Why is Dva being nerfed AGAIN?

what is going on? why are all the useful players being nerfed into the ground? why does dva need to be nerfed AGAIN??? like seriously, i dont understand.

nobody wants to adapt to things in the game to improve their own play so they just cry about it to get it changed. the halving of matrix was outragous and unfair to dva players but i kept playing her because i adapted to it. its not right to ask us to keep adapting to the changes but not the people who play against her.

also, WHY ARE YOU LESSENING A TANK’S ABILITY TO TANK? with the amount of dps matches in this gmae, dva is a tank, period. what sense does it make to take a tanks ability to actually tank away from her??? you know like the ability to block damage, protect teammates and keep herself alive? so what matrix eats ults, that what makes it special and unique. abilities need to be unique and diverse because thats what makes the game fun and different.

i was able to withstand the previous nerf (which i still want reverted) but if these ptr changes go through i might actually finally leave this game. this is just so unfair and unwarranted.

89 Likes

Because some people play that hero as an dps with more hp
So they nerf her tank ability
Simple as that.

23 Likes

It’s happening, boys.

Sniperwatch is becoming reality.

24 Likes

It’s my fault, I am sorry.

I can’t help myself and I wreck all the games. :frowning:

2 Likes

We have tried adapting to dva. For almost a year. She is too good at everything

65 Likes

but the behavior of ‘some people’ shouldn’t change the hero for the majority of the hero’s playerbase. its like punishing the whole class because 3 people were cheating during the test. its unfair

6 Likes

Only main tanks are allowed to be useful apparently.

14 Likes

We talk about overwatch. Thats normal, i expect more tank nerfs soon, and have hope that anthem gona be good game.

Someone complaining about his/her main getting nerfed, wow, haven’t seen that before…

26 Likes

:rofl: Yeah, whereabouts in the past 2 (soon to be 3) years of non-stop raging for nerfs, reworks and playstyle overhauls (even if it’s a direct contradiction to the last one) did that occur exactly?

19 Likes

Dva isn’t even the most picked tank. She isn’t the second most picked tank.
Heck she is out picked by several other heroes too.

But she is in “every match” :confused:

32 Likes

also btw, the dev comments “this change allows d.Va’s enemies to try and play around her Defense Matrix by increasing its downtime between uses” is not a reason. it just says what is actually happening.

do they really think their playerbase is stupid? that they cant learn how to work with what they are given? at some point they have to put their foot down and say no more. adapt to it or too bad cuz they cant keep bending to every crybaby’s whim.

22 Likes

only thing i dislike about D.va is how her shots and rockets feel like dog crap at a distance…why would rockets lack dmg at a distance?THEY HAVE JETS BEHIND THEM!

3 Likes

DVA has been oppressively powerful since she got the ability to toggle defence matrix. She has ALWAYS been a good pick. In every possible team comp, DVA fits. That is why she needed some balance changes. If you didn’t want DM nerfed then she likely would have either lost her jet boost, or had her damage nerfed significantly.

19 Likes

They’re basically trying to get rid of goats to make OWL look less pathetic, like how they originally added the abomination that is Baguette to remove dive from OWL. It’s all about that pro scene money. Kinda like how they nerfed Zen’s right click some time ago to make him less powerful in OWL.

Basically, 0.01% of the player base is more important than the rest.

17 Likes

Yet the main complaint I see about Dva is she eats ults. Exactly when were you planning to adapt and stop throwing ults into DM as brainlessly as you have been? Maybe at that point you should accept that you’ve been outplayed.

30 Likes

Because she’s too strong.

14 Likes

honestly id take a boost or damage nerf. although its nice to get around fast, its not essential for a tank. and i never wanted more damage in place of matrix time (last nerf), it just makes no sense at all.

and so what a hero has the ability to fit into most all situations. that just mean she was a wide range of applications. do you really want heroes to only be niche and only usable in a handful of situations?

2 Likes

D.va has always been stupidly strong because of her defense matrix. She has been the center of pretty much every meta because she is good at everything. Neither dive nor goats would exist without her.

She has mobility, survivability, damage and the super-power to negate an INFINITE amount of damage for a short time as a regular ability.

I don’t know how people don’t see her value and think that she is weak.

7 Likes

That’s the reason they gave.

To be honest, I think they are trying to tone down Dva’s pickrate in OWL, which has always been high. In fact, it’s the second highest close to the highest (Brigitte).

6 Likes