Most new OW2 skins are downgrades

For what I understand the OW1 base skins will still be in the game…

But I’m foggy on that.

1 Like

Idk

From the AMA:
“The new look of the heroes will be the default look in Overwatch 2. Your skins from Overwatch 1 will carry over and the new looks won’t affect them.”

This sounds like we won’t have the really default ones anymore. But this could also mean that the OW1 variants will be skins :thinking:… because I have my doubts they rework the epics which are often recolors.

1 Like

Yeah that’s what I get from that.

1 Like

I don’t like McCree’s new hairstyle + beard. I liked the sloppier/younger look better.

2 Likes

I don’t like Soldier’s new beard :neutral_face:. I prefer him so much shaved.

3 Likes

So WHAT?! Oh I remember you, full of trolling opinions and this is no different…
But speaking on this issue itself, the new designs are POINTLESS are just to make Overwatch 2 visually look like a sequel, and make no sense from a storyline viewpoint, like seriously every single Hero (except for Echo, so far) is going to change their appearance ( Why is everyone’s hair bigger and longer?! - Story Discussion - Overwatch Forums (blizzard.com)) at the same time?? Ridiculous, especially when most of Overwatch story was told outside the game, and in present time in-game only “Storm Rising” counts.
And incidentally I found no new default design to be superior to Overwatch, the closest I liked was Pharah’s because I liked the white shades on her armor and also liked her visor was translucent, but even in this the visor was too high showing too much of her face…

1 Like

I agree with op, old mercy looks better - her halo looks like a suitcase handle tacked on to her head and her hair rubbish. Tracer looks good though.

Actually wait, didn’t i read somewhere that you don’t get the new skin textures and effect unless you purchase ow2. Another good reason not to buy the sequel.

2 Likes

I think all of the new skins are huge UPGRADES

3 Likes

mccree looks sorta drippy in OW2, im looking forward to it

The hair looks good, but I miss the pony tail, and the backwards halo isn’t nearly as good as the forward facing one. That armor is amazing though.

1 Like

Welp, i dislike most of them too, but they are skins, and i dont use much of default skins, so as long as they dont ruin skins i like, i dont care much how bad those are. Im used to not being interested in skins they make lately.

1 Like

Omg what?? What are you talking about?? The new redesigns are HUGE upgrades from ow1!

All the ow1 original skins look so dirty, torn and very damaged! How can you not think the ow2 redesigns are better?? What?? :scream::scream:

I also think that the redesigns looks more futuristic than they do now.

1 Like

This comment has me.

But to add my opinion to the ring.
I love all of them. Even the Karen cut looks more mission friendly. I love designs that look like they’re going into combat much like combat medic Ziegler. The only one I dislike is Bap’s and the only reason I dislike it is because I don’t like the hair style.

1 Like

Of course, that’s just an opinion… A game opinion!

Well, at least for me, they failed on that objective in OW1. For most of the cast, I think their default skins are much better designed than any of their legendaries.

I think other than Genji (Sentai), Hanzo (scion), Roadhog (Junkenstein’s Monster) and Mercy (Pink), I use the defaults (with OG Valiant colors because I like green) on everyone else. Oh, and Widowmaker, who I don’t even play outside of Mystery heroes, but I keep Noir on her because I can.

1 Like

The Widowmaker design screams upgrade to me. The rest? Eh.

That is you and not me. My personal thoughts on it is some are sad changes, some are ok changes and some are amazing changes. There’s a fairly equal amount of ups and downs. Currently, my top faved design I think right now from the OW2 designs is Sombra’s design. That looks so badass on a number of levels.

I don’t really get this argument. It is clearly a new armor/outfit. Why would they want it to be damaged/dirty. They are/will be part of Overwatch (very likely for Cree, we don’t know yet). Obviously they will repair/clean their armor/outfit between battles.

Same here again, she will clean her outfit and replace parts when they are too worn out. She is missing semblance of being an Helix Security member, because she most likely won’t be anymore in OW2

this

Most of them got simplified to a more cohesive all around look which isnt a bad thing and some designs are simply better or even “younger” with their new looks. Like McCree, for example, finally having a proper beard or Reinhardt that doesn’t look like he has one step in the grave anymore. But what ever happened to Lucio’s and Widow’s hair i personaly dislike it tho. I just wish some of the recoloros make them a tiny better dare i ask for a widow with black hair instead of popping blue almost every skin.