Why I Like the Mercy Changes

That is a MM issue, not a hero issue…

That is how you play Mercy this days… This is optimal play style for her… And guess what, it was not what Mercy players wanted. It was what every one else wanted when they forced her rework since ‘Mercy should not be main healer’…

I didn’t ask for this, but this is most optimal play style for her now. Figure out who is best pocket target then pocket them…

This is how I’ve seen her played for as long as I remember. They are almost always in a duo and never leave their Ashe/Soldier/Cree. It’s infuriating to play against.

Not saying it’s every Mercy main, but there’s a reason people call Mercy mains boosted. Many of them only play Overwatch to get boosted by a DPS. I’ve encountered Mercys who are proud of being boosted. I just think is it really that fun for them to only exist to solely ruin the experience for other players?

bro…??? are you fr?

mercy is even BETTER at pocketing now and she’s never supposef to heal the tank. girl…

1 Like

i don’t play much mercy myself but the change just seems like a failure on every level to me, but mostly i feel kinda bad for people who’ve invested hundreds of hours into her and found her movement incredibly fun only to be basically turned into a stationary healing/dmg boost turret, which also effectively lowers the skill ceiling by quite a bit

i’m not a high rank player so i don’t want to throw my weight in too much when it comes to discussions of balance, but her dmg boost and rez are what should have been looked at, while changing her movement just makes her a less engaging hero. i mean, she’s boring now, she feels awkward and clunky and i think they not only jumped the gun but they’re currently demonstrating some pretty obtuse behavior when it comes to acknowledging players’ feedback

Your probably at best plat with this thought process

2 Likes

yeah best play, never pocket the tank.

I meant to say you are at best plat

People talk down to Mercy because they come across as non-fps players?

Why does nobody ever do it to Reinhardt, in that case? Mercy at least has a pistol.

1 Like

Since 2018… After MOTH nerfs…

Less than you would expect…

They are fundamentally not understanding mechanics of a hero. And the fact that this is what THEY wanted with their whining from when she was a main healer.

asserted without evidence, so dismissed without one…

Doubt that…

Again she does not ruin anybody’s experience… Unless they want to easily 1v2, but that is on them not understanding a fundamental concept of numbers advantage…

Bring back mass rez😌

I agree but I’m chirping in on this. I feel like the pocket play style got super cemented in when she had 50 hps. Damage boosting was about the only viable strat to lean into with her.

They should have nerfed everything.

Mercy is like genji. She will always be played no matter what.

That change took place August 9th 2018. (-;

Moth was born on September 19th 2017.

Exactly that.
Nothing changed except that she is less fun to play.

1 Like

I think it would be a fantastic change. I don’t want to fly in, pull off some crazy rez, then be almost entirely helpless haha!

1 Like

Heck yeah, bring huge rez

Summary on Mercy’s Changes after Feb 7 - General Discussion - Overwatch Forums (blizzard.com)

Here’s why the changes are so bad, but also how they make no sense in regards of the actual problem

Or give her back the 1.5sec GA, and then lower Mercy’s survival in some other way.

For example:

[OW2] Make Mercy Wider + 1.5sec GA

The comment about her hiding behind cover was made by a different individual. Not OP.

That’s great and all that you feel that way but Mercy was already the most popular hero in OW1 so there’s 0 reason they should be catering to people who didn’t enjoy her whilst simultaneously ruining the hero for the people who actually LOVE the hero and have for years. Period.

Not to mention her stats/death rate have not changed at all since the nerf and she’s only taking a bit more damage overall which further confirms my theory that she was never too hard to kill, people just never shoot her at all because they perceive it as being impossible so they don’t even try. Even after this change I have so many games where my team does not shoot enemy Mercy at ALL and it’s infuriating, I’m the one having to kill her 90% of the time because I see her GA and I know she’s a sitting duck for the next 3 seconds.

So now we just have a Mercy who still doesn’t die any more than she did before the change, but is 1000x less fun to play AND has insane healing which is less fun to play against. Yay us?

2 Likes