Why is Dva being nerfed AGAIN?

They’re basically trying to get rid of goats to make OWL look less pathetic, like how they originally added the abomination that is Baguette to remove dive from OWL. It’s all about that pro scene money. Kinda like how they nerfed Zen’s right click some time ago to make him less powerful in OWL.

Basically, 0.01% of the player base is more important than the rest.

17 Likes

Yet the main complaint I see about Dva is she eats ults. Exactly when were you planning to adapt and stop throwing ults into DM as brainlessly as you have been? Maybe at that point you should accept that you’ve been outplayed.

30 Likes

Because she’s too strong.

14 Likes

honestly id take a boost or damage nerf. although its nice to get around fast, its not essential for a tank. and i never wanted more damage in place of matrix time (last nerf), it just makes no sense at all.

and so what a hero has the ability to fit into most all situations. that just mean she was a wide range of applications. do you really want heroes to only be niche and only usable in a handful of situations?

2 Likes

D.va has always been stupidly strong because of her defense matrix. She has been the center of pretty much every meta because she is good at everything. Neither dive nor goats would exist without her.

She has mobility, survivability, damage and the super-power to negate an INFINITE amount of damage for a short time as a regular ability.

I don’t know how people don’t see her value and think that she is weak.

7 Likes

That’s the reason they gave.

To be honest, I think they are trying to tone down Dva’s pickrate in OWL, which has always been high. In fact, it’s the second highest close to the highest (Brigitte).

6 Likes

but thats not enough. they’re just saying what they’re doing, not discussing it. just because a hero is at the to of the pickrate list doesnt mean they need to be nerfed. if that was the case then there would need to bee nerfs like every week to the hero at the top spot.

also just because she is used in a certain way in the league doesnt mean the rest of the playerbase (which is the majority) needs to play the same way. are we really being punished for things that a few outlying players are doing? how is this fair at all?

1 Like

Why do people continue to ignore the lack of defensive offtanks? Gee I wonder why Zarya and D.va see play when there is no real competion to them other then themselves. But this gets ignored.

8 Likes

I main roadhog, so ults into DM don’t bother me as I can just use whole hog to dispense her DM, but with Zarya you can get screwed to the point where you might never throw out your ult in fear of dva eating it unless you kill her first. But she can fly away before her mech is destroyed

2 Likes

and then she ults. dva literally has to turn her back and run to save her mech and gives zarya the chance to ult. how is that hard to realize and learn to do?

5 Likes

You realize that is more than common to get demeched while boosters are on cooldown right on live? Even when boosters were the “correct” thing to do. It happens way more than people seem to realize.

2 Likes

I was just saying what I think what the reason is for the nerf. That’s it.

The whole PTR patch seems to focused on GOATS in OWL with the Armor nerfs and Reaper buffs. I wouldn’t be surprised if they nerf Dva to tone down her extremely high pickrate in OWL.

Dva is extremely versatile and I doubt the nerfs will drop her pickrate much. I mean, who can offer what Dva can offer? (The same thing can be said about Reinhardt.) There needs to be more similar tanks so Dva (and Reinhardt) can get a niche.

3 Likes

And what I am saying is that the nerf is not needed in the first place as the sole reason for her pickrate is the lack of competition. And her competition is already better than her on live. D.va on live with literally any competition that is actually serious is nothing more than mediocre at best. Heck I think she might even be looked at for positive tweaks not this because as you said there is very little competition.

Using pickrates is stupid as it neglects things that matter very much like why they are picked in the first place.

Also this is in no shape or form a small change.

3 Likes

D.VA sucks against widow. Her matrix change doesnt really impact her being decent against hanzo.

Hanzo is far from the only hero that these changes affect. The list is only going to get longer and longer. And yes the changes do effect how she fights hanzo as Hanzo’s storm arrow now has to messed up by the hanzo to not work.

Hero’s are ok to be good in a lot of situations, but for that they should be weaker in every category. Soldier 76 is a good example of this (although i think he’s a little UP right now). No hero should be good at everything. Average at everything is ok. Or great at somethings and bad at others. You should be having to switch off your hero’s through the course of a match. Whenever you’re playing a hero that works all of the time, there is an issue.

So what happens to the rest of the INFINITE amount of damage when D.Va’s matrix is down the vast majority of time?

I don’t know why people blow her up as this oppressive omnipresent game projectile vacuum cleaner that absorbs all damage everywhere, all the time.

18 Likes

She’s good right now, all you gotta do is think a little when to use DM, good D.VAs will adapt to this fairly quick.

Can’t believe some people react like this while Orisa exists. She literally got nerfed for no reason as she was already underperforming…

1 Like

When they halved dm and gave her rockets, thst was actually a buff.

5 Likes

Honestly if you are playing D.va and using up all your DM on unnecessary damage then you are playing her wrong.

Having a 2 second cooldown on DM forces you to be more conservative with your use but honestly it is balanced. Have you tried it out on the PTR yet?

7 Likes