Why is everyone's hair bigger and longer?!

I noticed that practically all new designs for shown Heroes make them have either longer hair or beard or both. Tracer and Widowmaker the only exceptions I’ve seen, though the latter has now braids on her hairstyle.
Why?
Does Blizzard’s Overwatch team thinks is just “cool” to make everyone “wiser and matured” putting big hair and beard? Will there be a time gap between the events of Overwatch 1 and 2? Why not make Soldier 76 shave his beard??
I think there could be the option to customize hairstyle and beards of applicable Heroes.

???

This is just false. Everyone’s hair is roughly the same. Please give examples.

•Mercy’s hair is shorter.
•Mei’s is same with different style.
•Lucio is nearly the same.
•Torb has always had his beard, and he hasn’t had his hair shown before.
•Reinhardt isn’t really shocking to have a beard, he seems the type and has had many skins with beards before. In addition, he’s also had a lot of skins with long hair.
•Soldier also seems like the type to have a beard, especially at his age.
•McCree has also always had a beard, it’s just grown out, and is also a common staple in cowboys.

3 Likes

Exactly, it grew, why did it grow? It shouldn’t have to.

Beards typically grow over time. I know, it’s shocking.

Anyways your post makes no sense because it’s only the beards that have grown for the most part.

18 Likes

It is shocking to not make those characters to shave their beards. It feels like just a forced trope, really: “Hey let’s make their hairs big and long to make them mature. GENIUS!”.

1 Like

None of their hairs are bigger.

•Reins beard is long, not shocking, he’s always had a beard. Of course he would grow it out.
•McCree’s beard isn’t much longer then his current beard.
•Torb has always had a long beard.
•Soldier’s beard isn’t long at all.

Your complaining about something that doesn’t even matter but that’s just a typical forum user for you.

Why do all of them have to be clean faced?

1 Like

I mean there isn’t really anything wrong with them growing out their hair

6 Likes

McCree and Soldier 76 are both on-the-run, and Reinhardt is a chivalrous hobo. I would be very surprised if they are even practicing good hygiene. Its just Torbjorn who is living in a home.

It is not to make them look more mature. They are just fugitives that live in abandoned temples or out the back of a truck.

7 Likes

:wink: I think it is more a stylistic device: “New” (Winston’s) Overwatch: New management, new verve, new costumes, … longer hair. :grin:

2 Likes

They look too nice for fugitives. Soldier 76’s hair is not long enough nor his beard, it should be cheap to buy a razor blade at least… I bet they even smell(!) good. I really do not think that as a good excuse, but who knows, Blizzard might just go with that.

Not everyone shaves you know.

2 Likes

Oh, I know that myself, hue. Still, making everyone beardy to “display maturity” is a misguided trope Blizzard seemed to adopt.
I require here that we are allowed to choose different hair and beard styles for our Heroes, regardless of their outfits!

You can still play the old skins too :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I definitely know that and I am glad but I will still be upset if the hairstyle changes in old skins too, hopefully not. :pray:t4:

1 Like

yea, this isn’t very common knowledge but beards grow overtime

i know, shocking!

If you hate it that much just use the old deafult skins.

And beards are to be eventually shaven. Beards are pointless and are entitled to be shaven.

I will hate if the “new” hairstyles and beards are forced into old skins.

They’re not going to do that.

1 Like

Says who? You don’t know what disgusting mess I’m currently rocking behind this screen

…no? They are a way to get warm?

He aged, every hero has for OW2

1 Like