But all it really accomplishes is to block channeled abilities/ults.

Yup, also there’s charge, halt and gravitic flux.

I figure “Grapples” are fine with no resistance.

It’s what I wish we had now.

For OW2 I rather still the removal of non-tank non-ult stuns. It’s a design challenge but keeps it simpler for the players, as well as gives the roles stronger identity (on the same note I don’t tanks should get ranged damage but that’s another story).

Yeah the tank stuff is fine, just one tank so it doesn’t chain between themselves.

But then in the end only tanks should have grapples on CDs otherwise the problem resets back up, suppose trap is fine but the limitation should exist for new heroes.

All in all, I’d rather call it all a spade a spade and nuke Bash, Hack, Flashbang, Trap, Punch stun, Freeze beam, etc and whatever else new heroes may already have.

The way I see the hardest of the list to remove is Hack, for its an integral part of Sombra, more so than the others. But she has always been a contentious hero so might as well bite that bullet while they’re in full development. Surely there’s no shortage of ideas from the devs (hopefully from not Geoff Goodman).

I mean, it’s “simple”, but like I said I think leaving Brig/Sombra with their AntiDive intact avoids opening a big can of worms on Flanker nerfs.

And Brig/Sombra barely even exist outside Masters/GM.

Hack/Bash punishes the strongest flankers a lot less than they do punish Ball, Hog, Winston, Rein. That’s half the role right there.

Flankers can of worms is the small one, you want open that. Echo is OP right now, needs dealing with anyway, Doom should be on the rework list, Tracer and Genji? I see a myriad of options.

Also everything depends on how movement and hitboxes will behave. Don’t ignore that. Movement acceleration would be a massive nerf to those mobile pesky flankers, but a hitbox adjustment reduction the board to better resemble its pixels would be a buff. We don’t know if we’ll get one, both or neither of those, or if we do to what extent they may be.

Doesn’t really matter to me. Got think long term. OW1 didn’t start with this much CC either, there’s new heroes coming for OW2, if Hack/Bash/Sleep exist then it means it’s okay for support #8 to have a taser that stuns, or whatever, and there goes again my ulcer.

I don’t half measures. Compromises are quid pro quos, love those, half measures… Usually mean full problems eventually .

I wouldn’t mind it being tuned down a bit, but it might require compensation.

I’m not passionate about McCree one way or the other but you get a like for saying mcflash.

1 Like

I’m not exactly sure we should change heroes depending on what the current year is.